South Austin Assisted Living - Austin, TX

[name removed] and his wife, the owners of the facility, were a delight to talk to about placement options for my mother. Their medical backgrounds provided me with a sense of confidence that my mother, who has multiple health issues, would be welcomed and safely cared for. The facility looked clean, efficiently run, and employees were friendly and welcoming. Will definitely consider South Austin Assisted Living when I am able to convince my mother and family that it is time to move. Thank you.

Like Home

I chose this community because it was a smaller community in a house. So more one on one care. He is bed bound so there isn't much he can actually do. So he loves food and visits from friends. The food could use some improving and they are trying to accommodate him as best as they can. It stays clean and there is no smells. I would recommend this place.

A very Caring Place

My mother was at South Austin Assisted Living in hospice for a short time but for the few days she was there she was under great care. My mother had memory issues along with being ill and we had looked at some of the large facilities and they would not have been a good fit for my mother's situation. It gave me great peace of mind to have my mom stay at South Austin Assisted Living even though it was for a short time she was taken care of by caring people and I would definitely recommend this place to everyone who has a loved one that needs some care. I feel very lucky to have come across the senioradvisor.com website and then connected to A Place For Mom site which led us to find out about this facility.

Very clean, very attentive and very caring

They did an excellent job the week my father was there. They were very clean, very attentive and very caring. There is another lady there that we visited with some and I don't think they have many activities from what I heard, so they might try to improve that. They went through a lot of trouble to prepare my father's food, since he was on a special diet, which we appreciated and we felt he was always kept very clean while he was there.

Best Experience

My brother who is a doctor has terminal illness and he was staying in one of the 5 star nursing home in Austin,Tx. The staffing is not there for his needs. We are looking for a small place that can meet his needs. We found South Austin Assisted Living! It's a residential assisted living. The owners are knowledgeable with what they are doing the fact that they are both in medical field. A retired. ICU nurse and a retired physician. My bother passed away with the best care he deserves from the owner and caring staff. They knew he is not gonna last long but they took him not for the money but a resting peaceful last few days of his life. I cannot say more. Their price is reasonable for the care they rendered.

I'll give this facility 10 stars! The owners are very knowledgable and passionate with their mission. The caregivers are loving and dedicated with their work. They go above and beyond with my expectations in all areas. My dad is always clean and never had a bedsore not even once.

Just like being at home

I cried when I visited this home because I finally found a place I felt comfortable trusting with my 87 year old severely mobility impaired mother in. She seems very happy and I can sleep now knowing she has excellent 24 hour care. The staff has been very kind and attentive to my mother and she gets along very well with all of them. I am so glad I took the advice of my relatives who have had to go through this and placed my mother in a privately run home with a very low ratio of staff to residents. I know she will not be "lost" in the crowd and will receive one-on-one attention constantly.

I was not impressed.

I was not impressed. It was less expensive but not as high quality as I had hoped.

Great Owners!

The activities really do not apply to my loved one. As for the value, they seem to be fairly comparable to others. It's a little more than previous places, but the ratio of care is much better, and for what we're getting overall, it's fairly good!

I think one area of improvement could be the communication with the family. Sometimes, it seems like the care staff can't really update us on progress and daily issues, or just how things are going, so we have to call the owners or hospice to get an update.

However, we did really like that it is very much like a home here. It's less institutional and very warm, inviting, and comfortable.

Also, the Filipino couple that own it have a strong medical background. The man was a physician in the Philippines, so he can communicate well with doctors. The wife is a former ICU nurse. Their medical care is very coordinated here.

One thing that blew me away was the owner's wife's compassion. When my loved one was agitated, she sat there in the middle of the night and held his hand and sang to him. She didn't give him more medicine to sedate him, but instead, really went above and beyond.

Friendly, Helpful, Expensive

They were very friendly and very helpful but they were too expensive for my parents.

Expensive but Great Value

The care is priceless. By comparison to where she was, I think she's eating better, more nutritious meals and is being better taken care of. As far as cost I know it's higher but I guess the value of it is better. She's got more attention. There are like 4 residents and plenty of staff to take care of that many people. The activities are very minimal but she can't participate anymore in things that involve taking direction.

They're very much about fall prevention. It's a house in a neighborhood rather than a facility.

$5000 = starting pt. 6 care-givers t...

$5000 = starting pt. 6 care-givers total 2 on duty @ night Level "B" they can meet needs of bedridden if necessary.

Licensed Type B Assisted Living Facility with personalized 1:3 care ratio. Owned and operated by Medical Professionals, a retired MD and a Licensed ICU Nurse.

A better alternative to traditional nursing homes in a home-like setting located in a safe and quiet neighborhood.Convenietly located off of Mopac (Loop 1) South and Slaughter Lane.

Affordable price that provides excellent care in a safe and clean home.