Brookdale Cape Cod - Hyannis, MA

Brookdale Cape Cod - Hyannis, MA has yet not published prices.

Not a place to consider

Don’t do it. Find another place for your family member. Uncaring management. Greatly understaffed Rude staff. My
Mother lived there a couple of months before they evicted her bc her care was too much - told her on a Friday afternoon without any family member present.

Do not send you loved one here.

As with all assisted livings, the staff will welcome you with open arms because they need to fill the rooms but that's where the excellent service ends. My mother endured months of medication mismanagement (nurses do not administer meds here) including missed doses of medication, missing medications from her med list, incorrect med lists being sent with her to the ER, and inconsistencies in the times given. There is a HUGE turnover of staff, making it difficult for residents to make any kind of personal connections. There were a few aides who seemed to really care about the residents but most seemed to be there just to collect a paycheck. My mother endured verbal abuse by one particular aide (who eventually quit - big surprise right?) and when she addressed this with the nursing director she was told "you can't use that word." The director was aware of this, but not action was taken, and shortly afterwards we were told they could "no longer care for" our mother. Yes, they kicked her out and told us she needed to go to a nursing home! If your loved one doesn't really need any assistance, you might be ok here, but they do not try to provide any inidividual accommodations for your needs. If your square peg doesn't fit in their round hole, they will just toss you to the curb with not an ounce of sympathy. My mother's health (physical and mental) declined rapidly here. As soon as we moved her to a new assisted living, she bounced right back to her old self within days. We had no idea how miserable she really was. Her new nursing staff was actually appalled when they first met my mother and asked her about her daily routines, inclduing the fact that limitations were place on how long she could sit on the toilet. This is degrading for any person, but in particular for a person with Parkinson's Disease who has a disability that prevents her from being able to move her bowels quickly. She was constantly told to "hurry up" when she was being dressed for breakfast and criticized for wanting to put in her own hearing aides or pick out her own clothes. How can a person with Parkinson's Disease hurry????? These were the few things my mother could do independently and stripping her of these basic tasks was belittling to her. Was it her fault they got her up last every day and expected her to get out of bed and hurry to make the cut off time in the dining room? I should also mention that we had a private conversation with a member of the nursing staff following the eviction of our mother who was disgusted with the treatment our mother received and said the aides are running the building and she can't believe how some residents are treated there. This is the tip of the iceburg people. If you are smart, you will look elsewhere. The residents are wonderful, but this place is a disaster.

Don’t consider this place

Quality of care poor. Concern of staff towards residents is horrible. Training of staff minimal. Treatment of residents - don’t put your family member in that place

A great place

Mom had a great respite stay at this community. The staff took great care of her and I felt comfortable with her staying here. This is a locked community and they keep it well maintained. The food is good and they do offer daily activities. We will be using this community again for a respite stay. I would recommend this community.

Everyone was so friendly and helpful which made my moms stay there very comfortable

My mother has only been at Brookdale for 3 weeks but has settled in very nicely. All the staff she and I have encountered have been very kind, friendly and helpful. They have gone out of their way to establish a personal relationship with her that is sincere and respectful. This includes the sales staff, nurses, aides, maintenance supervisor, and wait staff in the dining room. They have also been readily available to answer my questions and respond to any concerns.

Make sure you get every detail in writing.

The day to day staff is warm and do their best given the working environment that management creates around them, they all have the same complaints.
Once you've signed your contract, the upper management forgets about you, their only concern is how they can charge more.
I have never once seen the directors spend any time with the residents, unless someone from corporate is visiting.
The director of nursing has zero empathy, even though her job is part customer service. All the residents share stories about her and seem to have the same experience, it's all about how she can increase your charges.
It's unfortunate because the facilities are very nice and the other residents are very friendly.

It has been a happy experience with the care given for my dad. There are nice, caring, and understanding staff here. My dad enjoys the meals he is given and he has a good sized room that gets weekly housekeeping. My dad is not yet doing activities but the offer it and outings too. I am happy with the care they provide.

Brookdale Cape Cod staff treat us like family.

Mom loves the food at this community and they help her with her dietary restrictions. I receive constant updates and it makes me feel like I have a team in place. They just did a large renovation and the community is beautiful. I would recommend this community. Mom also enjoys a lot of the activities offered.

Good helpful staff.

We have found that the people at Emeritus Cape Cod are very attentive and friendly and helpful. So far a good experience.

Nice place!

So far things have gone well with Emeritus at Cape Cod! I really appreciate the effort they put into making sure our loved one's transition was smooth and pleasant. The staff here are all very friendly and attentive, and the facility itself is well kept and clean.

Good food

The facility is old. The community is a very friendly place to live. It’s in a very convenient location. My parents are very happy there. The food is very good. There is good parking. It was just bought and the new owner is going doing some renovations which the building really needs.

We're Happy

My mom's been there for 2 weeks now. She's all moved in and getting to make some friends and loves their food.

She's not really using care services right now but the staff is great.

She wishes there were more bridge players but that is not something the community can control. My mom also wants the apartmens to be larger but she doesn't need a larger apartment. We're pretty happy.

whitehall was very nice and I met a c...

whitehall was very nice and I met a couple of women who showed me the place and had lunchalthogh every thing was very nice there was not much area to move around outside

I can't remember what we thought of t...

I can't remember what we thought of this place. Visited by the both of us

living at an Brookdale Senior Living community.

delight in showing you our home.

Our Family is Committed to Yours.