CareOne at Somerset Valley Assisted Living - Bound Brook, NJ

Staff is great and trying their best, the problems are in doctors who are visiting this facility, unproductive and unresponsive.... administration should be more careful in selection of the doctors. But the stuff, nurses and CNA are really great.

Father Is In Good Hands

So far everything is working out pretty well since my fathers move to this community. He is doing okay, and I'am comfortable with his move to this facility. They have a nice staff, and they are taking good care of him. This is a good, safe community, and I would recommend it.

Homey and Comfortable

CareOne at Somerset is a clean and inviting community. It is very homey and comfortable for my mom. The staff, for the most part, are very friendly, there are a few who are not. I do wish they could give a more detailed update of the residents when we call to see how they are doing, some of our family members do not live close by. We understand they are busy so maybe it's asking too much. The food is good, she cannot eat on her own, the staff is very willing to help feed her and she is eating well. We are extremely happy with all of the activities and events they provide for her, it definitely keeps her engaged. She loves singing and social hour before dinner. They have ice cream socials and she loves to participate. The great thing I love about this place is even though they are a locked facility all the residents help each other, I see residents helping each other, either to push other residents in wheel chairs to get them to and from places. They seem like a warm and caring family. I would highly recommend CareOne at Somerset Valley.

Comfort for Mom!

We are very happy with my mother's stay at CareOne! The staff are sure to cater to my mother's needs and teh facility is nice! There are also many healthy food options for my mother to choose from. Overall, this is a very nice facility!

CareOne? More like CareNONE!

It was a horrible experience for my father at this place, While he was in rehab they came and assessed him. They told us they would be able to take care of him. Within 3 hours of moving in, he fell and ended up in the Emergency Room. They did not have an alarm for him in his room, he fell several other times. I even had to pay extra to have a caregiver with him 12 hours a day. I would not recommend this place to anyone.

DON'T send your Dementia/Alzheimer's familty member to CareOne

If only I could give CareOne a zero star! My father has advanced Alzheimer's disease. Following a hospital stay, the director of nursing from CareOne went to visit my father at the rehab to assess if CareOne would be able to care for his needs. The director was given full access to the nursing notes at the rehab and advised me that they would indeed be able to care for him. Once moved in, dad had 3 falls in 5 days due to the lack of supervision and required me to have a 12 hr. companion while he was awake to assure he did not fall. The cost of a companion adds $1,500 weekly to the already high cost of care but I was willing to help with his transition. They were unable to properly manage his prescriptions in order to address his agitation and most days he was either agitated or drugged up and unresponsive until he was sent back to the hospital. I was notified that he would need Geri Med Mgmt. The hospital diagnosed him with delirium from overdosing of his meds. The hospital also felt CareOne was not capable of caring for my dad based on the prescription issue and the 3 falls in 5 days. I have since moved my father to a facility that specializes in Alzheimer's patients and in less than a week, he is thriving. He is more alert, eating well and carrying on conversations with visitors and residents. I would not recommend CareOne to anyone that has an Alzheimer's or dementia family member, they are inadequately staffed and just don't care about the residents.

The right hand does not know what the left hand is doing.

My loved one did a short respite stay at this community. The individual staff members he worked with were nice and good at their job. It did seem like there was not a lot of coordination between the staff. They knew he was coming and they did not have a room for him in the assisted living section so he had to stay in the memory care unit. He was ok with the food. The community is clean and well maintained. This community had an institutional feel to it.

We like it!

The staff and everything has been wonderful here. Dad likes it and is happy. Dad says that the food is alright, but they need to spice it up a bit. There is no variety. Other than that they are very clean and neat.

The community is poorly managed!

The community is understaffed and the staff do not seem as though they are trained properly. It took about a month to get a room cleaned. The building is beautiful and they have spacious rooms with large windows. The food is eatable, however if you do not order from the menu it takes longer to get your food. I would not recommend this community.

Positive experience

Good so far. Very new facility. Very clean.

Great Activities Director

This is a brand new facility and everything very nice and clean. Everything is going okay with my mother in law transition to the community. They keep the community very well maintained. The staff is great, they are very helpful. They offer great activities, my mother in law is trying many new ones. The activities director is amazing. Everything is on one level and easy to navigate. The responsive time for my concerns is very good. It has been a great experience. I would recommend it.

This was a great experience.....

My dad has dementia. He was diagnosed 3 yrs ago. My husband and I care for him in our home. It has been a tough go, but,we really want to care for him until it becomes too much for us. That time is soon to be upon us. He will probably need to move in late 2016.

I started looking at communities for when that time comes. I don't want to wait until something happens to dad. I came across Care One at Somerset valley last week. I let the counselor know what my concerns were and why I was starting to look. He advised that we could go away for a week or so and have dad test it out for a set rate which covers everything. I let him know that I had to go away for The Passover holiday and could not take my dad with us. He said..."That's perfect", let's try a week vacation for you and for your dad.

I booked the respite. I had no idea that this was a possibility. I wish I would have known about this program earlier as it really would have made our lives a little easier.

Great new community.

Great new building! My aunt and uncle moved in and are doing great. She was very resistant before making the move, so we started their respite program on a trial basis. Within a week my aunt wanted to become a permanent resident. We liked the rooms, but also the fact that they have rehabilitation on site and nurses 24 hours a day, which we could not find elsewhere. The family is spread out, but CareOne is central to everyone and we can get there pretty easily.

Wow!!!!!!!!

My husband and I had been looking at assisted living communities in the Bridgewater area. We checked out a total of 4. They all seemed pretty similar until we went to this Care One community.

First of all it was new and gorgeous. More importantly to us was that the memory care community offered everything we were looking for regarding my dad, who has recently been diagnosed with dementia.

The community feels and acts like a high end hotel with staffing and nurses in the building all throughout the night. This is sooooooo important as my dad wanders all night long.

We are meeting with the rest of the family this week to discuss what we learned.

I am 100% sure that we will be moving dad in by April.

Wonderful facility

It is a wonderful, brand new facility. The nurses and caretakers are very nice. Since the administrative team is all new there have been several miss communications on what needs to be signed and when. But that aside the care my parent is receiving is great!

Don't ever bring your family member here

I wouldn't bring anymore family members here if they paid me a million dollars. My stepmom Julie passed away on Thursday, November 19, 2015 [removed]. My stepmom had been sick for a long time suffering for the effects of a massive stroke 5 years ago, that surprising she survived. Julie came here unable to speak due to a trek and scare tissue blocking her vocal cords. Earlier Wednesday she had gone to a doctor appointment, was sitting up in her chair and having a great day. At 4 am Thursday we received a call that she went into cardiac arrest and which she did not recover. [removed] This place has way too many patients and not enough staff. They don't check on the paitrnts enough. [removed] Don't ever bring your family member here! The fact that I had to give this place even have a star makes me sick.

Nice place, overall

Overall I think they do a good job at CareOne Assisted Living, we're pleased with the decision we made in selecting this community. However, the quality has declined a bit since we moved our loved one in. For a few months things were great, but within the last month or two there has been a lot of staff turnover, and some of the services and cleanliness of the community has suffered a bit. I'm hoping things will return to their previous levels of quality once things settle down.