Perfect for mom

I'm so thankful for this referral service that helped us find a respite care. My mother-in-law needed a place to go for about 6 days. This community was so good to her and she made some friends. And did daily activities. The food was great there with lots of different variety. I would recommend this to all my friends.

A wonderful fit for my mom

I am very happy with the care my mother is getting at Spring Creek Eagle. It such a nice setting and small so that my mother is comfortable there. All of the staff are friendly and they are caring. My mom loves going to the dining room and brags about the wonderful food.
They take the residences on field trips and they offer lots of activities for them to take part in.
I really like the fact that there is a doctor on staff who does wellness checks once a month and monitors my mom's meds.
My mom is in a private room and they make sure that it is well kept up and they do her laundry.
I would definetly recommend Spring Creek Eagle to my friends and family for their loved one too.

Very nice and homey facility. All women residents.

All Was Nice When Touring

At the time of having a tour, I saw that this community is very nice. The staff were nice and it was a clean facility too. After touring we thought a different community was more familiar to our loved one and liked that better.

It Was A Great Tour

The tour guide was on time and knowledgeable to let me see what is to offer here. The community is small and has a home environment. The staff seemed to interact well with the residents. I was not offered a complimentary meal to sample.

So Grateful For Spring Creek Eagle!

When I dropped into Spring Creek on a Sunday, doing a little preliminary "shopping" for a new home for Mom, Randi stopped what she was doing and graciously answered questions and showed me around. I liked it right away. These were some of the reasons: It smelled like home-cooking; it's relatively small (only about 30 residents when full); each window reveals cheerful nature views; closets and storage were plentiful and convenient in the apartments; décor was colorful and cheerful; everything was clean, tidy and well lighted.
That was 4-1/2 years ago! Mom is still there, and even though her health issues, including dementia and mobility difficulties, have increased, she is happy, comfortable and feels secure.
I visit Spring Creek almost daily, and at all different times of the day and night. I always feel welcome. I can always find an appropriate staff member to communicate with, if needed. I have always appreciated the staff, but especially lately there's a great feeling of unity, cooperation and enjoyment among the staff in all departments - this makes for a most pleasant environment for residents and their families.
I am so grateful for Spring Creek! I can honestly say that if/when the time comes for me to make a move to assisted living that SPRING CREEK EAGLE will be there!

Change from family owned to a corporation brought a lot of negative changes.

My mother stayed in this facility for almost a year. It was great for a long time, but then they got new management and weren't family owned anymore. It was awesome until the new company took over. I really liked the manager of the facility and I believe she is still there...but it seemed that she was really restricted in decisions she could or could not make. One of the worst changes was a new VERY COMPLICATED assessment or scoring system that put the residents at a financial disadvantage. When my mom first went into the facility, she had just had surgery and needed assistance to bathe, bathroom, dress, etc. She was completely imobile. We were charged a reasonable amount at her admission. Then nearly a year later she had another surgery and became very dependent again. The new assessment system would have made her care cost nearly $2000 more a month for the same care tht she had been admitted with less than a year before! Then they threatened to MAKE her go to a rehab facility that was far away from where I could visit her....and we had very little say in this. When I threatened to pull her out of the facility altogether, they began to negotiate to reduce the newly proposed pricing. The nurse at that time was incredibly unreasonable and seemed to have a lot of power over the decisions of the manager who was much more reasonable. I had had enough. I tried to reason with the nurse that my mother needed better pain management and we needed to try to better address her pain. She wouldn't be reasoned with even though I have medical experience myself ( I manage a medical office and my husband is a physician.) When she refused to listen and gave us no option but tomove my mom to a distant rehab facility, I pulled her out. Within 3 days my mom's pain issues were alleviated and she was doing very well with no need of a rehab facility.

This facility had the highest reputation because they had top notch staff. Some of the staff lived close and worked very long hours because they loved the residents. Corporate came in and wanted to cut costs. So they let some staff go, placing more demand on the remaining staff. They would not give raises to those that had faithfully worked for years. Finally, even the best left.
From a quality of care standpoint they went from a five to about a two. I loved the manager but I think her hands were tied, with this new corporation giving her all these rules.
When we first arrived at Spring Creek I would have given it a 5 star rating. When we left over a year and a half ago it was between a 2 and a 3. I hope they have resolved some of their issues, but I still hear some negative comments about it fro time to time

Darker Place

I thought it was kind of dark. Also, they never called me back. I had already moved my parents to a different place by the time I got a call back from the. They said they're full so I wonder if that was why they didn't call me. It was probably my least favorite. It was dark and nobody was really around. Finally a girl came and asked if I'd been helped and then she told me there was no one that could really help me so I left my name and number but like I said, I didn't get a call for a really long time.

Great Activities Director

She's really happy there. Her relationship with her caregivers is excellent. You pay for what you get. It costs quite a bit but they do well and she's happy so it's wonderful. There are a lot of activities. Particuarly the activities director is great. She has enough energy for all of them! She's just really, really good.

Frances visited Spring Cree...

Frances visited Spring Creek first and was delighted. She put down a deposit and moved in last Saturday.

Welcome to Spring Creek in Eagle!

Enjoy just the right level of care in Edgewood’s warm, home-like assisted living community in Eagle. It is the ideal combination of living spaces, care and amenities to promote residents’ health and well-being and has been providing family peace of mind since 1995.

Assisted Living: Help When You Need It

Assisted living at Edgewood is an ideal combination of housing, healthcare and lifestyle for individuals who may require some additional assistance with daily living but do not need skilled medical care.
Although each apartment has a kitchen, there is a full service dining facility. Your apartment opens to a large main hallway; no more icy sidewalks. Everyone has a mailbox in the beautiful lobby, and there are many activities and events going on for residents to participate in.
Edgewood's health care professionals, nurses and other staff members are dedicated to your well-being.

We provide or can arrange:

* Fine dining with three homemade meals daily
* Private apartments with showers and kitchenettes
* Transportation to appointments
* Social, community, daily recreational activities and shopping trips
* 24 hour staffing with little staff turn over
* Registered nurse on staff
* Ongoing assessments for health care monitoring
* Emergency pull-cords, Intercoms, and nurse call system
* Light housekeeping and linen service
* Resident laundry room
* Fire sprinklers and system
* Full service hair salon
* Coordination of physical therapy, occupational therapy, home health, labs, and hospice

Needing A Break – Short-Term Stay Services

Trust Edgewood for Short-Term Stays, ideal for assistance following surgery, during illness or for seniors looking to try the Edgewood community without long-term commitment. Your love one receives personalized care while you take care of travel for work or personal time away. Available 24/7, 365 days a year, Short-Term Stays include all services offered to our full-time residents, such as:

* 24-hour staffing with nurse coverage
* Safe, homelike environment with secured doors and outdoor courtyard
* Nutritious home-cooked meals and snacks
* Planned daily activities
* Assistance with bathing, grooming and dressing
* Medication administration under nurse supervision
* Consultation with physicians and other care providers
* Laundry and housekeeping services

In the beginning, the initial responsibilities of a family member who is the primary caregiver may seem manageable. Eventually, this role can become an around-the-clock responsibility. Soon the sole caregiver becomes exhausted with the growing needs of their loved one.

Care For Caregivers
Short-Term Stay Services is a term used by Edgewood to describe time taken by the caregiver for rest and rejuvenation from the demands of caring for a loved one. Though caregivers often feel guilty leaving their loved one in the care of someone else, it is imperative for both parties. Caregivers who neglect their own physical and emotional health may be ill-equipped to meet the daily challenges of care giving.