The Chelsea at Bridgewater - Bridgewater, NJ

The Chelsea at Bridgewater - Bridgewater, NJ has yet not published prices.

• 3 Balanced Meals and Snacks Per Day
  • On-site Nurse
  • Certified Dementia Practioner
  • Full Schedule of Trips, Events and Activities!
  • Social, cultural and educational life enrichment programs
  • No Smoking Indoors

Son

Needs a little more caregiver supervision and oversight.

Unsafe

This started off as a great option for our mother. In the beginning the lured us in with a "special" rate. After medicine and level of care additions the rate went up by half. The bills would come and we would have constant rate increases that eventually more than doubled our original fee. We decided to move our mother to another facility the day we watched a resident who was in the memory care unit fall, hit her head and get back up with NO reaction from staff.

Thomas Kranz

Thank you for sharing your experience with us and entrusting Chelsea to care for your loved one. While you feel this experience may not have met your needs or expectations, please know that we strive to deliver the best quality of care for all our residents. We are happy to further discuss your experience to help ensure we are meeting the expectations of our families and residents while delivering on the services we promise. Your feedback is greatly appreciated!

Friendly, attentive, diverse assisted-living.

The most diverse clientele of all the places I looked at. Very friendly. Leadership is very attentive and goes above and beyond to be helpful. The activities are great. Overall very pleased with the experience so far.

PROS: Very nice. Has outdoor space for dining. More then 25% of population is men which is good for our family. Close to family. Family members can stay over night. Staff are very friendly and seemed engaged.
CONS: Does not have nurse dispensing controlled substance meds so would need to have pharmacy prepackage as daily med dose so would cost hundreds of dollars more per month.

Dad is happy here

This community is where my dad is and it's nice and clean. When we first got there they were very attentive. The food is good and he has options to choose from. I like that it is set back from a busy street. He does some daily activities. I didn't like that there was a fire drill and we asked 3 different people who worked there what to do and NO ONE knew the answer. I think the director should hold a meeting before a fire drill to be able to guide the residents.

Care for mom

We toured this community for the care for mom. The staff was nice and they would have had the care that we needed. We did not like that her room would have been on the second lever and I wanted her on the ground floor due to her needs. The community was clean and seemed to have a nice environment. The menu was appealing and the activities would have been offered for her to participates. We do suggest that families might consider a tour of this nice community for the value of the care that is offered for a loved one.

A Caring Place for Mom

The staff has been extremely supportive and caring. My mom came in with dementia, but was still walking on her own and could care for herself mostly. As her needs changed, and she needed help with showering, dressing, and using a walker, the staff alerted me and we made accommodations. The only change my mom would have liked is more native English speaking helpers who dressed her - my mom sometimes had difficulty understanding them with their accents/limited vocabulary. But other than that, she's loved all the staff.

Would not recommend

Our experience with The Chelsea was not a good one. My loved one lived here for a time, and the quality of the care eventually got so bad that we had to move him. They seem understaffed, and the staff they do have are often inattentive. Whenever I would visit I would see a lot of employees playing on their phones. I would not recommend this place.

Horrible!!

The executive staff there is EXTREMELY rude to deal with. I would not feel comfortable leaving a family member there.

She is loving it!

We're very happy with this community! It is a nice looking, clean place, and all the residents and staff have been very friendly! Everyone has really made her feel at home, and she is loving it here. She was recently nominated as the Valentine's Queen For The Day, which really tickled her. We toured quite a few places when we were looking into options, and this place was just a great combination of room type, amenities, and location for the price! I'd definitely recommend taking a look at it if you are searching.

Located in Bridgewater, New Jersey, The Chelsea at Bridgewater is conveniently located in a peaceful, serene wooded area in Somerset County. Residents enjoy personalized assisted living services in private and semiprivate suites in a variety of attractive styles.

If your loved one requires more daily support and reminders, our Country Cottage is available for memory impaired seniors.

Residents are welcome to participate in a wide variety of lifestyle activities including daily exercise, trips to local shopping centers, community fundraising events, and educational programs.

Our building offers many special comforts of home in a safe and caring setting. Residents are encouraged to utilize our beautiful living room, tea room, library and television room, just as they would in their own home. An outdoor walking path and gazebo offer a tranquil escape during pleasant weather. We are conveniently located off Route 202/206 near Bridgewater Commons Mall. Stop in today to see all our community has to offer!