Keystone Place at Buzzards Bay - Buzzards Bay, MA

A lovely and caring facility

Keystone Place is a beautiful facility with friendly, caring and knowledgeable staff. The memory care unit is clean and bright with wide hallways and lovely seating areas. The food is consistently delicious. There are plenty of activities for the independent residents, but there is not always much going on in memory care - this is really my only complaint. My mother is taken out of the memory care unit often for appropriate activities and gets to interact with the independent and assisted care residents (a big plus!). The administration and nursing personnel are extremely responsive and helpful. They have all made my mother's experience as pleasant as possible.

Saying thank you

My mother has been at keystone since February. We are very happy with the staff at keystone. Friendly, always thinking a head to meet a need, and always respectful. My mother has many new friends and has joined many activities. This past week the theme was the royal wedding . A big thanks to [name removed] and [name removed] for all their hard work. My mother had so much fun. We know we picked the right place.
Sincerely
[name removed]

Not very professional staff, poor communication with "nurses" and caregivers

This review concerns mostly the Memory Care unit. Communication with nursing and care staff was poor. Staff told me what they thought I wanted to hear rather than what was actually going on. Screening before entry was haphazard. Options regarding medication management were not explained adequately. Finally, my husband proved to be a danger to staff and possibly other residents, and was removed to a local hospital emergency department. No one told me his lease had been terminated until a social worker at the hospital gave me the phone number of a low-level staff member at Keystone Place on the night shift who said he wasn't "allowed" to reveal his surname. A call to the Executive Director was never returned. The Director of Health and Wellness did call almost a week later but was impossible to find on site or to connect with during the two weeks of my husband's residence.

Father is Well

My father is well at this community. He is being cared for very well at this community. The staff is great.

A Well Rounded, Nice Community

This community is all around balanced with good qualities. My mom does not have any particular favorite thing that is here. It is very nice and clean all around the community and the staff are always pleasant. The food is good with selections and flavor. For the most part, we picked this community because she has some friends that live here. I am glad that it is going well for her.

Not enough space!

I liked the community except for the unit that my aunt needed. My aunt likes to walk and here there was barely any room to stand up. The place was to small. The set up was different and it just did not fit my aunt.

She likes the activities offered at Keystone!!!

The main issue I have with this community is that they ordered an assessment by a home health agency and did not notify us, otherwise the place is good. The staff are great with my mom. She is in a small memory care unit that is always nice and clean. The food seems ok and mom does not have any complaints. I would recommend this community but I would suggest checking into the communication first.

Very comforting and safe

The location and building is beautiful. It is comfortable, clean and feels like a home. The staff is friendly, warm, caring and extremely in tune with the residents. They get to know each resident and it feels like a family. We are very happy with the care they are giving our parents and are happy to encourage others to visit and take a tour. Kelly is fabulous and the nurses and Director of Health and Wellness go above and beyond. The General Manger Beth is there for the residents and their families anytime for question, help and or direction.