The Windsor at Ortega - Jacksonville, FL

• Anytime Dining
  • Massage Therapy
  • Full-time Activity Director
  • Outside Patio Garden
  • Care for seniors and adults recovering from an illness
  • Free Assessment
  • hospice care assistance
  • Medical Director on Staff
  • Full Schedule of Trips, Events and Activities!
  • Free Nourishment Stations
  • 3 Balanced Meals and Snacks Per Day
  • Assistance with all aspects of daily living
  • Recreational & Social Activities
  • Specializing in Alzheimer
  • Social, cultural and educational life enrichment programs
  • Personalized care plans
  • Daily up and about check
  • Nutritious snacks available throughout the day
  • Fine dining service for breakfast, lunch and dinner
  • 24-hour Emergency Call Response
  • 24 hour care
  • Short Term Rehab
  • Long Term Care

Great staff!

My Mom has been a resident for approximately three years in the memory care unit. I chose Windsor because of the friendliness of staff and cheerful interior design (Didn't look like a doctors office or hospital). Management and staff are extremely attentive to any issues I have had which have been few. They provide field trips and entertainment for the residents frequently. I have became friends with several staff members who know me by name and go out of their way to speak and update me on my mom. My hat goes off to [Removed] who works the front desk, she is a blessing. She has went out of her way to assist me on short notice with doctor appointments and other issues with my mom when my job prohibited me from being there.
[Removed] and her entire staff have been great!

Sarah Shannon

Thank you for your wonderful review! We are honored you chose The Windsor for your mother, and we're so pleased to hear you're still happy with the care we provide three years later. Our relationships with residents and their families are everything to us, and your compliments mean a lot. We appreciate the feedback!

A tour for care

We toured this community for care that we needed. The staff transferred me several times to speak with someone. This community did not seem organized. We did not see a menu and we do not know if they had activities. The community is newer. We would recommend that families tour this community for the options of care that might be needed for a loved one

Sarah Shannon

Thank you for visiting our community, and for taking the time to write a review. We are concerned to hear that you did not get more information about the menu and life enrichment program, and will look into this internally. We value your feedback and appreciate your recommendation.

A Good Tour

We had a tour with a representative who was friendly and professional. They know about their community when Getting answers. However, nothing was wrong with the community itself, my loved one preferred a different community.

Sarah Shannon

Thanks for visiting The Windsor at Ortega, and for taking the time to write a review! We're so glad to hear you enjoyed the tour, and we wish you and your loved one all the best.

Great stay!

This is a very nice facility! The staff are attentive and the facility is safe and well maintained. We have not run into any issues with Windsor, so we are very pleased with my loved one's stay!

Sarah Shannon

Thanks for your kind words! We are thrilled to hear your loved one has enjoyed their stay at The Windsor at Ortega!

Quality Establishment

My mother has recently moved into this community and so far we have no complaints of how things are going for her. I love the fact that they allow her to have her cat in the memory care unit with her to make her feel as much comfort as possible. The staff have been amazing and I am comfortable with the quality of care they provide her. The only complaint she has had is that she is not impressed with the food.

Sarah Shannon

Thanks for the kind review! We're so honored and pleased to have your mother (and her kitty!) with us at The Windsor at Ortega.

If she's able, we encourage your mother to attend our monthly Menu Chat meetings to share her suggestions about our dining program. You can also share any specific suggestions with the residence director. We appreciate the feedback!

The facility is only 3 years old. The staff is very friendly and seem very knowledgeable. The residents that I spoke with appeared very happy. The only down side is the monthly fee, double the amount of other facilities in the area for the same services, simply a newer building.

Sarah Shannon

Thanks for visiting The Windsor and taking the time to write a review! We're quite proud of our state-of-the-art building and are thrilled to hear you had a positive experience meeting our talented associates. We appreciate the feedback.

Warm, Friendly People

My mother's been at Windsor at Ortega for a little over 2 years, now. Overall she's very happy. The nursing, housekeeping and office staff are all friendly and personable and really care, individually about the residents. When Mom needs to be away at the hospital for a few days, staff at Ortega are genuinely concerned about what's going on with her, how she's doing and when she might be back. When I'm there, I've never passed a Windsor employee who didn't say hello and give me a truly genuine smile, and if my Mom's away, actually stop and ask how she's doing and what's going on with her recovery. Recently, my mother and I hear about a new assisted living facility about to open much closer to me than the Windsor. It was equal as far as policies, offerings, etc., in most ways otherwise, and very close in price, with the only real difference being a much closer distance from me. After considering a tour only very briefly we both agreed we just weren't interested. My mother is so happy where she is and has so many friends, activities and more or less "family" feeling connections at Windsor that we just aren't interested in moving her, or her in moving. Having said all that, the only fault we would find there at this time is that care staff is often short-handed and really should have more working on certain shifts, especially at night. Even with that somewhat of a problem at times, my mother is not interested in leaving the Windsor anytime soon.

Sarah Shannon

Thanks, Kathleen, for your kind review! We're glad to have your mother at The Windsor of Ortega and thrilled to hear you've had such a positive experience with our talented, hardworking associates. Their skill and genuine concern for residents is what sets The Windsor apart. We're honored that you and your mother have chosen The Windsor, and we appreciate the feedback.

A Terrific Home for Dad

My father moved into The Windsor at Ortega two years ago at the age of 90. The Windsor has been a tremendous blessing to him, and hence to all of his family. He is well cared for, with delicious meals prepared by three gourmet chefs, with daily exercise classes and varied, interesting activities, and with a staff that is loving and caring. Whatever he wants or needs, The Windsor knocks themselves out to provide. It feels like home, and the staff feels like family. I could not imagine a better place to live.

I would recommend this community!

Things were awful when my mom first moved into The Windsor at Ortega. We have since worked out the issues and things have improved. The food could be improved and they offer condiment packets which are difficult for the residents to open. They offer all kinds of activities but she is still getting acclimated so she has not yet participated in any. The staff are friendly and helpful.

Baye Winegar

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments about your experience at The Windsor of Ortega. We are honored to serve your mother and look forward to continuing to provide an enriching environment.

Very nice place

We're very pleased with how things have turned out at The Windsor at Ortega! The people here are caring, attentive, and very friendly! The facility itself is always very clean when I visit, and based on what I've tried and what I hear from Mom the food is also pretty good!

Baye Winegar

Thank you for taking the time to share about your experience at The Windsor of Ortega. The Windsor is committed to providing the highest quality of service in supporting the rights, dignity and independence of seniors. We are honored to have served your mother well and strive to continue to provide an enriching environment.

very helpful

The staff at The Windsor at Ortega has actually been very helpful. They have worked with us really well. It has been an all around good experience at this facility. I have no complaints.

Baye Winegar

Thank you for your review! Your comments about your experience at The Windsor of Ortega are truly appreciated.

Friendly, welcoming staff!

Our experience with The Windsor at Ortega has been a very good one! My loved one was initially very hesitant to move anywhere, but from the moment she got here the staff did everything they could to welcome her and make her feel at home, and they've really won her over! It's a nice looking place, the people are friendly, and they take great care of the residents!

Baye Winegar

Thank you for sharing about your experience at The Windsor of Ortega. The Windsor is committed to providing the highest quality of service in supporting the rights, dignity and independence of seniors. We are honored to serve your mother and look forward to continuing to provide an enriching environment.

Can't say enough good things!

I can't say enough about Windsor. All the staff there have genuinely wonderful and friendly attitudes, smile when we've asked for anything and in more instances than not, fulfill our request right on the spot, even when we wouldn't have minded waiting a bit.
The atmosphere all over the building, hallways and common areas is VERY comfortable, warm and homey feeling with beautiful carpeting and antique furniture pieces in the hallways and lots of warm colors and little niches with puzzles tables (with partially-done puzzles on them!), a beautiful, cozy but good-sized library and porches and courtyards outside with rocking chairs to enjoy being outside.
In-between meals a sandwich or cup of coffee and a snack are available in the bistro and regular meals are served three times a day in the dining room.
The apartments are clean and very attractive and the nursing and care staff VERY attentive and thorough, and check on her frequently, but not so much as to be intrusive of her peace and privacy.
Last but definitely not least there are all kinds of activities to choose from every day, several times a day. My active and social mother is very happy there and has made friends there in a short time, since moving in.
I honestly could not be more impressed with the Windsor or pleased with our choice for my mother.

Baye Winegar

Thank you for sharing your thoughts about the service and atmosphere you've experienced at The Windsor of Ortega. The Windsor is committed to providing the highest quality of service in supporting the rights, dignity and independence of seniors. We are honored to have provided excellent service to your family and look forward to continuing to provide an enriching environment.

I really liked the Windsor when I toured here.

I really liked the Windsor when I toured here. I liked all the activities they offered. They had a theater and pottery classes, and so many things to do. It ended up being just a little too far away to be practical for us, though. It was a really nice place.

super friendly

It was a family decision to put my parents in The Windsor at Ortega. There was a lot of back and forth discussion among the family members, and we decided on The Windsor at Ortega. Everybody there is super friendly. My dad was very resistant to the idea, but the people at The Windsor at Ortega have bent over backwards to help my dad adjust. He's a 92 year old ex military man who is pretty set in his ways, nevertheless he is adjusting well. Everybody there is very helpful and they are doing very well.

Baye Winegar

Thank you for sharing about your experience at The Windsor of Ortega. The Windsor is committed to providing the highest quality of service in supporting the rights, dignity and independence of seniors. Your feedback is truly appreciated.

It's great, I am very happy with it.

It's great, I am very happy with it. The staff has been friendly, and the community is kept very clean. The food has been great, and the variety is fantastic. There are more activities to choose from than residents to do them, there is plenty to do. I liked that it was new, and that we could bring our own furniture in, and it's bright, very bright.

Baye Winegar

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments about your experience at The Windsor of Ortega. The Windsor is committed to providing the highest quality of service in supporting the rights, dignity and independence of seniors. We are honored to have served you well and look forward to continuing to provide an enriching environment.

Peace of Mind

Beginning our search at first we went online and it was overwhelming, trying to pinpoint cost, location, services, pet friendly, etc., etc. Then I went to a Place for Mom, helpful caring people who could narrow down our search to reasonable parameters. A friendly caring clean facility with adequate size apartments, activities that fit our Mom. A place with a family feeling for this would be Mom's surrogate family. Dining that was adaptable to personal tastes such as no gravies or sauces, a definite must a great BLT. The Windsor fit the bill to a tee, warm caring staff, encouraging participation in social activities, which my Mom had always loved, but with aging and no longer driving she had had to give up she was isolated! She no longer was out and about. Now however she is happily joining in and we no longer have to worry if she does not answer the phone. No more telephone tag with relatives 600 miles away to get someone to check to make sure she did not fall and could not get to the phone. Now when I call and there is no answer there is a smile on my face not worry lines. Mom is out and about and to busy for my daily morning call. This is truly a blessing. Thanks to you all for giving myself and my family peace of mind.

Baye Winegar

Thank you for sharing your experience at The Windsor of Ortega. The Windsor is committed to quality care and supporting the dignity, rights and independence of all seniors. We are honored by your trust in allowing your mother to be a part of The Windsor family!

with a grateful heart

This facility has lived up to its advertising. The staff is warm friendly and caring. This starts at the front desk to the housekeeping staff. We have only been there a week now but so far we are thrilled. Mom seems happy, reticent to join in, but the staff and I mean all the staff continues to urge her to participate. Mom says that she is enjoying the "fine" dining experience, my Mom's words. The staff also takes care of the family! With grace they offer support and assistance to family members during this stressful adjustment to our Mom's placement in assisted living, being attuned to our needs as well as Mom's.
They are aware how hard it is to see your parent no longer capable of taking care of themselves without help that we can not give, as we the children want our parents to forever be capable and in control of their daily living, we the adult children feel bereft seeing our parents suffer from dementia and Alzheimer's disease, My Mom is in good hands and so is the family. Living 600 plus miles away, it is with a grateful heart that I have Mom with such a caring surrogate family.

Baye Winegar

Thank you for sharing your experience with The Windsor of Ortega. The Windsor is committed to supporting the dignity, rights and independence of all seniors and their families. The Windsor's Memory Care neighborhood is dedicated to providing compassionate care combined with the latest therapy and parallel programming for seniors diagnosed with Alzheimer's and other dementias. We are honored by your trust in allowing us to serve and care for your mother.

Friendly, welcoming, caring...

Friendly, welcoming, caring The apartments are small. Have plans for lots of activities to ensure that residents maintain their mental acuity. Crafts, cards and board games, day trips, barbeques, Alhambra, their own movie theater. Safe enclosed grounds. Computers for residents who do not have their own or family members who need to have access while there. Halls wide for safety. Baths wheel chair accessible. Menu varied and residents can request personal preferences ie no gravies. Pet friendly dog walking available. We like this facility and most likely this is where Mom will be moving to.

Baye Winegar

Thank your for your interest in The Windsor of Ortega and in sharing your comments about your experience. The Windsor is committed to quality care and supporting the dignity, rights and independence of all seniors.

The Windsor at Ortega is an assisted living community located in Jacksonville, Florida. We are committed to providing residents with the care and support they need, including memory care. Jacksonville is a vibrant city with much to offer to both residents and guests including great opportunities to hike, go bird watching, or spend time at the zoo.

At The Windsor at Ortega, we honor each resident's independence, personal choices and dignity. Visit us for a tour, and you'll see how our combination of an inviting residential setting along with caring, helpful staff is the right choice for your housing or service needs.

Every design feature of The Windsor is based on our philosophy of service and our dedication to creating quality environments and service delivery systems for the residents we serve. The strength of our design arises from our long careful study of the ideal environment for helping seniors maximize their independence and their enjoyment of individually chosen lifestyles.

Exterior
You’ll feel at home in this beautifully landscaped residential setting.
• Elegant, classical architecture
• Porte Cochère – providing weatherfree access to front entrance
• Landscaped enclosed courtyard
• Covered outdoor living spaces

Apartments
Designed with the comforts of home and engineered with the functionality to support independence.
• Eight distinctive apartment styles
• Kitchenette with microwave, refrigerator, sink, and cabinetry
• Wall-to-wall carpeting except bathrooms
• Large bathroom with curbless shower
• Emergency call system with speaker response
• Telephone and television connections
• Individually controlled heating and air conditioning

Interior
Generous gathering areas inspire an enriching lifestyle full of friends and new experiences.
• Personal Care Suite providing health and wellness evaluations and services
• Harmony Day Spa featuring a therapeutic whirlpool spa, full service salon and massage therapy
• Elegant dining in the Palma Sola
• Bistro for casual dining and snacks
• Enclosed courtyard/screened lanai