Saddle up for the time of your life at Stonefield, an Assisted Living and Memory Care community in McKinney, Texas, that is chock-full of style and fun. Our goal is to enrich the lives of residents by providing an environment that is physically, mentally, spiritually and emotionally stimulating. With walk-in closets spacious enough for personal belongings and bathrooms sporting walk-in showers, our ranch-style environment is big on amenities that all of our residents appreciate. Unique by nature, our community offers a spa room and manicurist who makes in-room visits so residents can relax in style and with the dignity they deserve. The community also pampers residents’ puppies with pet care assistance available if needed. Our one- and two-bedroom open floor plans boast plenty of safety features including personal security systems and emergency call buttons in addition to wall-to-wall carpet and 2-inch mini-blinds for the ultimate in comfort. Our caring and professional staff members will provide a helping hand for residents who may appreciate assistance with the activities of daily living, including courtesy transportation for shopping and dining outings, housekeeping and personal laundry services and medication administration. Stonefield is conveniently located off of State Highway 75 (Central Expressway) with access to a plethora of dining, shopping, entertainment and sports venues.

Situation Changed, But We A Good Tour Of This Community

I toured this community for my friend, and her needs. At the time we were looking into hospice care for her. Our tour of this community went well. Everyone was kind to my family, and I. From what we were shown the community looked nice. They were informative, and answered our questions. Our situation did get better, and we did find a better fit for her, and her needs. However our tour of this community was a good one overall.

Top pick!

We really liked Stonefield and it was one of our favorite picks out of the communities we looked at for my parents. It's definitely a good option!

Just to big!

The man that gave us the tour took us on Sunday when they normally don't. He was very knowledgeable and very helpful with everything. It was a super tour. I even liked the set up that they had with the porch that the residents could sit on. It was just to big of a community for my friend.

Mom is safe and happy!

I feel comfortable with my Mom at Stonefield. Staff is very caring and pays attention to her needs. Food is very good and adjusted for her individual dietary needs. I feel welcome to join Mom for meals which is important for both of us.

Great choice for Mom

Moved my 94 yr old Mom here for more 24 hr observation. Staff is really caring. Facility is spotless and food and snacks are nutritious and tasty.
Many activities to facilitate Moms mental and physical health. i am happy with my choice.

Fantastic community!

We really liked the tour of the Stonefield community. The community was very welcoming and the staff were great. The community is very nicely kept and very tidy! It left an impression on us and was our second choice. The staff were friendly and explained everything very well to us.

Whitlock review

So glad I moved here. More than I expected.

Whitlock review

I am very pleased we l finally got to move into Stonefield. The care givers are all very sweet and "loving". They all care about your needs. My room is plenty big for my needs at this time of my illness. And our cat blackie is also happy here.

[removed]
If you want to email me

Good place to be during the week

My mother stayed at the Stonefield and has gone through some surgeries and complications, but the staff at the Stonefield has been very helpful and friendly. There is a mother and daughter team, they are so caring and nice. My mom really likes them and so do we. They have a great a physical therapy program and the therapists are great. It's a nice place and nice people, but we just feel that there should be more care. My mom should not have to ask for meals. Overall, I would say, it's a great place to live during the week.

You may go hungry!

The staff is very friendly at first and then come busy days when assistance is spotty. . She has really benefited from Mike in physical therapy. A few more of the staff members are kind and compassionate, but certainly not all. Laura and her two daughters; Quanah, and Joyce will do whatever it takes to make my mother comfortable. Staffing cuts have really affected care, especially on the weekends.

A new chef has joined the staff during the last month and food quality has plummeted. They serve large portions of meat but not many cooked vegetables. Mother has had times of illness when she could not come to the dining room. If she does not call to remind them to bring a plate, it just doesn't come and she goes hungry. I wish I had known all of this sooner.

Did not have a good experience

We did not have a good experience here at all. The facility itself is very nice, the apartments are a good size, and they keep everything clean and well kept. However, one of the administrative staff has been very unpleasant to deal with. I felt like he told us what we wanted to hear before we moved in, and then after our loved one was moved in he became very rude and unprofessional. There have also been issues with the caregivers being inattentive, and the meals having very small portions.

Top of our list

Staff is extremely helpful and responsive to requests.

I’d give them fives on everything.

I’d give them fives on everything. They’ve been very good. My loved one has been there a month and half and everything has just been very good. She loves the poached eggs. The food is good. It’s balanced and good sized portions. We haven’t had any trouble with the laundry. There are outside areas. The other residents we’ve visited choose to be there or they just really like it. They have parties there.

Seemd Dark

I did not like that one at all. It was very dark and the rooms were really tiny. Sometimes you just walk into a place and you just don't get a good feeling about it. There doesn't seem to be many activities going on. It just seemed dead and cold.

Not Good For People That Wander

Even though my dad is with her all the time my mother has started to want to wander and at Stonefield you could walk right out the door, no necklace or anything, and there was a street out front. The rooms here were smaller than the place we chose too.

Both asssisted living and memory care...

Both asssisted living and memory care. Nice place - good staff.

very nice!

very nice!

New facility as of March, 2010. Pric...

New facility as of March, 2010. Prices 'start' at $2,600/mo