Riverdale Assisted Living - Memphis, TN

Good visit just too far from my home

Beautiful Place to Live!!!

Riverdale Assisted Living is a WONDERFUL place. The staff are caring and the facility is clean and decorated beautifully.
The residents are happy and there always seems to be a lot of activities for them to get involved in. I feel that my loved one is safe and very well cared for and that make me happy!!!

Really bad neighborhood

This was not a good tour for us. The community was an older one, not as well kept up and the neighborhood was very bad. In fact, we did not even finish the tour.

Independent care

This was a nice community for care. We liked the staff who were always wanting to make sure that they were able to watch where she going at all time. The community is clean and well maintained. This community is pet-friendly which is great for her to have by her side. The community is clean and they offer a lot of healthy meals. We would highly recommend this community for the excellent care and value for other families and their love ones.

Could Use A Lot Of Improvement!!

The Riverdale Assisted living is overall a good community but has some flaws. I am concerned with my loved one's hygiene. I have brought up the issue to the staff and it seems to be getting better. Also, the cleanliness of the community could use some work overall. The meals are in good portions and smell good. I would like to see the staff taking my loved one outside more, I always just see the residents in their rooms during my visits.

The community is clean!!

This community is good for the price. It has all the amenities and my parents are doing well. The food is brought in from off site. I have not seen a lot of activities available when I visit. The staff are helpful and answer our questions.

Wonderful Community

I had a nice tour of this community. The community looked nice and clean. The rooms are nice and big. The staff was very helpful and kind. They offer many activities through out the day. I got to try a mean and the food is good. It was a great experience, but unfortunately it was a bit expensive for my budget.

Mrs. [Removed] was very helpful. The facilities are nice. We loved the idea that the nurse station is in the center of the facility. How they can see down every hallway from there. Also, they have cameras stationed for your families protection. Wonderfully set up.They are renovating. Taking out carpeting, and putting in tile. Unfortunately, I don't think we will be choosing this place. There are so many women. We think Dad would thrive better with men he can relate to.

Riverdale did not follow through on what they advertised!!

My wife was only at this community for about 4 days. I do not think they were giving her her medications on time. They did not seem to operate like they had advertised. They have a list of activities but they did not happen and the activities person just came in and sat in the office. The grounds have cigarette butts all over it.

food portions need to be bigger

My brother does not participate in any of the activities there that I'm aware of. There has been a couple of issues there but it has been my brothers fault. They have to prepare food for him and he complains about it. He was used to living with his friend and preparing his own meals, where as here they provide him with the meals. They give him small portions when he needs bigger portions.

Very nice. Very small rooms. No on site nurse - shift work. $[removed] over what we are paying now for independent living. trying to get ahold of MS. Bo Bo, per Lana @ Riverdale. Hopefully she can help me with the MEDICADE sign up.

very pleased

They do everything really well at Riverdale Assisted Living . My dad is on hospice care there right now and they are taking very good care of him.

My only complaint is that they keep on losing some of his clothes.

Other than that everything has been great. Everyone there is very nice and professional and we have been very pleased with them.

Friendly, attentive care staff

They've done a fantastic job so far at Riverdale Assisted Living, we have been very pleased with it! The staff here are all very friendly, caring, and attentive, and they do a great job looking out for the people who live here. It's a very nice place, overall!

Attentive and friendly staff!

We're really impressed with the job they do at Riverdale Assisted Living, we really like it! The staff are very attentive, and are very good in the way they work with the residents. They take great care of everyone! The facility itself is clean and comfortable, and has a warm friendly atmosphere. It's a bit farther away from us than other locations we looked at, but they do such a good job we don't really mind the longer drive.

Perfect fit

Riverdale has been a wonderful fit for my mother so far. The entire community is well-run, and even though it is different from many other communities I have seen, it works very well for the residents that are there. It is quieter and not very lively, but this is very accommodating for the residents that live there. Open community spaces are warm and inviting. The staff has been very helpful and nice along the way. There is also a very wide variety of food options available, and I have been very impressed by all of the meals I have seen so far. Riverdale was the best pick for my mother's personal wants and needs, and it has been great so far!

I am very happy with Riverdale assist...

I am very happy with Riverdale assisted living .. They are keeping my mom active and healthy .. I am so glad that Jill told me about it ...for the first time in years I am sleeping again ...

I think the staff is outstanding

My wife has been in the facility for 12 days. I have been impressed with the care staffs efforts and believe they are sincere in their concern for the needs of residents. The staff is professional and hard working. I feel that my wife is safe & happy in this new environment. The assisted care is good & effective in keeping the building & rooms clean.

We are so thankful

We are still new to Riverdale Assisted Living but so far everyone has been really nice.
It's a very nice & clean facility.
The room is much larger than the one our Great Aunt had been in before. The price per month is almost 1/2 .. That helps tremendously & they are the one place to accept Choices thru Medicaid .. We are so thankful Jill @ A Place For Mom for helping us find Riverdale.

Living at Riverdale Assisted Living

At Riverdale Assisted Living The Staff is very nice and friendly.very eager to assist you with your transformation of your love ones.They are very Professional. I like that fact that they tries to make the patients feel at home and be comfortable as much as possible.

Riverdale Assisted Living provides each resident with the help that they need to live their life. Our staff has been trained to help out those that are in need of memory care, and they know how to provide the best help to those that are facing Alzheimer’s and dementia. Our staff is available at all hours of the day and night, so that our residents can know that someone is there when they need help or if an emergency situation arises. Our staff is dedicated to our residents, and they will treat each one with the respect that they deserve.