Sunnington Assisted Living - Murfreesboro, TN

[Name removed] was the gracious hostess of my tour. The facility is visually pleasing and is well lit. [Name removed] said that the common spaces are to receive new finishes in the near future. We encountered a number of active residents on our tour. Everyone was friendly. I will definitely consider The Rutherford when the time comes.
My rating is based on limited experience.

I was impressed with the friendliness of the staff towards everyone. The nurses, front desk clerk, and administration staff seamed to know all residents by name, and addressed them as such. The security seemed to be quite good, unlike the last place I saw. The rooms were nice size, and the price is competitive. The only concern for me is that they are ready to begin renovations to all common areas very soon and I am not sure my mom's allergies can withstand that. This place definitely is on my short list though. If it were already renovated, I would have given 5 stars.

Wonderful home for my dad

Sunnington provided the warmth in a blustery situation. This Assisted Living facility did exactly what its name says – assisted our family in living. All of Sunnington staff provide compassionate care. The concern for safety, meals, medication, and companionship is shared by everyone. Our family and Sunnington are unified in the ultimate goal to help Daddy find peace in the blustery process of aging! Simply-Sunnington becomes your extended family!

Not a Ruthie's winner in my book!

We loved having my grandmother in Sunnington for the 1st year or so, then they started slacking on her care. They were not notifying us when she was ill or had fallen. And was not checking up on her as they were suppose too. And I know someone who walked straight in at 4 am and the doors were unlock and walked all over looking for staff and finally went into the kitchen to find someone. Many residents have dementia/sun downers and the door is supposed to be locked at night and we are supposed to buzzed in. How scary is that! That my grandmother who has sun downers could have walked straight out and no one would have known. And she fell several weeks ago and broke arm and has has to have surgery and now in rehabilitation and they are implying they are don't want her to come back. Keep trying to have us pull her out. And we asked if she could be moved to the memory care since she has Alzhiemers and they are saying she doesn't qualify due to her not being mobile and that is not true. She walks with a cane at rehab and is actually more mobile now than she was before. Very unhappy! And very tempted call [Removed] and let them know what has happened. They are just trying to cover there butts since we have been complaining. We have been documenting everything. Will post this on every review site.

Terri Deal

Carolyn, any time family members have concerns regarding their loved one we welcome you to share those concerns with us so we can address them. Your grandmother has been a wonderful part of the Sunnington family for some time and we enjoy having her with us.

As with any of our residents when anything happens that requires a time of rehabilitation we stay actively involved as part of the interdisciplinary team to get the them back to their "home" as quickly as we can. It is always our goal to work with our resident and her (or his) family, as well as the therapy team to make sure the resident is safe prior to return. This process worked very well in your grandmothers case.

Sunnington Assisted Living is not a secure dementia unit. Although we do provide security in this building it is not designed as a secure unit like our dementia building, Sunnington Senior Care.

A place to call home.

They really treat residents like family. Their personal touch makes it much easier for my parents. While some say that it's expensive; they don't realize you aren't just paying for room and board. When your loved one is at the hospital or rehab, their staff comes to visit and lets them know that they look forward to having them back home (Sunnington) soon. Other communities just don't do that.

Terri Deal

Thank you for those kind words! It is our hope that residents of Sunnington Assisted Living or Sunnington Senior Care and their families feel welcome and feel they are part of the Sunnington family. As we have said since opening our doors 15 years ago, "Welcome to a place to call home...YOUR home!"

Great staff

It’s a great staff to work with. They’re very open to your comments and suggestions. They have been very helpful in the transitioning process. The food is wonderful. There has always been enough parking. I’d live there myself if I could.

Terri Deal

Sunnington is very fortunate to have a loving, caring staff. Your loved one is more than a resident to us, our residents become part of our family, and we take care of our own.

2595 for 1 bedroom

2595 for 1 bedroom

Terri Deal

Anyone who has need of assisted living please contact us for current pricing.

Excellent care but may be over some people's budgets

Sunnington is a wonderful, caring place for seniors in need of assisted living. My mother-in-law has been there for over 3 years now. They treat her as if she was their own mother. My mother does not need that level of care at this time. The cost is a little over what we can afford for her since she does not have the savings that my mother-in-law has.

Terri Deal

Financial planning is an important part of aging in America. Some times we are able to help families by selecting a smaller room, or helping our Veterans and/or their spouse with application for Veterans benefits.

Sunnington Assisted Living, a three story facility,opened in 2001. It was designed to provide residents with a superior living experience that is sensitive to their needs.Every detail was carefully planned from the wall finishes to the lighting and carpeting.The facility offers a Formal Living room,Private Dining room,Wellness Center, Beauty Shop, Library, Craft Room and Activity Room, large outdoor patios, and a walking track. Sunnington has six floor plans for residents to select from which includes a studio, one bedroom and two bedroom apartments. Also, Sunnington is a pet friendly facility.