Summit Glen - Colorado Springs, CO

Assisted living is not offered here

I have a friend that lives here and it seems to be a nice place. Transportation has been a bit of a problem, but she’s adjusting. Her room was redone before she moved in and it looks very nice. There was one curt staff member I dealt with but, overall, most of them have been very accommodating. The food is good, it appears to be nutritious, and there are a few different options available. The only complaint she has is that it takes a long time to eat because the service is slow. The building is kept very clean, there aren’t any foul odors, and I think housekeeping comes by her room once a week to clean. There are a few activities available (during the holidays they had plenty of entertainment) and the residents can sign up for planned group outings. There are no washing machines in the units and she doesn’t have a full kitchen, but the price seems to be reasonable. This place is good for those that are independent because assisted living is not offered.

Fantastic, but Waitlisted

We toured Summit Glen when we were looking at living options for my mother. We really liked Summit the best, but they had a waitlist going, so we were not able to get in immediately and we ultimately moved her in elsewhere. Summit Glen is so inviting when you walk into the community, and the staff is excellent. The owners live in the community, so it’s comforting to know that there is always someone to assist the residents at all hours of the day and night. The community is so clean and well-kept inside and out, and they work hard to maintain its new appearance. There are also so many activities for the residents to take part in. I know it would have been an excellent option for my mother had it not been for the waitlist.

Stay away!

Not a good place...the food is nasty and the lead management husband/wife couple are fake, words out in the community that they got fired from their last job for doing some pretty bad things. I would never ever leave my parent in their care. Like high school, they pick on the weak

Outstanding Retirement Facility

Outstanding Facility.

Summit Glen gets my recommendation!!

The staff are very friendly and do a good job. The food is good and they offer a nice selection to choose from. They have a lot of daily activities available. The community is very clean.

We Are Pleased

So far everything is working out pretty well. They are caring for my uncle very well. I really enjoy the activities they offer, there are many for him to choose from. The staff is great, they have been very helpful and kind. The food is great, he loves the food. Overall we are pleased with everything they have done for us.

We visited on 11/26/12. Good food, of course with a prize winning chef like they have!!! Prices for something she would not feel cluster phobic in start about $2500 (one is available right now). Chef John Hammond came to the table to meet and romance Mom.

I called 6/16/16. They are not an Assisted Living facility but have several contractors who come in for care. Prices start: $2000 for studio, $2400 - $3400 for one bedroom.

Meeting New People

My grandmother is really enjoying this community. She is meeting a lot of new people and getting involved in the community. This is a very well-kept community, they also keep my grandma's room very nice and clean. The staff is good, they have been great to work with. There are activities offered daily. The food is good, we go and eat with her every Sunday and the meals are nice. I'am confident about the care she is receiving and I would recommend it.

Everything Is Great

My father really loves it here and I am pleased with everything they have done for us. He is doing very well, and they are caring for him great. The community looks amazing and very clean. The staff is great, they are very helpful and kind. They offer nice activities and good food. Overall we are pleased and my father is happy.

Horrible Management

New Management is amongst some of the rudest and most unprofessional I have ever come across. I feel the place is nice but with the crew running I would go somewhere else.

I really liked the "Glen" Everyone of the staff were bright and cheerful. Some members had been there for 5 years. And they were straight forward when asked questions. Very clean.

very friendly and helpful

We have had a very positive experience with Summit Glen and would highly recommend them. They have been very friendly and helpful. Any time we have had any questions or needed any assistance with anything they have been there for us to answer and help out in any way possible.

It's well managed and kept up, and the staff is really great.

They are doing fine. I think in terms of the way they manage the place, it's fine. They have been really sweet. It's well managed and kept up, and the staff is really great. The main thing about the food is that the service is really slow, and lunch can take up to two hours, so that is usually where I hear complaints. The transportation options are a little limited, you get the impression that if you need to arrange a ride you can, but they only seem to go out once a week. Other than that I think it's a very good place.

They are doing a great job.

They are doing a great job. Things are going really well. It's clean, and the staff is friendly, and she eats three meals a day. We are really happy with it. I am thankful that Carol with A Place For Mom, helped us to find this.

Great Independent Living

My in-laws were here for a bit before moving to assisted living. It was so nice. The staff was awesome. They had lots of programs. They had puzzles all around, and people could play games. They had a library. Summit Glen is more for people that don't want to have to take care of their home anymore, but don't need assistance. They can be independent but yet be near people. They provided three meals a day, but my in-laws also had a kitchenette in their own apartment. The cost was dependent on how much square footage, and it was reasonable.

A Really Good Experience.

It’s been a really good experience. The management and the people are friendly. The apartments are big and spacious with a beautiful view, and the outdoor commons is very nice.

Visited. Seemed nice. A little expe...

Visited. Seemed nice. A little expensive for our budget. Requires participation in meal plan.

Good size apartment, kitchenette - no...

Good size apartment, kitchenette - not a kitchen

The facility is very new and very nic...

The facility is very new and very nice. Mom liked the balcony and/or patio area to be able to sit out and enjoy the fresh air. The one bedrooms were very spacious. They also had a variety of activities scheduled daily.

This one is brand new...Should be rea...

This one is brand new...Should be really nice.

We believe that Summit Glen is so much more than walls and windows - it's a place to enjoy home-cooked meals, game night, or a quiet evening with family and friends. It's where you always feel comfortable, safe, and secure.

At Summit Glen, our management teams live on-site, and are available 24 hours a day. Our food is truly made from scratch, and served right to your table along with a smile from our friendly staff.

Enjoy the convenience of our comfortable bus for scheduled appointments, shopping trips and other errands. We also regularly plan special excursions to cultural events, day trips, museums, and other places of interest. If you'd rather stay home, the choice is yours. It's easy to be as private or as social as you wish, Summit Glen features beautiful common areas and there's always a variety of planned activities and a chance to socialize with friends and neighbors every day.