Sunrise at Cherry Creek - Denver, CO

Sunrise at Cherry Creek sits in the heart of the Cherry Creek neighborhood. We pride ourselves in our Reminiscence neighborhood for the memory impaired and our assisted living programs.

Step into a Sunrise Assisted Living community and you can’t help but feel at home. We stop at nothing to make your experience warm and inviting, from our homelike exterior architecture, to our comfortable community areas and choice of suites to our exceptional outdoor gardens and landscaping. Look around and you’ll notice fresh flowers throughout the residence, and you may even spot our dog or our cat. And of course, there are always the friendly smiling faces of our staff to ensure that each day spent here is a welcome one.

Safe environment!!

My mom recently made the move into this community and so far I have been pleased with the services they have provided my mother. She feels comfortable and safe in her new living environment and that to me is the most important thing. They offer a great activity program and serve nutritious meals to the residents throughout the week. I would recommend this place to anyone.

Didn't match his needs...

The Sunrise at Cherry Creek was a very nice place. The community was clean and the staff was all very friendly and knowledgeable. The problem for us was that it did not match my father's needs. It was independent living. Other than that, the place was very nice.

What a wonderful community!

Our parents are just getting settled in and have recently moved from another assisted living community. There is a world of difference at Sunrise! It feels like a home. We have been very happy with all of the staff. They are so caring and follow-up on everything they have promised at this point and extra. All the residents are so welcoming as well. We are so happy to have our parents in such a great community. All the caregivers seem genuinely interested in the well being of our parents. It feels good to know they are being cared for so well. They communicate with us frequently and also with each other. It is so nice to be able to trust that our concerns are followed up on. We feel very fortunate to have our parents at Sunrise.

Sunrise at Cherry Creek is a nice community!!!

My loved one is adjusting to living at this community. They staff are very responsive to her call button. She is not really happy with the transportation options. The community is clean and well taken care of. She does not yet participate in any of the activities offered. This community is recommended by us.

Very Active Community

My tour of this facility went very well. I really liked this facility and everything they had to offer. It is a very nice facility with kind people. It is a very active community. The staff was friendly and informative. They answered all my questions. It was a very pleasant experience.

Good healthcare service, adminstrative lacking

It looks like the care and activities provided are very good. So far no complaints about the actual care given. My concerns are with the administrative side of the business. I have found that the sales people and management have not been very forthright and straight on some of the information provided. A lot of the details of what was discussed in touring the facility and subsequent meetings have popped up as surprises later on. The communication between administrative staff people has been poor to this point. One staff member has not told another staff member about issues, even though they said they were going to.

No complaints

My Aunt moved into Sunrise after havign an accident that caused her to need more care. Sunrise has been wonderful! They are very individualized in their care plans and the staff is very friendly.

I think they did a great job while my mother was there.

I really liked it, and I loved my contact person here.

This is one of the places I toured as I was looking for options. I really liked it, and I loved my contact person here. It wasn't in a great location for us, so it didn't end up being our pick. I did really think it was nice though.

It wasn't a great start, but worked out okay.

We were only here for a short respite stay. The first night there was a problem where he fell getting in and out of the bed. The beds were very tall, like hospital bed height, we had to take the box spring out so he could get in and out of it, and it was fine after that. But it wasn't a good start. outside of that they were good. The main thing that was disappointing, and it wasn't really explained to us that well, that there isn't a nurse on site. They say they have 24/7 nursing care available, but it's not on site, it's over the phone.

Sunrise Senior Living

Thank you for your review. We would like to learn more about your experience with Sunrise. Please email us at [removed]. Thank you, Sunrise Team.

Review of Sunrise at Cherry Creek

I would give our daily Nurses, Staff, and Aids 10 stars if possible. They are great!

But, I can't because there is a big communication break down in the office.

The Staff in the office is very friendly, but better communication practices would make my stay and overall experience much more pleasant and less frustrating.

We really like the caregivers- they are very kind. I think they could improve on the communication between their staff, specifically the nursing staff. Doctor's orders weren't adhered to and no one seems to know what is going on. In that case, we, the family need to intervene so it is difficult to feel like you are getting what you pay for when you are doing one of the services.

Seemed like a nice place

We toured this community when we were looking into care options for a loved one. This looked like a very nice place, and is definitely somewhere we would have considered. It was clean and well kept, and the staff we met were all very friendly.

My experience with Sunrise at Cherry ...

My experience with Sunrise at Cherry Creek was great! My mom was there for respite care for one month. The staff there is wonderful; very attentive. Everything I asked of them, they followed through on. They treat every resident very good. The facility is gorgeous, always sparkling clean. If I could've, I would've moved in.

One Month Respices Care

My husband enjoyed the people and activities offered.

I liked the integration of ...

I liked the integration of assisted living residents with memory care residents. I loved the location!

Nice looking place

We toured this community when we were looking into care options for our loved one. Everything I saw here during our tour looked excellent, and they certainly would have been an acceptable choice for our loved one. We ended up going with another option due to a family member having a stronger preference towards another community we toured.

Highly Recommended!

There was a bit of a cluster when my loved one checked in, but the management was superb and immediately resolved any issues. They took it from the head caregiver all the way up to the big boss, and it was all fixed. The location was great, but the interior is beautiful! The hallways look like a little town, and they're set up that way. The units have little windows in the front where you can put a collage of pictures and artifacts that really personalize their space. We were only there for a short while, but they were superb! I loved it when she was there and I would highly recommend them!

Very Welcoming!

I had to find a spot out in CO for my dad who had fallen within two weeks--since he was being released out of rehab back east that soon! I visited these facilities and they were all very welcoming to me and more then helpful to get the ball rolling-I eventually picked the Sunrise most convenient to my residence and so far he is enjoying himself and being very well taken care of!
thanks!

Great Assisted Living, Bad Memory Care

My parents were both in assisted living at first. My dad ultimately had to go into memory care, but first they they made me hire someone for 12 hours a day at $22 an hour, and they were still charging the me full amount for his care. Overall, for my mom it was great, but for my dad was awful.
He ended up sitting in the "principals" office a lot of the time. They would call me most days while I was at work and ask me to come and deal with his behavior. Their memory care was very small and there just wasn't a place for him. He is also very hard of hearing, and a lot of the staff spoke English as a second language, so there was a large communication barrier that I think caused a lot of the problems.

Sunrise Senior Living

We're very sorry to hear about your experience with our community. Quality care is our top priority, and we'd like to learn more from you -- please email us directly at [removed]. --The Sunrise Team

A very pleasant place. Its...

A very pleasant place. Its philosophy of wanting residents to feel as if the whole place is their home makes it feel like there are too many people around all the time. It made me appreciate my solitary lifestyle.

A little dated

It felt dated. The people were lovely but it was not as clean. I'm a little weird about cleanliness. I was raised a certian way so I know how my parents would see it, but this was our second choice. It seemed like the people there really enjoyed being there. They were genuinely happy. It's just that the overall presentation is huge.

We moved mom out

They have a complete list of activites there. I'm not sure what they are. My mom is no longer at Sunrise at Cherry Creek. She got a UTI there, which is not acceptable.

Sunrise Senior Living

We’re very sorry to hear that your mom had this experience. We care deeply about the safety and well-being of our residents. Please contact us at [removed] so that we can learn more. –The Sunrise Team

That's where we chose for my mother, ...

That's where we chose for my mother, and we're extremely pleased. The professionalism of the staff, from the sales staff to the caregiver assigned to my mother is excellent. They're very friendly, very accommodating. If we wanted to improve mother's room, they were available to help hang pictures or to help us in any way. The caregiver assigned to my mother made a point of telling us that she would be available at any time, for any reason, and the care programs at the other communities we looked at seemed a little sketchy in that regard.

My dad has stayed in respite care her...

My dad has stayed in respite care here for the last three weeks. They have been great.

We liked this place because it was ve...

We liked this place because it was very light and seemed to have lots of residents in community areas to mingle with.

I enjoyed this facility. It was warm ...

I enjoyed this facility. It was warm and inviting.