Belvedere Commons of Franklin - Franklin, TN

Was very friendly and welcoming; a little too "open" for my husband's tastes.

I toured this community

I went on a tour here and the staff was helpful. They were not pushy. They answered all of my questions. The people are super friendly and the cost was great. The appearance was faded and the lighting was dark, I recommend families tour many places so they can compare.

An ok community

The person that took us on tour was great and helpful. This is an older community that did not feel very bright and cheery. I think their decor could use some brighter colors as it did not feel very inviting. I did not think the layout of the community would work for my loved one.

LOOKING FOR MEMORY CARE ONLY!

This is a very quaint property and a bit aged. There are two buildings one for assisted care in the other is called the village for memory care.
The buildings age is reflected in narrow hallways but also has a very homey feel. There are three sections that house about 10 rooms each and open up into the hallway that leads to a common area with a lunch counter style sitting area for meals and activities with tables placed at various areas. Each section is dedicated one for males, one for females, and one for combination.
The three sections open into a common hallway that they are able to go into and enter any of the sections they wish to, but they need to be able to be able to grasp the doorhandle and open it. Otherwise the doors stay closed. There is access to outdoor areas with lush vegetation.

The rooms are tiny, and able to convert into double occupancy rooms. However, even with a semi wall separating the two beds the room becomes very cramped and the roommates very close to each other when they sleep.
We feel on mom would not have the presence of mind to open any doors to explore and would feel closed-in by the tight surroundings around her.
Staff appeared to be very nice and competent.

Company:
License:
Combined Assisted Care and Memory Care? YES
Our Memory Care is a separate building from our Assisted Living.
# of rooms: 30
20 associates that have been here between 3-15 years
Medical staff:
Caregiver Ratio:

It was dated!

Belvedere Commons was an older facility. The staff was all very nice and friendly, but it was in need of some updating. Because of that it came across as not maintained very well.

Doesn't work for us - doesn't provide advanced services needed for mom.

Unacceptable Care

We have had a horrible experience with this facility on the assisted living side. The care is very minimal, the hygiene care is terrible if your loved one needs help with bathroom needs. Yes the staff has been there a long time, but they also have become very complacent in their jobs and it seems they are above reproach with any complaints. I would never recommend this facility for your loved ones care. There are way to many options out there to give this facility the time of day. I normally do not give bad reviews but I do not want another family to go through what we have with the unacceptable care our loved one has been given. They also do not keep the residents rooms cleaned and the bathrooms are not kept clean. A very unsatisfied family.

My gut feeling!

We really have had a good experience with this community. I feel that this place is a breath of fresh air. Literally because the last place was horrible. I always have to clean my dads bathroom when I go in because I do not think that they clean everyday. The staff is awesome and super good at what they do. Dad is participating in a few activities, but not because of lack of not trying. I just have always had a good feeling about this community.

We use Belvedere for day care services for my grandmother with dementia. She loves it and so do we!

A Very Nice Community, They Are Taking Good Care Of my Mother In Law

So far everything is working out pretty well for my mother in law here at this community. We know she is safe and being cared for well. They have a lovely staff here, they have been very helpful and attentive. They do a good job with keeping the community and her room well maintained. She is getting involved in the community and trying some of the activities offered. She is pleased with the food, they serve nice meals. This is a community I would recommend, it has worked out well for us.

Highly Recommend

Had to find a place quick and move quickly to get my dad into a facility. EVERY single person helped make this happen in a time frame that impressed me and those around me.

I would recommend Belvedere highly because since that initial contact, EVERY nurse, support staff, resident and volunteer has helped above what we have needed.

Friendly and caring place.

Belvedere Commons of Franklin is a very family feeling kind of place. Everyone is friendly and caring, both the caregivers and the residents. My mother is doing great, she likes it there. They have bible study, bingo, aerobics class, they do birthday parties. She also seems okay with the food.

pretty great place

My mother has only been here for a couple months, but so far it has been awesome. The staff are very caring and attentive people. Management is terrific. Every time we visit my mother she is happy and smiling.

Very satisfied

Having my father in law here has been a blessing. Caring for him at home became increasingly difficult and the entire staff made the transition experience a good one. The admissions counselor was very supportive and provided some great, compassionate supportive counseling to family members that struggled with this at first. He is healthier than he has been in months, cared for, safe and we have peace of mind. Well worth the cost of care.

Loving Belvedere

Belvedere has been a great relief to me and my brothers. Mom improved physically right away because of the activities and opportunities for walking. The caregivers have been caring and attentive, and the facilities have been clean and inviting.

very well pleased

My mother was only there at Belvedere Commons of Franklin for a few weeks, but during the time that she was there she was very happy. We were very well pleased with the facility and the staff.

Nice place, very friendly people

Our experience with Belvedere Commons of Franklin has been a very good one so far. They've really gone out of their way to help her get comfortable and settled in, and even introduced her to a few people they thought she'd get along with socially. It is a nice looking place, and the people are all very friendly.

Nice place for the most part, could use more staff at night

I think for the most part they do a fine job at Belvedere Commons, the facility itself is well kept and clean, and the staff work hard to take care of the people who live here. Unfortunately it has not been a great fit for us, as the level of care they are able to deliver isn't quite at the level my loved one needs. They are able to provide for him just fine during the day, but their staffing levels at night do not allow them to keep a close eye on him. We are having to bring in additional assistance to make sure he is watched at night.

Two separate buildings for assisted living and memory care - no integration of residents at all. One attendant was wheeling a resident to lunch, she got distracted by our conversation with the manager and just walked away from him in the hall without a word. In memory care, an aide walked up behind a resident in a wheelchair, grabbed her by the shoulder and wheeled her somewhere else without saying a word - the resident was understandbly startled, but there was no engagement or apology. No thanks, I could not see my mother there.

Everything is great about this commun...

Everything is great about this community! The price is high, but all of the options in the area were around the exact same price, so it's comprable. My loved one hasn't complained about the food. It's not gourmet, but there's nothing wrong with it. They do lots of special things too - they go out to lunch, go get slushies, take trips to get pie... There was an issue with some healthcare related tests, where they really just didn't happen. We will give them the benefit of the doubt though, and just hope it doesn't happen again. Our choice came down to two options, and the courtyard and outdoor area really set this one apart from the other!

Nice place, overall

We toured this location when we were looking into options for our loved one. We were very pleased with everything here! The staff were friendly and professional, and it looked like the care and activities they provided would be very food! One problem we noticed was that although the common areas and front entrance were nice, the hallways and rooms looked a bit shabbier, and could probably use recarpeting.

2.4 miles (7 minutes) from our home. ...

2.4 miles (7 minutes) from our home. 3rd facility visited. Facility is located off of a busy street in Franklin area, but recessed so you don't feel like your on street. Two 1 story facilities (1 memory care, 1 assisted living). Entrance opens into a large waiting area with administrative offices on either side. Director toured, She was very business like, touring facilities, showing us menu, activities schedule, confirming pricing that she had already confirmed for us. Our tour felt more rushed here. The facilities and rooms were very nice, comparable with the 1st two facilities. One thing I recall as unique was that she showed us the laundry room and stated that residents can do their own laundry if they prefer providing more independence to those who want it. It felt more like I was selecting an apartment rather than being sold on the quality of the care & living provided at the facility. While waiting to talk with Medical Supervisor, we sat in a room which had notes posted to employees from the executive director. They were notes [removed] "Overtime has become an issue... reviewing employee procedures for clocking in/out.." Raises concerns that he's not hands on and has to communicate via memo's and postings with the staff. The level of care costs vary based upon condition of patient from $200 - $1,000 per month.

It is clean, neat, and the employees ...

It is clean, neat, and the employees are helpful and friendly.

very nicely furnished - overall impre...

very nicely furnished - overall impression very positive.