Legacy Assisted Living and Memory Care at Lenox - Memphis, TN

Review

This place is very unorganized and understaffed. The staff is friendly, but not on top of things. I moved my mom her in December and it was not a month before all of these things start happening. Very unprofessional. My mother medicine was stolen. Later I had my mother land line turned on so went to plug in her phone, the phone was gone. Her telephone was stolen as well. This place also stinks. The meals are pitiful. After work when I go to check on my mother she is always hunger. Please do not put your loved one here, You pay for what you get and the service is unacceptable. They advertise activities, but there are none. No interaction with the residents at all.

We decided to relocate my brother here from another community in the area and so far things are going well. The staff is very friendly and attentive. The community and housekeeping is kept up. My brother enjoys the food. They offer many activities. My brother seems to be much happier and so am I.

Loving Care

This community is out standing for my mom. She is very happy with the care that she is receiving. The food is very good and she is pleased with the variety of choices that are served everyday. . They offer alot of activities and my mom is very happy with participating in so many of them. the rooms and the community is well kept and very clean. I would highly recommend this community for the great care and value that they give here for anyone who needs loving care.

Poor service/medication problems

Last Sunday the nurse on duty refused to give my mom her medicine I contact the state department caused she put her hand on me push me and slam the door not only that the state just had step in caused the book were not in contact they had just fine legency estate then one of the work witness them swapped memory care medicine with other assist living attending contact the state department on that issue as well today at 6:55 pm they still haven't gave my mom her night time medicine ms [removed] said thank you for the reviews ms [removed] told mom she will not give her any more medicine as long as she on duty one nurse on the assist side one nurse on the memory care side then the issue at ten o'clock at night contact the state on issues and took pictures of mom room mom were inform that state will deal with this matter first hand

Poor service

I thank a place for mom very much it's not you all its the home for mom that is not up to standard with what you all say. Legacy has very poor service, the food is very bad, the caretaker and nurse are of poor service. Legacy have a bad reputation don't take my word I noticed the abuse center just to go in there thru the week day doing the afternoon shift and on weekends its poor quality service they don't wash my moms clothes or clean the room I had to change my mom bed on several occasions and sweep the floor everyday I go out there better business don't have good services on this company they give these moms ham sandwiches cold cold cold food

Legacy at Lenox Park Assisted Living

We have been very pleased with the care my Father is receiving at Legacy at Lenox Park Assisted Living. The Staff is attentive and caring. I feel good knowing my Dad is safe, and being taken care of. He loves the food and tells me how good the Staff is to him. They have made his transition to assisted living less stressful.

Friendly and caring

The posted activities in dementia care facility are not real, have asked 4 times for them to wash my husbands hair and I can only hope they have today. I will check.

My loved one is new to the facility but so far our experience has been fine.

New to the facility but so far my loved one has been pleased with the facility.

They were very helpful and very professional with me.

They were very helpful and very professional with me. My father had a major stroke. He is not able to walk, talk, and do most things. They take very good care of him. One day I told them I was going to pick him up early to go to church. They had him ready to go. They gave him his medications. I would recommend this facility. They were there when I needed them. This was the only place that had resperate care.

A little disappointed

The location for Greenfield has worked for me; although maintenance needs work; they don't fix things. Around six weeks after we moved in, they said they'd put grab-bars in the showers which hasn't happened and I've put in two requests. The toilet runs, and I've put in two requests for that as well, still nothing; there's also a ceiling fan in the dining room that wobbles so much you can't use it, again I made a request for it to be worked on with no results.

A very good experience

The only concern I have is that they don't send me a bill. I have to call up there each month to see how much I owe. Other than that, It has been a pretty good experience. The facility is really clean. There aren't any odors. Everyone is very friendly. The staff is really nice and caring. The value and the care services are excellent. I can't rate the activities because I am not sure about that. My mother doesn't participate in them.

They are doing fine so far.

They are doing fine so far. The management is changing, but I think it will be okay. They have some really nice staff there, and some of them are staying after the change. I haven't had any major concerns up to this point though.

The facility is neat inside it has a nice touch like a home would. I am happy about it and so is my family member. The staff here are very caring and opening and always happy to be there. If I ever have a question about my family member they are their to answer. If there something isnt right then they come to me which is great.

Our (my granddaughter & I)visit to Greenfield was very good. The atmosphere, the residents, the staff were all welcoming. We loved the fact that mom would be able to continue her daily cup of coffee on her very own, screened in patio during the warm months. This will be one of our deciding features while touring. The rooms were spacious enough. The amenities provided by this community seem to be good as well.

Friendly staff. Facility and court yard laid out nicely. Staffing level seemed a bit light ...possibly due to holidays. Facility certainly appeared adequate but was not our number one choice.

great

Greenfield Assisted Living at Lenox Park has been great. They take really good care of my aunt and she loves it. If ever there is any issue needing attention they are right on top of it. They have been great.

Very nice community!

We really couldn't be happier with how things are going here, the staff have all been wonderful. It's a lovely facility, she is in the independent living section, Greenfield Senior Residences. The apartments are very nice, and the facility it all one floor. My loved one really liked that each unit has a screened in porch, so she can sit outside in privacy. The staff are all very friendly, and they really care about the residents and know everyone by name. They also have a lot of safety features that I like. There are emergency call button necklaces available, and all of the staff are CPR trained and can assist residents until emergency personnel arrive. They have a maintenance person who lives on-site, and takes care of any requests right away. I would highly recommend them to anyone looking into senior living for their loved one!

Connie Clem

Thank you so much for your lovely review.

The 2nd tour was great. Ms....

The 2nd tour was great. Ms. Emma Holliman gave us a great tour, she was very nice and informative. The rooms were big with private bathrooms, this community also had a separate area for Memory care residence. It has security, home-like, clean and friendly environment. I would love for my Mom to live there. Our tour was May 16, 2014 at 1:00 p.m.

We love them there. It's even less expensive than where she was before. The food is pretty good. We haven't had any complaints or issues since we have been there. They have one side that's independent and one side that is assisted. They have bingo and other activities, happy hour everyday, they had a party and a band came. I would want to go here when I get to that age. It has been great! I highly recommend them.

We love it here!

We love it here! This is such a good fit for my loved one! The people that work here are so attentive and really seem to care! The chef does an amazing job at putting out great food! My loved one's physical health has improved since he's been here! We really couldn't be happier!

Very nice place

Overall we're very happy with this place. The care really is amazing, and the staff are all very compassionate and professional. I have noticed a few issues, which I have brought up to them, and they seem to be working hard on correcting them. The first is that the memory care unit seems a bit understaffed, and the second is that we've had some difficulties in communication between the caregivers and my family. But other than these details they're doing an excellent job, and it really gives me a sense of peace knowing my Mom is safe and well cared for.

They didn't seem to underst...

They didn't seem to understand why I was there when I arrived or that I had an appointment. The place looked OK, and the rooms were quite large. A few patients were in the halls, but everyone seemed to be behind closed doors. The only activity was in the Memory wing.

Some of the staff is friendly and some are very quiet....

Some of the staff is friendly and some are very quiet and could be friendlier. The food is a three, there are a lot of the same foods over and over. I remember on the very first day we came, we didn't know when to go to dinner or where to sit, it would be nice to have a welcoming committee to show you around and show you the way things work. We liked that they had a patio and that it doesn't have stairs, it's not a high rise. There are really no stores or anything close enough that you can walk to. The administration, the director, the community relations person is wonderful, if you do have a problem, you can go to them, they are pretty accommodating.

Greenfield Senior Living was a life s...

Greenfield Senior Living was a life saver for our family. My mother is transitioning well to the facility and her new environment. She is thriving, making new friends, and maintaining a certain level of independence. Her quality of life continues to improve each and every day thanks to the wonderful, caring staff at Greenfield Senior Living.

We Love It!

They are clean. Very friendly. They care so much. In comparison to what else is offered, they are a good value. He is not getting any care services from them right now. It is $200 more a month for medical care, but it is available. They have exercise get togethers. He doesn't do somethings because it is mostly women. He has the smallest apartment available, the studio with a large entrance so that it easy to maneuver. It doesn't have a balcony, but others do. Typical of a building built in its day, but it has new carpet and was recently redecorated. What really strikes me is the way that they feed the people there. They try to get them to the table all the time, but they have several different dining rooms and they will even cook food to their order. That surprised me! I was expecting a strict menu. They are very accommodating so that if you can't make meals they will come and get you, and let you eat early or late. The housekeeping staff checks on the residents every two hours during the day.

Not Too Impressed

I was not really impressed with Greenfield. They are in the process of remodeling. It didn't seem to be nearly on the level of professionalism as the other places I saw and ti was a little bit older so that was why we chose another place.

good prices - 1950/semi pri...

good prices - 1950/semi priv + 950 for inc level of care + up to $300/incontinence. Lisa offered to send RN tomorrow to do assessment.

This is my top choice. Having all my...

This is my top choice. Having all my sisters medical records forwarded to facility as well as ALF care docs for them to review and advise if they will accept her and the cost.

Do not want to be in the area but fou...

Do not want to be in the area but found out some people from her church are here.

We understand that this is home for our residents, and we are guests in their home. We provide a safe and maintenance-free community so residents are able to go to activities, work on their hobbies or however they would like to spend their retirement years.