Wonderful Facility

My Dad has lived here for over two years. The care partners are awesome and take excellent care of my Dad. When I visit him, I encounter great communication with the staff who take care of him. They are able to tell me how he is doing and what kind of day he is having and they are on top of his specific needs. They truly care about the residents and are very attached to them. There were some staff changes earlier this year and things have improved tremendously. The management staff are wonderful and very professional.

Heritage Oaks Assisted Living

My father has lived at Heritage Oaks for four years. The care-givers really care and show interest in the residents. The staff are always available to answer any questions that I might have.

Engaged and Caring

My father moved to Heritage Oaks in [date removed]. I live one hour away and visit him at least once per week. Whether I’m signing in/out, walking through the hallways, visiting with him in his room or enjoying lunch with him in the dining room, every staff member and aide that we encounter has an awareness of whether my father is having a good day or if he’s having a day that requires some extra TLC. Such an awareness can only come from taking the time to interact with my father. I am very pleased with how engaged and caring they are toward the residents.

Too expensive. Rooms had odor. Not impressed.

Started out great!

We moved our mom to Heritage Oaks after a stroke left her unable to live by herself. She lived there for 4 years. We saw many, many staff changes, administration changes and deterioration of service and care. It is a beautiful facility, however, that is about all it has going for it. Problems occurred more and more, residents started leaving, staff was let go, which lead to worse service and care. We were paying $5,000/mo. for a number of services and a level of care that was not being provided, despite repeated discussions and complaints with staff and management. Mom's oxygen was not being administered as prescribed, her meds were not being administered as prescribed, the dressing and bathing assistance was often times not happening due to "I forgot" or "I got busy" by the staff, her linens were not changed when needed often times, laundry was lost, and the list goes on and on. I read an earlier review where someone asked for the door code to get out-there were a number of situations where the staff didn't know the code to get in or out. The staff didn't have family contact info if management was gone for the day, to contact in the event of an emergency. When we moved mom into Heritage Oaks, it was the highest rated, newest facility in the area. It is sad to see how much it declined over the four years. You can tell by the dirty carpet throughout the facility how much the maintenance has deteriorated. It took me over 10 times reporting mom's toilet running to finally get it repaired.
Bottom line, Heritage Oaks was once a great place. Maybe they can get their act together and be good again. When we left, on average, they were loosing 1-2 residents a week to other facilities, the Executive Director had been fired, and the Sales Manager was "Acting Director", It was sad to leave, but for mom's sake, we had no other choice.

Doing well

They have recently hired a new activities director so the activities have started to improve. The community is clean and they have nice grounds. There are two large clean courtyards for the residents to sit and enjoy. They allow pets. The food tastes excellent. The nursing staff are wonderful and accommodating. I would recommend this community.

This Community is Perfect For Us

It's going fairly well for my husband and we like everybody there, it is going well. They are real good at night helping him out. The location is wonderful for me because it next to my house. It is very clean and taken care of very well. The table is always set nicely and
we have no complaints about the way the community is run. The food is okay and he eats pretty good. He loves their milk and drinks it all the time. The gals are sweet with him and he likes his bed. I was able to sit and watch TV with him during the storm. They come right in when he pushes the button. They had some staff turnover with the staff, from the director, to activities director, and the financial person. In the mean time they were suppose to send info to the insurance so we can set up payment. It took 3 times to get the info to my insurance, I was frustrated a bit. They are in a good location.

Nice Community

Heritage Oaks was a very nice community that we toured. The staff was friendly and answered the questions that we had. It was clean and well-kept. We chose another community because we wanted a larger outdoor area available for my grandmother to be able to enjoy the outdoors and fresh air.

Welcoming people!

I also toured Heritage Oaks. It was a nice facility with friendly people. I like it but it but it was priced out of our budget.

This could be a suitable community for another family but I felt this was not a good match for us. The decor was not different and the feeling was nice. We didn't feel connected with the place, it was not a good fit for us. They gave me a god tour and I didn't see anything bad.

My thoughts

I had heard some good things about this community before I went and spoke to some of the residents and their families. I did not take a tour but the part I saw looked clean. This community was just a little higher priced than we were looking for.

Comfort For Mom!!

The staff is very encouraging to a level of comfort for my mother to participate in activities. One thing that my mother likes is that they are very attentive with her. The housekeeping is okay but if they could clean a little deeper in the rooms it would be great. Meals offered are good. I would recommend the community to friends and family.

The nicest place around.

Heritage Oaks is the nicest place from everywhere we looked at in the area. We are very happy with it. They had less hidden fees, they showed the total cost up front, extra care was not an added on cost. They have a lot of activities available. I see other residents are always playing bingo, doing puzzes etc. The food is pretty good, very homestyle.

Don't Let Looks Deceive You

After caring for my mother at home with COPD for 9 years my sister and I decided that she needed more care than we could give her. We toured the facility which was nice as well as the people. Unfortunately it wasn't until after we made our decision and our mother was moved in that we saw the facility for what it was. Care Partners was a title given to anyone who interacted with residents. Their role or job depended on the staffing needs for the day. There was only an actual RN hired and working for them 1 month out of the 3 she was there. Needless to say my mother passed away 3 months after moving into the facility [removed]. [removed] After her passing in communication with the parent company we were told that they were not responsible for her oxygen care and therefore bore no responsibility for the lack of staff being trained in assisting residents with monitoring, switching devices etc. This was at no time communicated to us prior to her move in and her doctors order for admission clearly stated COPD as her primary diagnosis and care need. Please do yourself a favor. Don't let looks deceive you. Even their write up on this website starts with how beautiful it is rather than all the amenities or types of care they can handle.

pretty satisfied overall

I am pretty satisfied overall with Heritage Oaks. There have been some little things that could have been done better. Mom just got there and is having a hard time transitioning. The staffs answer was to put mom in memory care for the day. Now they are trying to integrate her into the assisted living part. I think that this should have been done a little better. I wish they would have communicated this with me. The staff just seem to put her in lock down if she is wandering the halls. They don't spend time working with her, instead they just put her over in memory care in lock down. I am more pleased with the assisted living at Heritage Oaks but not as much with the memory care there. Last night I went over and I couldn't get in because no one knew the code and there was no one at the front desk and it was before 7 pm, before it's supposed to even be locked up. There were also visitors that needed to get out that couldn't. The visitors leaving had to give me the code finally since there was no staff around. This is pretty concerning to me and I am going to mention it to the staff!

very friendly, needs better food & activities

The activities are pretty weak and could certainly be improved. Most of it is geared more towards the ladies, not much for the male residents.

Our biggest issue though is with the food. Both the quality and the quantity of the food is really lacking.

The staff is all very friendly though. They do a great job keeping my fathers room clean, doing his laundry, etc. For the most part they do a good job, but certainly some room for improvement with the activities and fod.

Piece of Mind for the Daughter-Happiness for the Mom

My mother moved into Heritage Oaks during May 2014. She went very reluctantly and was resentful that she could no longer live in her house of 64 years. From the first 30 minutes of her arrival, the administrators and care partners came to welcome her. She basked in the attention and before we knew it, she was off to some activity. What had been dreaded was turned into a beautiful beginning. There has been no looking back. Mom is the happiest she's been in ten years. She adores the care partners that help her and she's busy-bingo, dominoes, skip-bo, socials, country drives, movie outings, guest performances, sit n be fit exercises, and on and on. It is so good to get happy phone calls from her. She has made friends and I know that she is eating nutritional meals. A doctor, visiting nurse, and physical therapist visit her regularly and a beauty shop does her hair and nails. A doctor As, for me-I can lay my head on my pillow at night and know that she is being taken care of in a loving, attentive manner and is happy. Any concerns that I've ever had were addressed quickly by the nurse and administrators. I can not speak enough good things about everyone that works at Heritage Oaks and our experiences there.

Poor Choice

Don't choose this facility. We were lied to by Director [removed] and they continually had NO RN on staff to supervise medications or the so called med techs. Activities is a laugh. We ended up calling DADS the governing agency due to medication mismanagement and poor training of staff. For which DADS cited and fined the facility for negligence. As an afterthought you are barred from using the parent company, Capitol Senior partially because they are out of state.

Our Heritage Oaks Family...

My family and I moved my 96 year old great grandmother from her home in Abilene, TX to Heritage Oaks Memory Care Unit to be closer to our family. When my family and I toured Heritage Oaks and met with Becky Thomas, we were very impressed with the facility and staff. Our experience only improved from there. On move in day, the staff greeted us as though we were part of their family. They were so sweet to Mymee and loved her as though she was their own. When the time came to bring in Hospice, Heritage Oaks and Rose of Texas are the perfect team! If you are looking for a place in Conroe for Assisted Living and/or Memory Care, this is THE PLACE! Thank you Heritage Oaks for treating our family like your own! We love you!

Welcoming, open, bright, to...

Welcoming, open, bright, toured assisted living only, liked lay out, great activites does offer respite care

Don't risk your loved one's care

We were referred to this facility by the Hospice company that had been helping with my father. He was suppose to spend 7 days of respite care here. By day 4-5 we were appalled by the lack of care, compassion, and professionalism this facility lacked. My father had been administered an unknown amount of meds; to the point he was incoherent, head hanging down and drooling!! They placed him in a geriatric chair in the hallway so that the employees could see him from their work station and not have to get up and go to his room. He was a 90 year old WWII Navy Veteran, that took pride in his country and family; left on display for all to see, no dignity what so ever!
How can any person with a conscious work in a facility and claim they care for these people. My remarks in regards to this facility will not stop at this site! BBB, Commission on Aging, State of Texas, and what ever government facility I need to write to, will hear from my family!

This is our #1 choice! The ...

This is our #1 choice! The facility is very nice, clean. The staff members are compassionate, experienced, and nice. I was very impressed with Hertiage Oaks. Becky, the Executive Director, is wonderful! She went above and beyond to assure us that my great grandmother would be taken care of! Thank you!

Very nice facility. Non-smo...

Very nice facility. Non-smoking. A little on the high side.

Not Happy

Some of the staff was not very friendly and did not have a very good attitude. We were not happy with the care services that they offered and the attitude of which they performed these services.

Toured on Saturday Facility was gorg...

Toured on Saturday Facility was gorgeous but mom needs were care

2nd favorite facility.Very clean and ...

2nd favorite facility.Very clean and proffesional. Rooms were nice size. Residents were pleased with the facility.

Write a new chapter at Heritage Oaks, offering Assisted Living and Memory Care services in Conroe, Texas. Our rustic décor is inspired by Tuscan aesthetic and creates a warm and inviting atmosphere for our residents to relax and enjoy their lives. Our goal is to enrich the lives of our residents by providing an environment that is stimulating physically, mentally, spiritually and emotionally. We do this by providing the perfect blend of amenities and comforts in apartments and entertaining events in our common areas. Residents can meet new friends all the while knowing that our professional and helpful staff is available 24 hours a day to assist with anything. The area surrounding Heritage Oaks teems with possibilities, including all manner of restaurants, shopping, and entertainment options. Residents can also visit family and friends, or receive visitors, via the nearby Bush Intercontinental Airport or Hobby Airport.