Southern Care Inc - Franklin, TN

Southern Care is a very friendly place and they do serve good food to their patients. However, there is a problem with cleanliness. My husband has been there for 2 weeks and I visit almost every day. However, the entrance locked door glass panes are always dirty. ALWAYS! Also, it seems housekeeping is kind of slack. Vacuuming is only minimum. I know because I bought some of the powder you use to take away odors in carpet, but where I sprinkled it is still there and in plain sight. They also are very slow at night especially to answer a patient's ring. My husband had to urinate but after 45 minutes of buzzing for help to the bathroom, he finally just went into his diaper. He has Parkinson's and cannot walk, so he needs help. There are many times I go to visit and his room is a disaster, bed not made, dirty clothes still in the hamper, etc. However, I have been told it is probably the same as most other places.

Above average facility!!

I think everything at this community is overall above average. They have a great staff team that accommodates my mothers needs as best as possible and makes sure she is comfortable in her new living environment. There has been no issues with the food and she has slowly started to participate in the activity program they have available. Overall we have no serious complaints and would recommend this place to anyone.

I stayed less than 60 seconds. The first impression was so bad I had to go. People are sitting in their wheelchairs all over the main room waiting for lunch. They looked unkempt, some without their dentures. Definitely not a place where I felt my loved one would get the care he needs.

Not want we want at all!

I really did not like this community at all. I would not send anyone that I know to this community. It was just very undesirable. There were gates everywhere so the residents could hardly walk around. The room was sub par and they had to share a bathroom down the hall. This was just not the place for us.

My wife was there on two occasions. The people were friendly. We lost clothes on both times and her prescription glasses on the last visit. We will be looking for a different place next time.

Comfortable, down-to-earth atmosphere

Our experience with Southern Care has been a good one, overall. We toured quite a few facilities in the area, and I liked the homey down to earth atmosphere they had here. They provide excellent care at all levels, including hospice care, and the price is very reasonable for the level of care they provide. It's just a really nice place, overall.

Amazing environment and flow

They have created a very amazing and beautiful flow to their facility. They have made it feel very warm and cozy as well as open and inviting at the same time.

Rooms

I enjoyed the feel of the facility. When my family and I visited we got a tour from one of the staff and we saw that although this place was nice we didn't agree with some of the rooms and for that reason we continued our search.

Atmosphere

The main thing i would have to say would be the best attribute about Southern Care is the perfect atmosphere

Unhappy there

My sister was very unhappy there and that is all I want to say. This was not the place for us.

The only thing that I didn't like was the way the showers were set up.

We checked this place out. The only thing that I didn't like was the way the showers were set up. The showers were shared with another person, you had a private toilet and a door that led to the shared shower. It was just a bit of a turn off for us.

Friendly and Caring

What a wonderful care facility and an amazing staff!
It feels like a large caring family and such a homey atmosphere.
Mom is very happy there which was a concern at first as she has not been away from her family or friends for all of her 93 years.
The services they offer cover almost all needs and they are always willing to help find assistance if they are not able to provide it.
We are so fortunate to have been referred here through a referral from A Place For Mom.

Plain, simple, good care

We were really happy with our experience at Southern Care. While it's probably not the place to be if you want Persian rugs and chandeliers, it is the place to be if you want kind, courteous care for your loved ones. It will be our first choice should we need care solutions for other family members in the future.

This facility is very old and for the most part the residents seemed to be sad. Almost all of them were in wheelchairs. The rooms are very small, with shared bathrooms in most of them. I did not get a good feeling about this facility.

A very nice facility

My mom has only been in the facility for a short time . I think this facility offers a more personal atmosphere.The staff has been very kind and helpful. I would recommend this facility to others.

Very nice looking community

They've done a great job at Southern Care so far. It's a nice looking community, and the staff have all been very friendly. The staff all really seem happy, and to enjoy what they do, which really puts the residents and their families at ease. Every time I have visited during a meal the food has looked great! I also appreciated that they were willing to work with us financially.

They weren't very inviting. It was dingey and dark.

They weren't very inviting. It was dingey and dark. The floors were dirty. It was also very expensive. This is not a community I was even willing to consider.

I went by Southern Care ...

I went by Southern Care this afternoon. Very quaint. I saw the one room that they had available and the lady showing me the room quoted me a price of $3,200.

We Will Use Them Again

My mom is not one to participate in activities. I know they have a fair amount and a variety planned. She went to one musical program. We used them for respite care and I've already called them to use them again. I think that says it all. We were very satisfied. It's a smaller place. They probably don't have 50 or 60 residents so it's not overwhelming like some other places.

It was more like a nursing home. Fac...

It was more like a nursing home. Facility was showing it's age. Rooms either shared a shower or shared a commode and shower. 15% of residents were on hospise care. Smelled like nursing home in places. Director was very knowledgeable, caring place, but certainly not a fit for her. We checked pricing for comparison purposes and their prices were $2,900 / mo which included all medical care. This made us feel better about the $3,500 price range that we targeted assuming we can find a way to fund it via additional VA payments.

Best Choice for her needs. Hope to mo...

Best Choice for her needs. Hope to move her there this week. THANK you for all the help. What a wonderful service, with staff's compassionate touch that made all the difference.

old building; depressing environment;...

old building; depressing environment; affordable; 24/7 nurse

Pricing includes all. Assist with bathing, meals, snacks, activities, medication administration. Full time licensed Nurse. 24 hr staffing. Assistance with ADLs.