Southport On Cape Cod - Mashpee, MA

Southport On Cape Cod - Mashpee, MA has yet not published prices.

Happy to be at Southport!

Having lived at Southport for 4 months, I cannot be happier. Although some of the homes build during phase I have had issues, the homes in phase III are great. Our building inspector was very thorough and was impressed with the quality of the construction.
There is a wide range of ages of residents, but everyone is friendly and outgoing. Being in my early 60's, I wondered about the age factor - not an issue!!! There is something for everyone. And, if you are not a "joiner", then you can just enjoy your home and "do your own thing" in the Mashpee area.
Unlike the earlier comment, resale does not seem to be an issue based on the number of new residents. The management company is always and even the smallest items (like weeding the front walkway) was attended to when I put in a request.
Finally, like any community, there is a variety of financial backgrounds. But regardless of their bank accounts, everyone here is respectful, welcoming, engaging and kind.

Don't read just the "bitter" posts

Clearly the folks who posted the first 2 reviews here are bitter. I am sorry they had a bad experience. They do not represent my experience at Southport, at all. The community is professionally managed. The governing body is made up of owners. The builder is pretty much gone except for a few new properties on the market. It is difficult to say how old the average resident is. So, I can't comment on that. The community seems to me to be a mixed age group, some younger retirees, certainly in my area of the campus, and older residents who are quite independent. Some residents have aged here over the past 20 years, so something is going well for them. There are 720 homes on the campus. The amenities are wonderful (golf, tennis, exercise rooms, pools, etc.). I don't know what proportion of residents are "snow birds," but it is certainly quieter here in the winter. The grounds in "Phase III" (newer homes) are immature, and that detracts from the overall experience. The construction meets all codes; there are higher end IL communities on the Cape if you want to pay those prices. Come, check out Southport yourself and make your own decision. Don't be put off by 2 bitter posts. Clearly, with 720 homes sold, they do not represent the modal experience. Independently living is just that.

Badplace

This is the most negative, caddy community a person could pick. It is a real downer, on top of the very poor construction of the homes. The builder is a liar and a sneak and will cut corners on the construction so he makes more money. The laborers are unskilled and the product supports that.
This should be labeled an assisted living community as most people are quite old and need help. Anyone over 55 should NOT consider this place, it is a nightmare.

Run, Do Not Walk, Run Away As Fast As You Can

Southport on Cape Cod is one of the worst places you ever want your loved ones to end up. The people that live their are the WORST a bunch of phonies and tacky (understatement). They are low class, end of story, period - low class. This is a bunch of people who could not afford a country club in prior years and think that this places passes for one - not even close. These people would not be approved for any Country Club I know of or a have been a member of. I have never met a group of people, on the whole, that are so uneducated and ignorant. We could not get out and sell our place quick enough. I might add it is not easy to sell, due to the quality of the construction in this development, which appears to be well known and no secret to the outside community. Every contractor we hired had nothing good to say about this place and very sadly, as we learned, were very much correct. This place is a dump and you will never get your investment back. The developer is worse than the people that live there. I wouldn't think it possible but it is. The homes are constructed like, well... you know what. If there was a corner to cut this developer cut it and then some. Do not waste your hard earned money on this place or allow your parents to do the same.