Maplewood at Mayflower Place - West Yarmouth, MA

• 24-hour Emergency Call Response
  • Availability of licensed nursing staff 24-hours per day
  • Housekeeping provided
  • Laundry services
  • Social, cultural and educational life enrichment programs
  • Fine dining service for breakfast, lunch and dinner
  • Memory Care Services

Dissatisfied

At first we were very excited, then a few months into it we're finding several issues aren't being addressed very small basic issues like Landscaping while the front of the building looks beautiful the back of the building not so much. In other sections of Maplewood I don't feel that the Staffing is adequate often times I'm there I see that it's very understaffed and it's one nurse having to tend to multiple different patients while I understand it's difficult to hire people that is not our problem, they charge a substantial amount of money to feel safe and cared for... Very disappointing because it feels as though they can put on a dog-and-pony show for the folks from Corporate but the people that are actually paying the fee on a monthly basis have to wait on very basic needs till they can get to them, it is a beautiful place and at first we were very happy there are several great things about it which is why we ultimately decided to go there in addition to offering us peace of mind unfortunately now we're questioning our decision, I feel that there are quite a few shortcomings that could easily be fixed unfortunately to the powers-that-be over there these aren't viewed as a priority.

A visit

This community seems to offer some nice amenities and pets are allowed. The community looked clean and the staff we met were friendly. This community only offers respite stays for thirty or more days.

My Parents Have Help and Independence

I find the fee structure overwhelming but they are doing their best to help out by waiving this month's fee. They have been flexible and helpful in other ways. For instance they are charging my mom a lower fee so she can live with him. The staff help with his medication and that is a big value. My parent like all the meals they serve. Although they are not participating, activities are available when they are ready. The staff understand my parents and let them have their independence. I am happy with this community.

Wonderful place!

My loved one was here for quite a long time, and it was a wonderful place. They had an amazing activities director, and were great about encouraging the residents to participate in everything that they offered. She had a beautiful, spacious apartment, and the care they offered was wonderful. They also did an amazing job with the food! They had a large, varied menu to choose from, and the food itself was delicious. Unfortunately her care needs advanced past what they were able to provide here, we would have loved to be able to stay.

Maplewood at Mayflower Place is a continuing care retirement community located on Cape Cod. With an unwavering commitment to service, Maplewood at Mayflower Place evokes the nautical spirit and charm of Cape Cod.

For more than 25 years, Mayflower Place has served as the one and only, full-service continuing care retirement community on Cape Cod and the Islands. Maplewood at Mayflower Place offers a full continuum of care, which includes independent living, assisted living, memory care, and respite care.

Our campus is also home to Mayflower Place Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, a well-regarded skilled nursing and rehabilitation center that offers both short term and long-term care.

Contact us today to learn more or schedule your welcome visit.