Brookdale Southpoint - Jacksonville, FL

Brookdale Southpoint - Jacksonville, FL has yet not published prices.

Working Out Okay

My father in law seems to be very content now that he is living here. He has settled in very well. He seems to be happy just staying in the community grounds and doing things there. The staff is extremely nice and friendly. He enjoys the food from what I understand. We would recommend this community

Pleased with the care

We are pleased that our loved one is settling in at Brookdale Southpoint. The atmosphere is warm and inviting, and although it is not a brand new community it is very clean and well-kept. The staff is friendly and caring and attentive to her care needs. We have not dined there but the food looks appetizing and smells good. There are activities that the staff encourages the residents to engage in. They do have an outdoor area in the memory care unit for the residents to get out and enjoy the fresh air.

Under Staffed

I do feel my sister is safe here in this community, but I'am concerned about the care she is receiving. I do feel they are under staffed. There is only one aid at night, and there are 50 residents. They have messed up her medications. There are major improvement this community needs to make.

Beautiful and clean well lit individual rooms. No kitchenette. Limited and small common areas for activities or socialization, staff friendly and welcoming, majority of residents out and about on the tour were wheelchair bound.

Layout Didn't Work for Us, but Nice Tour Overall

This is a nice community, and my tour of it went pretty well. The community looked nice, and well-kept from what I saw. The staff I met was kind, and courteous. My concern was the layout of the community. I didn't think it would work for my brother, and what he wanted. My tour went well, but this was not the community for us.

Great Tour!

I thought this place was a great experience with lots of great amenities available to all of the residents. The staff where very friendly and made sure to make my my mother and I feel very welcomed into there facility. I just did not think this was the right fit for her with all things in mind at the end of the day. Overall great experience and I am pleased.

Care for mom

I toured this community and did not like that they did have an odor in the community. The value is very good. I liked the staff that was friendly and answered my questions. The activities seemed to be good. I liked the rooms. I suggested that families see this community for themselves and to see if this is what they are needing.

Difficult transition but a good community

My mother is having a difficult time adjusting. From what I've seen when I visit they are providing quality care. My mother does not like the food. A friend of mine tried the food and said it was very cold. The problem is my mother is in the memory care and the food is cold by the time it gets to her from the dining room. We chose this community because it was close to me and my mother was able to bring her dog with her. I also want to thank A Place For Mom for helping me find this community in our time of need. It was very helpful.

We love it!

I really did like this community. They always go over the top and the people are very nice and accommodating. The community is nice and clean and the residents were out and enjoying themselves.

Looking For The Right Fit

This community was much closer to me when I went to tour it. The staff were nice and the residents were socializing. On my tour, I noticed that they do not have handicap showers available. It was not a good fit for us.

Mom is very happy here

My mom just moved in there and is very happy. I would recommend to anyone to check this community out.

More medicaid beds. Nice facility and affordable. Small space for walking.

Southpoint is as advertised

Brookdale Southpoint has recently undergone renovations and has a fresh look with fresh paint, new flooring and new furnishings in all the public areas. The staff is very personable and friendly. My grandfather's main two concerns were the activities and food, and he was not disappointed in either.

Review of Brookdale Southpoint - Jacksonville, FL

Depressing. Staff appears to be over worked.

Staff could have better communication

I think that the staff could have better communication. It is not bad, but is has not been top notch. I told them some things when we first got settled in and then a couple of weeks later they called me and asked me the same questions. So far it has been a pretty good experience.

So far they are doing a pretty good job.

So far they are doing a pretty good job. I would rate them very highly so far. I have noticed a little bit of an odor in the common areas. The staff is friendly, and the value is good. They are attentive and responsive, and have plenty of activities, the food is good, I would rate the food a five too.

Good Facility

Overall is was a good facility to have my loved at. The staff are nice and considerate. The residents are also friendly. Have a few activities here and their. Facility is also clean and well maintained.

Would NOT recommend

We had a terrible experience with Brookdale Southpoint, I would not recommend it to anybody. My loved one went in fully functional and by the time we pulled him out he had degraded severely to the point he was bedridden.

Friendly, helpful staff

I think they do an excellent job overall at Brookdale Southpoint. It's a nice looking, clean facility, and they do a great job looking after the people that live here. I think my favorite thing about the place is that the staff just seems happy to work here, which I know translates into great care for the residents.

Very friendly staff!

Everything has gone very well so far at Emeritus at Southpoint! It is a very nice looking, clean facility, and the staff have all been very friendly. They have been great about staying in touch with us throughout the whole process, and even came out to visit our loved one while we were waiting for a room to open up. They have a lot to offer their residents in terms of care and amenities, and the food always looks good when I visit!

Was put off, though warned ...

Was put off, though warned that there 'might be' odor in Memory Care Unit (urine) and very disappointed to see several residents grouped around a seemingly mindless television program. Toured 7/31

Happy!

I’m happy with everyone there. They’re very easy to work with. The best feature though is the friendly staff! They’re a comparable value to other communities. They’re a clean community. The activities are okay.

Hard-sell tactics although ...

Hard-sell tactics although we clearly stated that we were not interested in putting down a deposit 'today.' Prevalent mold/mildew type smell throughout facility. Every single employee stopped what they were doing and greeted us during our tour...unfortunately, the body language/tone almost seemed forced from most?

I was not thrilled about it.

I was not thrilled about it. I just don't feel like the communication was there. At one point he went through withdrawl because they didn't keep up on his medication, and refill it when he needed. He was kept clean but I don't think that they do enough activities to keep them stimulated. When I noticed something and would have the nurse check on him and she said he was fine, only to find the next day that was not the case, he was not fine at all. I feel that his room was not kept clean. Some of the caregivers were pretty nice. The head nurse doesn't get back to you when you call, the upper management seems to be where the problems are. They told us they took them out on rides and things and that never happened. None of the things they said would happen ever did, keys for the mailbox, or pictures outside the door, those kinds of things.

I've been very pleased with service I've received.

I've been very pleased with service I've received. She was there for day stay for about six hours a day five days a week. I was always there in the mornings and everything was in order and housekeeping was present tidying up. The staff was really great they were pleasant, they personable, they learned her name right off the bat, and they welcomed her every morning with smiling faces, and they were very professional too, I was really pleased with them. The care was minimal, they provided her with breakfast lunch and snacks and did administer medicine and they would go out of her way to make sure she stayed away from the sugar and high carbs, since she was diabetic, she had some problem taking her meds so they would crush up her pills to give to her. They were great about keeping me informed if she was having a bad day or if something came up. They even had a resting room so if she got tired and wanted to take a nap, specifically for the day program people. They tried to be prepared for as many situation that they could think of ahead of time. They did have a schedule and a calendar so I knew exactly what they were doing and what the plans were. They would do something different every day but they did the same things weekly. She said that the food was pretty good, and she ate with no problem. My only thing is that, the earliest I got there was around 7:45 8:00. and as far as the admin staff there wasn't someone always available, the nursing and dining staff were there, but the officials and admin staff you didn't see them around that time of morning, occaisonally there would be one person but most of the time they weren't in yet so if there were any issues I wanted to discuss about my mom prior to dropping her off, there was nobody there to speak with. Having someone administrative available a little earlier would have been nice. Mary Ann Bradley at A Place For Mom, gave me a list of three places and Emeritus at Southpoint had the best facility that we went out and looked at, it was convenient, and it was on my way to work so if there was an emergency I could get there easily, and the interior was well kept and clean and the staff was nice and the price was reasonable, everything I needed they had. She made friends and her nurses and the staff thought that she was a very warm person, they would treat her like they would care for their own mothers, they were very gentle and understanding, and really worked with her as far as her needs were concerned. She never once came home with a bad thing to say about Emeritus, not once did she ever complain, and we may be using the day service again in the future. Without A Place for Moms help I don't know what I would have done, they responded quickly and gave me some great resources.

Tiered Pricing

The only drawback was that the price with how they prorate it - gold silver and bronze type deal. If you want to pay a larger amount up front, it was a little less a month. If your loved one passed away within a short period of time, that was not refundable. I went there for a place for my mother-in-law, and it looked like a nice place and they seemed to be very nice there from the one time that I visited.

Our peaceful setting, restaurant style dining experience, activities and beautiful setting combine to create a wonderful living environment every day. Our genuine caring staff, home style meals, daily activities add to our residents' experience. They will tell you they appreciate all the options while living at a Brookdale Senior Living community.

Our Family is Committed to Yours.

Amenities and Services
• Daily assistance with bathing and dressing
• Medication management
• Dining assistance and special diets
• Assistance with reminders and redirection
• Escorts and assistance with walking
• Emergency response call system