Stones River Manor, Inc. - Murfreesboro, TN

Nice Community

Stones River Manor, Inc is a very nice and clean community. Our loved one is still busy tying up loose ends with the sale of her home so she has not gotten a chance to get acclimated and settled in yet. The staff is friendly and welcoming. Maintenance has been a little slow in getting her Wi-Fy hooked up. Other than that so far everything is good. She likes the meals that they prepare, there seems to be enough variety and choices. They do offer activities that she hasn't yet experienced. They also offer transportation for outside excursions. They have nicely landscaped outside areas where the residents can go outside and enjoy some fresh air. I would recommend this community to others.

I have only been here since Feb 2017. I lost my husband Feb 2017 so it is not good for me to judge but - so far I have been content here. It is truly a great place to live.

Kirkland Mason

Thank you for your kind remarks. Our goal is to provide the very best care for our residents in a loving, Christian environment. We welcome your suggestions and recommendations always - it's how we become better at what we do!

Laura Wiser

I have lived in this community for eight years and forty years in another part of this community. The experience at both have been good. Good schools, growth, and excellent communities make good living.

Kirkland Mason

Hospitality is definitely a 2-way street, and we know that you have always been a good neighbor wherever you've been. We are pleased to have you as our neighbor now and promise to provide the very best care and services for you and all of our residents. Thank you for your kind remarks and for being a member of the Manor family!

This place is the #1 place to live. Everyone is so kind and helpful! It is kept so very clean and has a great many activities going on!!! The food is just great!!! All the staff are upbeat and happy!!! I am proud to live here!

Kirkland Mason

And we are proud to serve you! We strive to provide only the best in services and care. Never hesitate to let us know if anything can be improved to make your life safer, happier or more comfortable!

I have yet to find one thing to complain about!

Kirkland Mason

We are so pleased to hear this, but if you do, be sure to let us know so we can fix it. Our goal is to provide excellent service in a loving and caring environment, and we are always open to new ideas and ways to improve. "May we never rest, until or good is better and our better, best!"

This is the best place I could have chosen to live in. Everyone treats me with love and respect, both employees and residents. I am so thankful that I live here.

You are doing a great job!

I think its a good place to live.

Kirkland Mason

We do our best to make this a good place to live and a good place to work, and we are always looking for ways to improve. You can help us do this by letting us know anything you ever see that could make things better.

Very nice facility. I enjoy living here and am very happy here.

Kirkland Mason

Your kind words are very much appreciated. Any time we can be of service in any way, please do not hesitate to let us know. Thank you!

My loved ones lived at this community with me. I like it alright. It was nice that my husband and I could live here together for about 3 years. Everyone is nice and I haven't had any problems with this community.

Homelike - Caring and helpful employees - Safe place to live - Lots of activities to keep us busy.

Kirkland Mason

We are committed to excellence in all that we do and to be called "homelike" is the highest compliment. We love it when our residents call the Manor home; as they say, "there's no place like home!" We are always working on ways to improve, especially when it comes to the safety and security of our folks! Thank you!

I am happy to live in a clean, comfortable community such as Stones River. May it continue to remain here for a long long time. The people are nice. The food is good. and you keep me busy. God bless you for providing this place to live. My mother, Molly Mai Floyd was happy here and she died here. God bless.

Kirkland Mason

God bless you, too! We are proud whenever a new generation of family members follow their loved ones to Stones River Manor, and pledge the very best in care and services to you always. Please never hesitate to come and let us know if we can do anything to make it better. Thank you!

I have been a resident at Stones River Manor for the past 8 and a half years. I have been contented -- felt very safe and well cared for. The employees are kind, considerate and helpful. My mother lived here for 9 years and enjoyed the many activities. Her 7 children were all pleased with her care. I highly recommend Stones River Manor.

Kirkland Mason

Thank you and God bless you. Yours is one of many to have had family members here before you. We strive to maintain a tradition of excellence for many, many years to come.

In my opinion there is not any type of care/assistance needed that is not readily taken care of. Every member of the staff/workers are very friendly and pleasant. Stones River Manor is an excellent facility to live in.

Kirkland Mason

Thank you for your kind words. We strive always for excellence in our work as caregivers and as a place of employment. We want Stones River Manor to be a great place to work and a great place to live, and our wonderful staff and residents reflect that high standard. Please let us know anytime you see something that could be improved!

Wonderful layout and friendly residents.

Kirkland Mason

Our residents are truly a blessing and we are very proud of them as well as our staff. We always strive for excellence and try to improve always. Thank you!

I Love It Here

I'm so happy that I was referred to this community. I love everything about it. The community is spacious very easy to get around with a walker. I have my own apartment and I am able to cook when I want and still go down to the dining area for a meal and the food they serve is very good. The staff is so nice and friendly. I haven't been up to doing any activities but when I am feeling better I intend to start.

Kirkland Mason

We are pleased to know that you are enjoying life here at the Manor. Many new things are in store in the coming months and we are always looking for ways to improve. I hope you will feel well enough to get involved in the activities soon. Our activities team always has lots of good things happening and our group from MTSU is just beginning a new semester. We were named their community partner of the year and are very proud of this innovative program that began ten years ago!

Great Place To Work and Serve!

One of the best places I have worked. The atmosphere here is second to none! Truly a Christian facility with very loving and caring staff. My co-workers love working here and serving the residents. Excellent work place!

Kirkland Mason

Thank you for your complimentary review of Stones River Manor. We do strive for excellence in every aspect of our responsibilities in senior care, both as caregivers and employer. We are genuinely blessed with a top-notch staff and we could not maintain the high standards that we do without you.

A tour for mom's care

I toured this community for the care of my mom. We liked the tour and the environment. They offer good meals from the menu. And the activities would have been helpful. We would highly recommend the care at this community. At the time the community did not have any openings, but we would have had my mom moved into this community for care.

Kirkland Mason

Thank you for visiting and for your kind remarks. I hope that our representative let you know that, although our staff turnover is very low, resident turnover is quite high at times, so room availability changes very rapidly. If you are still looking I believe you will find that we do have something available now. Rooms and apartments do tend to move pretty quickly, so please give me a call if I can be helpful in any way.

Thank you again!

Kirk Mason
CEO

Pleasant Tour

I had a pleasant tour of this community. It is nice facility with kind people. Everything appeared to be nice, and clean. Everyone was very kind to my family, and myself. I did find another community that suited our needs better, but my tour of this community went well.

Kirkland Mason

Thanks for visiting with us and for your kind remarks. Our new skilled nursing center and rehab facility will be completed later this year, completing the full spectrum of senior care. Should you find yourself in need of any of our services in the future, please do not hesitate to call on us.

Everyone on the staff that we have dealt with has been extremely patient, caring, and helpful. The meals are nutritious and good. There are a variety of activities to choose each day. My favorite is the puzzle area. The residents start a puzzle, leave it out and anyone can work on it. Then they are glued and hung in the hallways as art. Most importantly the facility does not smell like some nursing, assisted living facilities. It is very clean.

Kirkland Mason

Thank you for your kind words. We strive for excellence in everything we do and are constantly on the watch for ways to improve. I'm glad you like the library and puzzle room. There's a story behind most of the puzzles you see framed and decorating our hallways. Each month now we work a "mystery puzzle" that is accompanied by a mystery story. We get together and read the mystery story and the clues to solve the mystery are found in the puzzle which is mounted on an easel in front of the audience and our "Manor Detectives" solve the mystery! Great fun! Come and join in. Everyone is invited.

Thanks for your tour yesterday. We enjoyed talking with [Removed], he was very friendly and answered many of our questions. We especially liked the independent houses, I don't think we (I) am ready for the assisted living, but as I said we have just begun to look at our options. Thanks again.

Kirkland Mason

Thanks for visiting and for your positive review. Please feel free to call or come back by anytime and let us know any way we can be of help.

A good place for retirement.

This is a great place to live. I am pleased with the staff, my apartment, my neighbors. We have activities regularly and something fun is going on all the time. Life is much less stressful with the helpful and caring people to assist when the need arises. I wish I had moved here sooner!

Kirkland Mason

Well we're just glad you're here now! Thanks for the positive review and kind words!

It's Been A Blessing

I think that they are very thorough in their orientation process. They gave us a lot of information up front to help make the decision. Having a nurse practitioner on site is just wonderful, it has been a blessing. It is just a friendly christian environment that we were looking for.

Kirkland Mason

Your review is greatly appreciated. As you may be aware, new skilled nursing and rehab facilities are on the way and we will always strive to give the very best care in a friendly, Christian environment at every level of care. Thank you!

Very affordable but small and showing it's age. Would have been very nice if Mom wasn't coming from a much larger place

Kirkland Mason

We are Rutherford County's first, and therefore oldest, senior living community, so it's inevitable that we, like our residents, will be showing our age. It's also true that we, like our residents, are very well maintained and cared for, so everything is clean, up-to-date and running in top order. The entire facility has been renovated and expanded over the years, growing from our original 29 rooms to a 100-bed assisted living facility, with a 22-bed Assured Care Center for Alzheimer's and dementia care, 30 independent living apartments, adult day care and respite care services plus a host of clinical and therapy services right here on our campus. Stones River Manor has received SeniorAdvisor.com's Award of Excellence as one of America's Top 1% in senior care and has been recognized by the Nashville Business Journal as one of Middle Tennessee's largest senior communities. The US Trade & Commerce Institute also awarded Stones River Manor with it's Award of Excellence as the number one assisted living facility in Tennessee. We may appear to be a nice, but small community by first appearance, but we offer the very best of care in a Christian setting that might be worth another look. Thanks for your recognition and please feel free to contact me at any time.

We are so happy!

We are so happy. My mom lives here. She was previously at another place. This place just makes all the difference in the world. She is very happy there. From the first minute you walk in the door, you feel like your at home. All i can say is that it is excellent. I have had meals there with my mother there quite a bit and the food is excellent as well. The Stones River Manor is an excellent facility.

Kirkland Mason

Thank you so much for your kind remarks regarding our work and our home. The things you have said all represent the goals of excellence that we strive to maintain. We truly believe that this should be the best time of our seniors' lives and we are committed to do all that we can to make that happen. Please let me know any time you see something that can improve.

Absolutely wonderful place with management that truly cares!

Kirkland Mason

Thank you for your kind words. We truly do care about our folks: residents and staff, family members and volunteers. Every member of the team is part of the Manor family, no matter which side of the caregiving or receiving team you're on!

Seems like a nice place!

We toured this community when we were looking into options for a loved one. This is a very large community, but it is well kept and clean, and the apartments are spacious and well laid out. The care staff seemed friendly and personable, and they have a good reputation in the area.

Kirkland Mason

Thanks for your kind remarks. Stones River Manor was Murfreesboro's first home for the elderly and is still Rutherford County's only faith-based, nonprofit senior living community. You're right, our assisted living facility is a very large place, but our folks here get used to it quickly and are proud to call it their home. We're getting bigger, too, with plans to expand with a new skilled nursing and rehab center. We'll be adding a new Assured Care Center to replace our current Alzheimer's and dementia care facility, which will be renovated into a new special needs center. These expansion plans will also include additional facilities for our adult day care operation, plus a new chapel and chaplain's office to care for the spiritual needs of our residents, as well. We're proud of our place and the care that we provide, and we're constantly busy making it even better. Please call on me anytime I can be of service to you and your family.

Review of Stones River Manor, Inc. Alzheimer's / Memory Care in Murfreesboro, TN

Nice suburban atmosphere. Good programs. Liked the exercise equipment. Well maintained & friendly.

Kirkland Mason

Thanks for your kind words. Although Stones River Manor is the oldest senior community in Murfreesboro we don't want to look like it! We work very hard to keep things well maintained, up-to-date and clean. We are also very progressive in adding new programs and services for our residents, so I especially appreciate that you made mention of that. I am often asked what it is about the Manor that makes it different and so special. I don't know that there's just one thing we can attribute it to but to say that we genuinely love what we do. It's been said that folks will do a good job if they like what they're doing, so I suppose they will do a GREAT job if they LOVE what they're doing. We love our residents and want their years at Stones River Manor to be the best years of their lives. Please don't hesitate to contact me directly if I can be of assistance to you in any way. I'd like to see you upgrade that 4-star rating to a 5!

So far things are going along okay.

I am not in the same area so there are some things that are difficult to comment on. My only concern is that my expectation is that they would stay professional, even when my loved one is not cooperative, I feel that hasn't always been the case. The communication is good they keep in good contact about medical records and things. They do have activities there, and there was a fishing trip my loved one was excited to go on. I haven't had any complaints about the food, and they have been accommodating to his requests. So far things are going along okay.

Kirkland Mason

Although you submitted your comments some time ago, they were just forwarded to me today. I like to respond promptly and apologize for the delay. Communication between staff, residents and families is a major priority here at the Manor, and we're especially mindful of the importance of professionalism. I meet regularly with the residents here with an open q&a session, and their suggestions and recommendations are always taken to heart. Some of our new procedures and programs have come out of these sessions. Despite the many hardships that our elderly citizens have to face, we want their years at Stones River Manor to be the best time of their lives, and we're dedicated to doing everything we can to make that happen. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly with any concern you might ever have. I'll do everything I can to persuade you to upgrade that 4-star rating to a 5!

The staff was wonderful I think my dad would love the staff but he would be very confused and would not know where he was. I am not sure if he would understand all the activity and when to eat and when to take his meds and etc.

Kirkland Mason

I hope we can help you in some way. We provide five levels of care, including Alzheimer's and dementia care, and were actually the first assisted living facility in Tennessee to open a licensed center for dementia care. This level of care is among our specialties. We appreciate the confidence you've expressed in your comments and will do everything we can to live up to your expectations. I can assure you that each of the concerns you've expressed about your dad are things we place great emphasis on, and we'll do everything possible to make him feel right at home here at the Manor. Thank you!

Above and beyond wonderful

They're definitely a five, they go beyond making things comfortable for my mom and keeping me posted as well because I travel a lot so they always keep me up to date. I could not say enough good things about them and I would recommend them to absolutely anyone.

Kirkland Mason

Thank you for your kind words, GG. We make every effort to keep our families happy and will always do our best to keep you informed. We are very proud of our staff and our residents!

The facility is all one floor

We chose Stones River Manor because the facility is all on a singular floor there is no elevator or stairs to stumble up or down on. My loved one preferred this layout over the other multi-level complexes we saw. Everyone at all the facilities were very nice and answered all of our questions including Stones River Manor.

Kirkland Mason

Thank you for your recommendation and for choosing Stones River Manor. We will always do our best to provide the very best of care and service to your loved ones, and treat them like members of our own family. Thanks, too, for recognizing the benefits of a one-level campus. This was a conscious decision on our part where my life-safety contracting days have come in handy. In fact, there is not a single step, up or down, anywhere on the campus, and we intend to keep it that way as we expand our facilities and services.

The apartments are laid out great, an...

The apartments are laid out great, and the people there all seem very nice, so far mom loves it and we do too!

Kirkland Mason

Glad your mom loves the Manor. This really is a great place to live and a great place to work! As we continue to expand with new apartments, we are always looking for ways to improve. We're very proud of our new Courtyard Apartments and you can watch for even more improvements as we continue to grow.

A truly unique faith-based community for senior living, Stones River Manor, in Murfreesboro, offers full-service senior care in a Christian atmosphere. Our not-for-profit facility is one of a kind in the county and is the only faith-based, nonprofit senior living community in Murfreesboro. Newly remodeled, the 100 resident facility has celebrated its 38th anniversary in providing professional care for the elderly.

We're proud of our five levels of stepped assisted living care based on each resident's individual needs. Stones River Manor also offers one and two bedroom independent living apartments, along with adult day care, respite care, and our Assured Care Center for those dealing with dementia and Alzheimer's. We have an excellent health care staff that ranks highly, complete nursing and therapy services, as well as physician and clinic services.

You or your loved one will enjoy a pleasant, attractive and a homelike environment that is safe and secure. Life is interesting here for our senior citizens, and we get everyone involved. We've always got a variety of fun activities planned. There is a private library on site, along with our own beauty and barber shop. We serve delicious restaurant style meals here three times a day, and have a weekly cooking show in our activities kitchen.

Expect a warm, friendly greeting every time you visit. At Stones River Manor, your family is our family.