Sunridge - Colorado Springs, CO

All around good facility

I ended up picking this facility for my loved one because of the affordability and also because of the staff members. I really love the staff and they were very helpful in getting him into the facility. It’s overall a good place and it’s well-kept. The facility is always very clean and it never has that bad odor you come to expect. I’ve had a chance to eat here with my loved one and the food is good as well. I would recommend this facility to other families.

Caring, Helpful Staff

The people that run Sunridge are really caring, and the staff is helpful as well. My loved one really likes the food, and she's been able to enjoy some of the activities already like the exercise classes, bible studies, and crafts. The place is clean, and my loved one's room has a bathtub, which was a big deal for her. So far our experience has been great.

Affordable, Active Living

We have moved my mother into Sunridge, and she has lived there for about a month so far. We had another community in mind, but we were put on the waitlist. Despite our desire to have her in another community, we have all found Sunridge to be a fantastic alternative. The community as a whole could be kept up more, and I find it could be cleaner. However, the food is very good, the staff has been so friendly, helpful, and accommodating to my mother and the rest of the family, and the place is affordable. In addition, even though my mother has only been there for a month and hasn’t had much chance to take part in activities yet, there is so much going on that she can take part in. The community has sewing classes, Bingo, grocery trips twice a week, games, barbeques, and a full calendar of many more activities. We would definitely recommend Sunridge to others

Mom's Choice

The community is wonderful in itself but my mom is still trying to settle in. They have activities and a garden to walk around. The staff are supportive and there for her.
I had chance to eat with her and the meal was great. She picked this community to live in.

Friendly Staff!!

I have recently made the move into this community and I have to say that I am pleased with how things are going for myself. The thing I am most impressed with is how friendly the staff has been to me and attentive to my needs. I have no complaints about the meals and enjoy participating in the activities from time to time with the other residents. I am overall happy and would recommend it to anyone.

Friendly Environment!!

I have no complaints about the tour I had of this community. All of the staff where friendly and helpful to my loved one and I during our tour and made sure to give us lots of great information as well as answer any questions we had for them. The building was nicely maintained and had a lot of great amenities available to all of the residents. I just found a better location for her in the end decision.

Great community!

I think a five is too low, they were tremendous. They had lots of actvities and the pool was great! The staff was really nice and the food was wonderful.

Friendly people!!

Another one of the tours that I had was at Sunridge. This place was very nice and the tour guide that took me around was nice and informative. It was a good experience to tour and there was nothing wrong with this facility, we just found another one that fit out needs a little better.

A place for great care

The staff were nice and caring and were able to assist me with all the questions I had about the care that is given here. The community I liked due to being clean on the inside and out. The menu was appealing and the activities would have been helpful to her care. I would recommend this community for the care and families might want to consider this community for a loved one.

Tour for care

We toured this community for my mother's care. The staff was very nice and friendly and able to answer the questions we had on the care of this community.y The community was clean and they offered a lot of activities for residents. We were looking for something where my mom could have a place called her own. This community is more than what we could afford. We would recommend families to tour this community for the care of a loved one.

Felt pressured!

The Sunridge was a very nice community but it was not what we were looking for. When we toured we felt pressured to pay ahead to keep the same rate. They pressured me to do so before even knowing my father's age. It sounds like a great deal for someone else but for my father it was not.

The staff are supportive.

The activities at this community are great. They offer new activities daily and they are good at explaining them. The caregivers go above and beyond and many of them have been at this community for years. The food has been great and they offer good portions. The community is clean and well taken care of. The cost is reasonable and the amenities that are included are incredible. I would recommend this community.

Positive Atmosphere!!

I'd say this is a pretty good place. It is organized and I had good interaction with the administration. [Removed] the one who runs the place is very good. It is a positive place and I would highly recommend to anyone who has minor issues. My father needs a higher level of care which is why I can;t rate them a 5, but they have a good attitude about it and try to help as much as possible.

-Mom has to do laundry.
-Independent living with a twist
-Hefty one time community fee 3.5k
-Nice apt
-Price lock is 4k. Wow!

Smaller bedroom units!!

This was one of the tours that I was not that impressed with. All of the different units my wife and I had looked at where extremely small with little to no extra space at all. Another disappointing factor was how expensive this place was. I did not think for the money they where asking it was worth it.

They offer movie nights and games!

The family is able to dine with the resident for free for the first thirty days and I think the food is good. The staff are super friendly and they encourage the residents to participate in the numerous activities offered. They keep the community clean. The rooms are nice and the community is larger than it seems from the outside. They do only have one elevator in the building. This is one of the most reasonably priced communities in the area.

Excellent Community, My Tour Went Well

I was very impressed with my tour of this community. Everything went well. This is a nice community, from what I saw everything looked nice and clean. The staff was wonderful. They were friendly and kind. They were informative and answered my questions. It was a nice experience, but my mother needed more care than they were able to provide.

Very happy residents

My mom lives here and loves everything except the food. The food is bland. The staff and residents are friendly and helpful.

She Enjoys The Community

This retirement community has additional services that I can get for my mom if needed. They take care of all her meals, which was most important to me. She also really likes the meals. They have a country store and she has been working there. She enjoys having the responsibility, she says it keeps her challenged. My interaction has been very good with them. My mom got sick once and they noticed the store was not open and they immediately checked on her to make sure she was okay. It gives you a good piece of mind that they are noticing when she is not around.

Intimidating Staff!!

I was not comfortable during my tour of this community, I felt like it was more of sales pitch more than useful information of the community. I was very intimidated with the staff and did not like the feeling they gave my loved one and I.

Friendly Staff!!

The staff have done an amazing job at helping my love one adjust and become comfortable in his new living environment. The dinning room is spacious and my dad seems to be enjoying the meals they serve throughout the day. They have a great activity program and the company of the residents is lovely.

Too Many Turn Overs and Uncomfortable

it is very disconcerting for us because this community has been going through a lot of turn overs with the manager, the chef, and activities director. Hopefully they get past the transition and improve. Otherwise, I think everything is going okay. The location is in a good area. The food has suffered since the changes. I like the help and availability from A Place For Mom when we needed a community.

Minors Concern, But Overall Satisfied

Overall I'am satisfied with my father's move to this community, but there are minor concerns I have. He is doing pretty well. They do a good job with keeping the community well-kept, but I do have to ask the staff to change his sheets. There are many activities offered for the residents. He is pleased with the food, the meals are nice. I know he is safe and in good hands. This is a community I would recommend.

I really Like It Here

I really like it here, everything is going very well. It is truly a wonderful community, they do a very good job with keeping everything nice and clean. They have a wonderful staff here. There are nice activities offered. I'am very pleased with the food, the meals are amazing. Everything is working out very well and I would recommend this community.

It's a good place! The food is very good.

An elegant community!!!

We would recommend this community. Mom is pretty happy since making the move to independent living at Sunridge. The staff are very pleasant and are great at checking in on her. The meals are pretty good and they have a good variety to choose from. She goes to the beauty salon there once a week and they offer transportation as well.

Very Impressed With My Tour

I was very impressed with my tour at this community. Everything was very nice and clean.The staff was very welcoming and friendly. They showed my the community and it is very wonderful looking. My only issue was the price, it was a bit expensive for myself. It is a nice facility, I would recommend for anyone to go take a look.

Best decision mom has made was to call this her home. She is so happy here.

From the minute we walked in, it felt like home! Everyone was so kind and helpful. Mom is part of a family there, she is 93yrs old, and they really watch out for her well being. Every staff member goes the extra mile to please mom. It is so nice for my husband and me to have peace of mind. Thank you so much.

Review of Sunridge - Colorado Springs, CO

Nice place great people a little old and in need of updates

beautiful facility

The place is beautiful. It is super clean. They provide tons of care and the activities are great. The grounds are well kept and the place is just beautiful.

Could Clean Rooms Better

One improvement could be that they clean out the residents room better. I think they need to take more time in doing that, like they are suppose too. I think that their food is really good. The location is nice as well.

Happy With The Facility

They were very helpful with the whole move-in process. They also responded positively whenever any issues arose. We've been happy with the way they fulfill their responsibilities. It's an independent living facility. They do a good job of keeping my relative’s place clean and delivering meals to his place if he is unable to go down to the dining room.

Very nice facility

We moved our mom into Sunridge last month and have found the staff to be wonderful in the support they offer the residents. I have found the residents to be friendly and there is a lot of interaction between them. The studio apt my mom now lives in is clean and comfortable. She seems to be settling in nicely.

Relieved

I am so happy with mom here,I made the best choice for a place that feels like home, the meals are very good and mom looks forward to going to the dining room.Thank you to everyone at Sunridge

extremely accomidating and encouraging and compassionate

Unfortunately mom has had to be in the hospital and in a rehab nursing facility most of the time since going into Sunridge. That being the case she has not gotten to take advantage of and experience everything that they have to offer.

I will say though that they have been extremely accomidating and encouraging and compassionate, and they have a network set up to help people out with any situation they might find themselves in.

They are doing a good job so far.

They are doing a good job so far. The staff is pretty friendly and they keep things pretty clean. They are attentive, and responsive, and they have a great selection of activities. We just had a good feeling about this one and that is why we chose them.

Independent living

They didn’t have graduated care. They seemed really nice and I liked them, but I didn’t want to have to move my loved one if she needed to graduate to assisted living. I let them know this, but they were nice.

A great place for our loved one

Sunridge is a great retirement community; friendly and helpful staff and residents, good food, well-maintained facility.

The staff seems to be friendly.

The staff seems to be friendly. My loved one likes the activities. The food is okay. We picked the community because of the location, which was convenient for us. It is a very clean community. So far we are happy with it.

I really like the activities that are offered

I really like the activities that are offered. They offer going to Cripple Creek and shopping. The staff is friendly. It’s clean here. I don’t use any care services, so I can’t really comment on that at all. I’m happy with what I get for the costs.

Bit of a smell

It was nice, but here was the big thing with my mom, she did not want it to smell like an old folks home. That was the big thing, if I walked in and smelled a weird smell I knew she wasn't going to like it and a lot of these places, not too be snooty, but a lot of these places that have a lot of people kind of have that smell.

Nice and Clean

My father signed a long-term contract with Sunridge. We visited briefly and it looked nice and was within his budget. He can live independently there and it looked clean. I had a good sense about the people. I thought he staff were very nice and very sincere. It looked like a family affair. We met with someone who said they can bring in care services like home health. I think they have a nursing aid there as well. I am glad my father will be close so that we can visit him easily and that he will be able to be in independent living.

The facility was very clean and the p...

The facility was very clean and the people were very polite. The tour was nice, but the bedrooms were very small. We were invited to stay for lunch which the food was very good. We enjoyed the food and the atmosphere.

Small studio apts $1700-2100. 3 meals...

Small studio apts $1700-2100. 3 meals activities, bus transportation. Willing to work with budget if possible.

Only a partial kitchen; large central...

Only a partial kitchen; large central kitchen provided; transportation for shopping,etc.; 3 meals provided each day; will help contact Veterans Admin for funding; can proceed to assisted living if needed; provide church service and travel opportunities--i.e. similar housing for mom in FL or AZ

Decent size apartments, close by, ind...

Decent size apartments, close by, independent living only - not assisted living

Director was very kind and knowledgea...

Director was very kind and knowledgeable. She had her pulse on the facility and the residents all interacted with her. We felt the warmth of family there.

This is the place we visited with mot...

This is the place we visited with mother several years ago. She does like it. Can she afford it?

Situated in the foothills of the Rocky Mountains in northeastern Colorado Springs, Sunridge is a waking dream. We’re conveniently close to shopping, excellent healthcare and fine dining.

Our all-inclusive month-to-month rent covers:
- Three delicious and nutritious chef-prepared meals from scratch
- A variety of enriching activities
- Weekly housekeeping and linen service
- Transportation
- Most utilities

Friends in 300 places

Built with your comfort and safety in mind