South Breeze Assisted Living by Americare - Memphis, TN

Nice facility!

Things are going just fine for my loved one at South Breeze! The facility is clean and the staff are very friendly ad polite! My loved one receives plenty of healthy meal options and he is receiving the care that he needs.

My visit this facility was helpful. The location is good for me, the contact person was informative and pleasant, and I found the facility to be clean, comfortable, and overall a good place to place a loved one.

No Complaints!!

I really enjoyed my stay at this community, the meals where delicious and the activities where always fun and exciting. The house keeping team always made sure I had a clean room and fresh bed sheets. The nursing care team was also great they made sure I was comfortable and felt right at home.

Let's Party!

The people here are just wonderful. They are really caring and super friendly. Sometimes they do have a few set backs with scheduling of the staff. The food is great and my loved one is adapting. They offer plenty to do with the residence. My loved one loves the happy hour and the live entertainment that they provide. The activities director is great with the residence. The price is also very affordable.

My Dad's Experience

This community has more men and outings like fishing. They also provide activities and he is participating in some. He has not complained about the meals and the facility is kept clean. The community was willing to provide assistance and now the level of his care has lessened. I am happy with the care here.

Robert Wetsel

Thank you for your kind words. Our staff works very hard every day to ensure a great customer experience. Our men’s programs are quite popular – and point to our person-centered approach. We will share your comments with our staff.

My Dad Is Very Well Here

My father is doing well here. I'am pleased with his move here. The community looks great, they do a good job with the cleanliness. They have lovely staff here. He enjoys the activities. The meals are nice, he is pleased with the meals. Overall it is a very nice place and I would recommend it.

So far it's working out quite well.

So far it's working out quite well. We have no complaints at all. She has been very happy there. They were right in line price wise with other similar options in the area. I would give them a five.

We began Moms residency with excitement and hope, for a successful transition to assisted living. During my parent's stay, we were disappointed and concerned with the level of care she was given on a daily basis. She was left in her room for long periods of time unattended, she suffered several falls attempting to leave her room, or get to the bathroom. Getting her up in the morning was very combative, in part to the inexperience of the caregivers. The quality and nutritional value of the food served was a constant concern. The administration made several promises in regard to care giving upon signing the contract, then reneged on those promises. Also there seemed to be constant turnover with staff and administration. Responsiveness is not a strong point.

There was little to no daily activities for the residents. It was a sad situation to observe for all the residents.

After several months of hoping for improvements we moved Mom to a new facility and pleased to say she is thriving. Hopefully under the new management that is now in place the care of the patients has improved.

Clean and Friendly

My loved one is in the South Breeze part of the Arbors. I’d like to see more personnel there. I’d like to see a nurse on duty twenty-four hours a day. It’s a clean community and the staff is very friendly.

Did not like

I didn't like the feeling I got here. I feel like they treated us very unprofessionally. The place was beautiful, and the man we worked with was friendly, but they obviously decided the moment we walked in that they didn't want my loved one there. No effort was put into the tour, they didn't even want to do an assessment of her needs. They just didn't seem willing to work with us at all.

I did tour this facility an...

I did tour this facility and am keeping it on my short list.

This new 3-acre campus is located in the Southwind/Germantown area of Memphis and is scheduled to open mid to late July, 2013.

Sikeston-based Americare owns and operates 2 other communities in the area, Schilling Gardens Assisted Living in Collierville, TN and Olive Grove Terrace in Olive Branch, MS. The company also owns and operates nearly 100 other senior living communities throughout 4 other states.

South Breeze Assisted Living is a 28-unit, single-story residence. The intimate 20,000 square-foot floor plan puts dining and common living space within a short walk from each resident's living quarters. South Breeze offers five floor plans ranging from a studio to 2-bedroom.

South Breeze is located in one of the most desirable communities in the Mid-South to live and work, Germantown. There are first rate schools, attractive office parks, great restaurants, shopping and a wide range of housing opportunities; together they contribute in making the standard of living in Germantown unrivaled.

Your job is living life to the fullest. Ours is helping you do just that. The primary job description of our personal assistants? Provide what you need and when you need it. We also realize that anyone's need for help varies day to day. From simple reminders to an extra pair of hands or a shoulder to lean on. Just let us know.

Behind the scenes, a full-time licensed nurse provides oversight. Plus doubles as a health services coordinator concerning every resident's planning and care needs. The nurse makes sure that each person receives the right level of support with minimal intrusion - both from our staff and from outside resources like home health or rehabilitation. Residents can receive assistance around the clock.

Of all meals, breakfast most reflects your life-style. we serve an informal, stroll-in breakfast, with meals cooked to order daily. Lunch and supper are served restaurant-style. We accommodate special menu requests and prescribed dietary requirements.

Keeping house may not be exciting, but we do come through daily to tidy things up. And we have a regular schedule of routine deep cleaning in each room. We try to live up to your own high standards. Including the laundry. We know how folks are about their clothes, and we'll treat your wardrobe with extra care.

We encourage togetherness, but never force it. You can still actively participate in your own community.

Our admission counseling services are comprehensive. Our Eldercare Advisor helps guide the family through all of the care options available to them as well as through the maze of paperwork involved.