Brookdale Dover - Dover, DE has yet not published prices.

Really nice staff!!

I had recently taken a tour of this community for my mother and I have no complaints of how things had went. The staff where really nice and made sure to answer any questions I had for them in detail. I liked that they had a lot of variety in there activities as well as an open floor plan that was easy to navigate through. Everything was really great at this facility it was just not the right location for us in the end decision.

Good Experience With My Tour of This Community

I had a nice tour of this community. Everyone was very kind. My tour guide was there ready to give me my tour. She was informative, and answered my questions. The community was nice, and clean from what I saw. The staff I met was kind, and helpful. It was a good experience.

Nice people!

Brookdale Dover was a nice community. Everyone there was friendly and the tour guide was very knowledgeable. It was just a bit too expensive and we chose to not move her in the Dover area.

The clients seemed happy, as did the employees. The surroundings are being renovated, so new carpeting, painting, etc.

Caring for Mom Well

My mother is doing well at this community. Since her move here everything has worked out very well. This is a nice community, everything is neat and tidy. The staff is wonderful, they are caring for her very well. I know she is safe and in good hands here. I would recommend this community, it is a nice place.

To old and dingy!

Not the place for my loved one at all. The community felt like a nursing home. I was not impressed at all. It was old and dingy. I also did not like the way the staff interacted with the people in memory care. When I left I had already made my decision not to come back.

Worth taking a tour!

Brookdale Dover was a very nice and updated community. On my tour the community seemed to be very clean and comfortable. The staff were very kind and knowledgeable. They were able to answer all of my questions.

Patient And Very Helpful

My husband is doing well at this community, he is still adjusting a bit. The community is great, everyone is very nice and friendly. They keep everything pretty clean, but I do feel they need to vacuum more. The staff is great, they are very helpful and nice. There are many activities offered for the residents. The food is very good, they have a chef. Everything working out very well. They are caring for him and his needs very well. I would recommend this community.

Nice place, excellent Alzheimer's care unit

Overall things have gone very well with Emeritus at Dover. Their Alzheimer's unit is fantastic, and the manager of the unit does a wonderful job. It's a nice looking, well kept, clean place, and the caregivers are all very friendly. The only real issue I've noticed is that they seem a bit short staffed on their nursing staff over the weekend.

Father-in-Law at this facility

My father-in-law was in this facility for several months back in 2011. In fairness, they are hopefully under new management by now because it was horrible then.

Their idea of "activities" was throwing a box of puzzles on the table and then walking away. Most of the staff acted like they had never dealt with dementia patients before because they would yell at the residents. I will say that there were some employees there that were good but they were few and far between. Even the head nurse was yelling at one of the residents one day when we were there. Clearly, she had no clue how to deal with someone with dementia. When my husband said to her (very nicely) that it usually doesn't work well to argue with a dementia patient, she just glared at him and walked away. Hopefully, they have a different nurse there by now.

They were also careless with medication. For example, there was a point where they contacted the family to report that my father-in-law’s blood pressure medicine needed to be refilled (which was alarming since it had just been refilled). Come to find out, they had been giving him his meds wrong and were doubling his medication. His blood pressure was dangerously low. Thank God my brother-in-law realized what was going on and straightened them out.

The food was mediocre at best. A former worker there told us that the facility would serve the good food to the other section of the facility and serve the “left over” to the dementia section. The facility was simply a "warehouse" housing the residents. We moved my father-in-law to another facility and he received wonderful care until he passed away. If you are touring the facility, try to talk to the families of residents to see if things have improved. Visit more than once if you need to. I sincerely hope that it's better than it was back in 2011.

Billing department and director do not have good communication

The business side of things seems to have a disconnect between the financial person, and the director. The person who does the billing and the person you sit and talk with to negotiate need to have better communication. The food is pretty good, I haven't tried it but I haven't had any complaints and my loved one seems happy with it.

I would give them a five star rating.

I think my mom just has some depression. I don't think it has anything to do with the community I would give them a five star rating. They have bingo and crafts and the usual activities. I think the communication between the nurse staffing on nights and weekend with the day staff could be better. You have to pay separate for the nursing facility.

Adequate facility, built in...

Adequate facility, built in 1988 so a bit different style than the others. The dementia unit seemed a bit depressing, but the regular AL part is nice. Don't think this will be a good fit for my Mom, though.

rank 1 of 2, comfort level 10, clean,...

rank 1 of 2, comfort level 10, clean, down to earth, friendly staff & residents, plus on vets & men

living at an Brookdale Senior Living community.

delight in showing you our home.

Our Family is Committed to Yours.