Sun Terrace Hermiston - Hermiston, OR

Great place to live

Sun Terrace has gone above and beyond for my mom. They are always friendly and kind to my mother even when she is having a bad day. The activities are wonderful bingo and the ice cream socials are her favorite. I feel better knowing there is help close if she needs it. As a family, we like to go in and have lunch with her. I would highly recommend Sun Terrace for anyone looking for a caring home for there parent.

Medical issues

Sun Terrace Hermiston has had a problem in the medical part of their service. This year alone they have forgotten to order prescription meds on time and Mom ran out of her Hydrocodone. The med aides then wanted to substitute [an] Oxycodone. That is not acceptable and the question has to be asked: where did the med aide ([Removed], 2017) get [an] Oxycodone prescription drug, from another patients supply or? This has happened before and after numerous meetings with management and the RN, this problem continues to exist.

Not bad but not for dementia

Basically its a real nice place, its very expensive and I'm not sure if its the best place for somebody who has dementia like my mom does or those kinds of problems. Its really an assisted living and you should be in pretty good shape to be there, but I don't have a lot to compare it to. I was going to start looking around to see if there was something a little less expensive or deals better with dementia.

My only problems is you don't see the same aids all the time, there seems to be quite a bit of turn over and lack of communication between the shift thats leaving and the shift thats coming on. My mom has some kind of sore and home health care people come out and take care of it but lots of times they come in and an hour, hour and a half goes by with no one checking on her. WHne you normally wear a diaper or depends you should be checked on and thats really my only complaint.

Sun Terrace Hermiston's assisted living options offer personalized assistance, supportive services and compassionate care in a professionally managed, carefully designed, retirement community setting.

It's the perfect alternative for seniors who can no longer live on their own at home, yet don't need 24-hour, complex medical supervision. We also offer Hospice Care, Respite Care and can accommodate those in the early stages of Alzheimer's Disease/dementia. It’s the perfect senior housing facility for families living in Hermiston, Kennewick or Pasco.

Our approach provides the ideal solution for seniors who need some help with daily activities, such as bathing, dressing and medication reminders. We focus on wellness and keeping residents as independent as possible by providing a tailored plan of assistance. Our residents enjoy beautifully appointed living spaces, delicious meals, engaging social activities, transportation, and personalized assistance and care. It's the assistance seniors need with all of the independence they want.