CareOne at Morris Assisted Living - Parsippany, NJ

Very nice place and the first that offered 24/7 nursing on site!

Absolutely disgusted

Horrible place - smelly, bad food, complacent management. Do not place a loved one here!

Tour and options

I turned this community for the care for the family. The staff was nice and I was happy that they were able to answer my questions. They had a nice menu that is available. This community was not big for what we were looking for. Families might want to consider a tour

I really liked the atmosphere here because the residents were out and about. They even greeted us as we were walking around. I didn't see any resident unattended or sleeping in a hallway. The rooms are spacious and clean. [Removed] was very helpful and answered all of our concerns/questions. The only drawback for us was parking. We went at 2PM and had to park at the other side of the complex.

Tucked Away

CareOne at Morris Assisted Living was a very nice and clean community that we toured. The staff was very friendly and knowledgeable and answered all of our questions. We chose another community that was more centrally located.

My tour

This was a nice looking community when we visited. The people we met were very nice and helpful. The community did seem to offer some nice amenities including a pool. This community was just a little farther away than the community we chose.

All inclusive rate includes everything. Looks like no fee evaluation. Somewhat hard to find as there are two Mazdabrook roads to choose from. Rehab people seem nice and not people to fight with. Enjoyed my visit.

I personally like this facility very much. The campus is beautiful. The rooms were nice and the "Great Room" is just homey and cozy. I loved the feel of the dining room (very restaurant style). The fish tanks are a plus. All the "age in place" steps are there. But although i personally loved it, I know it is not quite what other family members have in mind. Again, I very much liked this facility.

Extremely pleased and grateful for CareOne

I'm another one for not writing reviews, but for the few that are worth it, I will. This is one of them. My husband and I are extremely pleased with the services of CareOne at Morris Assisted Living. My mother will be 103 yrs. old the end of this month (Nov. '16) and she has been a permanent resident in CareOne since Feb. '16. She has been in for respite stays over the past six yrs. She lived with us for 5-1/2 yrs. in our home. We cannot put into words the treasure we have in CareOne taking care of her now. The staff is top notch quality. The management is impeccable. The caregivers are hand picked out of the best. The management/directorial staff is very open, direct and approachable. If there is any issue whatsoever they are all available. They are all there for us regardless if it is the most trivial circumstance to the most urgent. The teamwork between management/directorial staff and caregivers and all other staff is incredible. I can't even imagine the training methods they use to attain this teamwork talent. There is always something interactive going on for the residents, too numerous to list, but they have a flyer each month listing them on a daily basis. The movie theater is very impressive which gives the opportunity for a variety of educational documentaries and old-quality entertainment to keep their minds and memories going. The kitchen is like a restaurant, complete with menu, with a great selection of entrees. My husband and I and family have all eaten there and all like their food. The kitchen staff is hardworking and aims to please. Every single employee at CareOne is so nice and so courteous, we love knowing them. And Chewie the little doggie is the angel mascot from heaven for all of us! The atmosphere there is like living in a very classy home environment. Very homey, relaxed, clean, do-as-you-please attitude, making it possible for the residents (and visitors) to get to know each other and look out for each other like family, which they sure do. It is very touching to observe how caring all of the residents are toward each other. All said, it doesn't surprise me how the Daily Record newspaper voters voted this establishment the best in Morris County for about 5 yrs. in a row. CareOne is something Parsippany should be very proud of, having this place in our own backyards. And NJ should be especially proud, based on how hard it is to live, work and operate in NJ!!! -- That in itself is truly a miracle, that this place CAN operate as they do (in NJ). We are 32-yr. Parsippanians and we can say with heartfelt words: We love you CareOne and THANK YOU and God bless you all.

A Good Experience During Our Time Here

We had a good experience during my mother stay here. It is a great community with kind people. The location wasn't the very convenient for our families to travel. I wasn't very familiar with the area. The staff was kind and helpful. It is a very nice community, I was very pleased with our experiences.

Meals Need Updating!!

The meals are okay, but if there was a wide variety it would be much better. The services could also improve if the staff serving meals would smile a little more make it a positive atmosphere. The housekeeping is doing a great job everything looks in place. Once a month they do a family event and it is great we get to spend time with our loved ones.

well managed

My husband was in the dementia care unit and received excellent care. He was always clean and dressed. He seemed content within his "world". The employees always let me know if he had been eating or not and how his day was going.

Amazing Experience! as soon as we walked in we had that "feeling" which made us choose Care One. Deffinatly the right choice!

My grandmother was recently a resident at Care One at Morris in Parsippany. I am not one to really review items and places online however, after seeing a poor review I felt that It would be unjust to let my extremely positive experience go unsaid.
My grandmother recently stayed at Care-One Assisted Living for a respite stay. She had been living on her own and was 95. Unfortunately, living alone in a home with may steps led her to have an unfortunate fall. Her Stubbornness was unbearable at first but it did not take long for Vincenzo and his staff to win her over. She absolutely loved the food, Entertainment, outings and especially the personalized care.
The staff at Care One is the most dedicated group of individuals I have ever come in contact with. they were so attentive and really made my grandmother and our family feel as if we were Home every time we walked in.
I can not say enough about the experience. The community was extremely clean and well decorated. My grandmother loved that the staff would always put snacks and small cans of soda in her kitchen in her room.
This is the best kept secret in Morris County!

Respite Care

Respite Care - Never again
Year 1 - Took mom there for 2 weeks - came home soiled and 20 pounds lighter - aides didn't feed her.
Year 2 - Gave it a second chance - mom came home malnourished and crippled. They were supposed to walk her 15 minutes a day and feed her. They put her in a reclining wheel chair and left her there all day. CARE NONE - will never put a loved one there again.

Vincenzo Manzella

Hello. Please contact me at [removed] or [removed] Ext 4001.

Surprise visit

I am very happy and pleased with the care my mother receives at Cafe One @ Morris. The aides are loving and attentive. Mom came in with some medical issues and was supported and attended. She came in very weak and with low interest in life. Now she beams with excitement telling me "I saw a wonderful show, 2 hours long!". I came to visit her and instead of meeting her in her apartment as I entered the assisted living entrance large room I saw her across the room, eating a snack. Since the sun was out I took her outside, found a chair on the porch like area. Then I asked her if she would like to go to see my car. We enjoyed looking at the beautiful planted l flowers, hearing the birds, then we came up to the vegetable and herb above ground garden. Mom had to smell each herb. We walked around the whole front of the building. I pushed her wheel chair and I walked , she is in a slow process of getting stronger to use the walker. At 92, my mom is very happy here, so of course are my sister and I.

A Nice Looking Community

Everything is going pretty well for my mother at this community. It is a very nice looking community, but they do have their issues just like any other community. They forget to do my mother's physical therapy sometimes. It is a pretty average community. Everyone is nice and kind. There are things they need to improve on. I really like the appearance, but they do need to fix some things before I recommend it.

CareOne gets my recommendation!!!

The only thing I would rate a 4 on with this community is there has been a small issue with following up. CareOne is very clean and the upkeep is great. I have tried the food and I am very pleased. The staff is great and very attentive to the residents. My mom likes the live entertainment.

Review of CareOne at Morris AL - Parsippany, NJ

Visted here on March 12th and met with Dianna. The place was nice. The residents did not seem necessarily happy overall and unfortunately Dianna was new to her position and could not answer all our questions. Like I said the place was nice but had an institutional feel about it.

Cheaper than short term Home Care!!!

We toured the community for my dad. My husband and I are his caregivers. We are not sure if he will move there full time but... They have a no minimum stay all inclusive respite stay which really will help us. We scheduled an April and a July Respite stay for dad so that we could go away with confidence that he would be cared for while we are gone. This program is a god send!!! If you are looking for temporary help or to test a community, this is the way to go. At least it is for us.

Respite Stay

Well my mothers Respite stay just finished and I have to say that she had an amazing time and was well care for. It gave us peace of mind knowing that while we were away she was being well cared for and having fun! Kudos to the team at Care-One Morris. She said it was like being on a cruise! We will defiantly be using them again.

Such a pleasant surprise.....

R
I really felt great about touring this community. I liked that all of the people who lived there had smiles on their faces. I had a chance to have lunch with their director Bill. We liked the food. My mom is typically very picky but she ate 95% of the food on her plate and even had dessert. The nurse we met, Dawn came to say Hi and assessed my mom while we were in a comfortable setting.

We are still looking, but Care One is definitely at the top of our list.

I walked in and out and with mom and no one even knew

At CareOne at Morris AL a lot of the staff just ignored you. The nurses wouldn't even make eye contact with you. Some of the staff were really great though. Mom was in her room a lot. My father was in the next unit over and they were going to get together some. But there were 4 days out of the week that they didn't see each other. All they needed was someone to walk them over and that didn't happen. The staff were very nice in respite where my father was. With dads dementia I do wish the staff would have pushed him a little more to participate in activities. One big thing that concerned me was the security. You are supposed to sign the patient in and out when taking them out of the facility for any amount of time. I was waiting at the front desk for mom and the staff member was on her cell phone completely ignoring me. I was actually taking my mother out of the facility and she never acknowledged me. I walked in and out and with mom and no one even knew. That was very concerning to me and when I told the staff they didn't really seem to care. It was very disappointing.

Good experience

Our experience with CareOne at Morris has been good across the board! The guy who showed us around, Bill Brottman, was very informative, and a big help throughout the whole process. The facility itself is clean and well kept, and the staff all seem very friendly and professional.

Comment: This is a review for the Care One Nursing Home - which comes up as Care Morris AL when you search for it on this website. I have been visiting my mother who has been living here for about 7 years. I have to say that the one consistent thing you can count on at this facility is that it is always chaotic and unsupervised. There are certain staff members who try their best to support the residents but THEY are not being supported by management. There has been a new Administrator almost every year she's been there and every Administrator fails to lead the staff well - the current one included (Tim) whom I've never seen once, has never taken the opportunity to get to know the residents and does not respond to any questions or concerns. This facility has been appropriately written up to the Dept of Health numerous times and guess what happens? All of the "staff" you never usually see crawl out of their offices during the DOH visits and put on their best behavior. It's atrocious. The Board of Officers and Owner should be ashamed of themselves. Why can't they get supervision in line and give the residents and staff the support they deserve?

Did not have a good experience

We did not have a good experience here. They had a real problem when it came to communicating with families. You really had to stay on top of them if you wanted any sort of updates regarding your loved ones status or care. They would reassess your loved ones care level without even a discussion, and the only way you'd know is a letter in the mail telling you that costs had gone up, effective next month. After we got one of these letters it was very hard to get in touch with anyone to discuss it. They also have issues with staff turnover, and inconsistent care quality because of it.

Excellent care

We've been very pleased with this facility! They've been incredibly easy to work with, the staff are all very friendly and they did an excellent job helping us work through the whole process. They're also helpful when it comes to putting you in touch with any other medical professionals your loved one might need. The facility itself is attractive, and is always clean and well kept. The care they provide is excellent, and they've always got plenty going on to keep the residents entertained.

The food was wonderful!

I liked the facility, but it didn't seem like they had the activities that she would enjoy. The food was wonderful!

Found a place for Mom

Before selecting a place for my mom to live, my wife and I looked at a number of assisted living facilities. CareOne at Morris had everything we were looking for. The rooms were larger with high ceilings, the bathrooms allowed you to sit on a bench inside the shower which is a big plus for an older person, the staff was courteous, and the price was competitive. Some additional niceties were the well stocked pantry and refrigerator, the movie theater and the daily activities and entertainment. Given that it was close to my home, it was the right decision in every regard.

Really get them to participate

My father is being very well taken care of, they're doing a really good job of taking care of him, these folks are much more engaging, getting him involved in a lot more activites and not just letting him sit in his room all the time. They jsut reach out to engage much much more, I know that they just converted a section to have more rooms so the size has been a factor but they whell him into bingo even though he can't see but he can hear and they keep him entertained and engaged. He has the benefit of being in the assisted living, he's in a wheelchair so he isn't a flight risk, he's easy to take care of and they tell me he's a sweet heart. i think if you have a grouch instead of a nice person they're going to be drawn more to you.

I very nice facility. Food...

I very nice facility. Food looked really good and the apartments were nice. They offered a great respite stay rate. I was specifically looking for consistent bridge games, scrabble and maybe Mah Jongg That wasn't a shoo in here. I do think the level of care is very good

Toured Thu 8/1. Under consi...

Toured Thu 8/1. Under consideration. Staffing ratios appear low/below average.

CareOne at Morris Assisted Living is conveniently located near major highways including Route 80, Route 287, and Route 46. We take pride in providing a broad continuum of health care services in a Campus setting.
We are part of a CareOne Senior Care Communities -- In addition to CareOne at Morris Assisted Living, our shared Campus features a skilled nursing center specializing in Post Acute Specialty Services and Long Term Living. Our Campus provides an unprecedented total care continuum in a nurturing, home-like environment designed to ensure both comfort and dignity. Residents and families have piece of mind in knowing that our campus approach ensures the best care is available as needs change.
Assisted Living -- From Respite Care to Assisted Living or Memory Support Care, CareOne at Morris Assisted Living exceeds Resident and family expectations. We achieve this through a personalized approach to care, exceptional service and support, all in a setting designed for comfort. CareOne at Morris Assisted Living was developed to assist seniors in maintaining their independence while enjoying the benefits of an active lifestyle. Residents are assisted with daily living tasks in a beautifully appointed building, reside in spacious apartments, and enjoy fine amenities and services. An emphasis is placed on encouraging socialization and interaction, and activity programs are centered on each Resident's interests.
Harmony Village is an intimate environment specifically designed for Residents living with Alzheimer’s Disease and related memory impairments. Harmony Village Residents receive supportive and personalized care designed to meet the challenges of memory impairment. Call today to schedule a tour.