Stoney River Assisted Living & Memory Care - Marshfield, WI

No Communication

We are very new to this whole experience of dealing with dementia. Stoney River Assisted Living & Memory Care was not helpful and lacking in letting us know what we might expect. It started with us approaching mom and letting her know that she needed more help and we wanted to get her the best care for that we could. We weren't aware that if she didn't go in voluntarily Stoney River couldn't take her. She was combative about losing her independence. They suggested to give her a sedative so she would come in voluntarily. That didn't work she only lasted five days. They said they couldn't take her back. They didn't communicate with us about what was going to happen. They didn't return our numerous phone calls and it made it very difficult to know what was the next step. We now have her in another community and she seems to be fitting in well.

A visit

This community did not offer a room for my loved ones to stay together as they need different levels of care. This community seems to offer some nice activities and events. The people I met were nice and the community looked clean.

Mom is slowly adjusting to her new lifestyle.

My mom recently (last two months) moved into Stoney River Assisted Living. It has been an adjustment for her to go from independent living to community living. The staff has been friendly and are trying to get her more involved in the many and varied activities. She is slowly doing that. They have many activities 7 days a week which includes religious services so important to some residents. I understand there has been some new hires in the food services area and though my mom does not say anything negative about the food she does say that the dining room is very noisy and so is sometimes hard to get your order for your food right. Overall I feel the facility is working with her, and us, to help her adjustment.

Mom's Good Care

I like the care here for my mom. The staff are outstanding and always make sure that she is doing good. The community is very clean and nicely taken care of. The menu is very nice and a great variety of meals are offered. The activities are helpful for her to participate. I would highly recommend this community for the good care and the value received. I like knowing that she is happy here.

The Food Is Very Good

My mom loves the meals that are served at this community. The employees are attentive to my mom's needs and I am able to communicate well with them. My mom has been participating in activities that is available. She is doing well here.