Sunrise of Basking Ridge - Basking Ridge, NJ

Going to have to decide if MIL will see this. She glosses over some factors that I believe may be sticky points in the future, but out of my hands. We loved this facility.

No longer a Hermit

My parents were living like hermits in their house, but age and too many Falls, had me find a safe, nearby place for them. My mother is making lots of friends, from residents, and staff-- it's like a family, everyone looks out for each other. The room and laundry are done for them. There is snack-time, entertainment, party nights, games during the day, day-trips. The staff and nurses work together 24/7, to ensure a safe, healthy environment.
My mother always tells me "I love this place". She is no longer a Hermit, especially since she lost her husband... she has many friends now.

Options for care for mom

We toured this community for care. I did not like that my mom would have had to be on the third floor. We did not see a menu. We know that they do have a lot of activities that would have been offered to my mom. We would recommend that other family.

They Have Some Inexperience or Untrained Staff

Overall they're a decent place. The sales woman told me the food was great but it is not. The place is nice and the maintenance is nice and takes care of the community. It is clean and it is kept up well. Most of the people here are memory care residents and the age range is about 80+. There are two young women who are phenomenal with the residents and the activities they organize for them. Most of the staff are from other countries and I don't think they truly understand English. It's suppose to be restaurant style dining but they aides are not understanding how to serve right. They forget the meal orders because they aren't writing it down and giving the wrong meals. Some of the aides that work in the kitchen are rude at times. The food is overcooked, processed, and bland. Salt and pepper is available but you have to remind them to bring it out.
Some staff are very good at their jobs but some are rude and disrespectful and they should not be working here. They are trying to make changes from the feedback. They don't knock on your door, instead they use their keys to enter the room. I also see attitude changes when the family members of the residents come to visit, they present themselves to be more kinder.

The staff at this community are very warm and welcoming.

There are a lot of windows and natural light coming in and there is a homey feel to this community. It feels like an old victorian hotel resort. There are a lot of sitting areas for the residents and their families. They have a fireplace. They offer daily activities. The dining hall is set up like a restaurant and they offer a variety of food choices. They offer a separate locked community for memory care.

A nice tour

I toured this community for my mom due to being close to my home. I found the staff to be very nice and very helpful. I did not see any activities for my mom to participate in. This community is clean and the staff are nice. The food seemed to be appealing. I would recommend this community for families to see if this community would fit there needs.

Nice place, overall

My loved one has only been here a short time, but overall things have been satisfactory at Sunrise of Basking Ridge. The facility itself is beautiful, the place just has a lot of warmth. I think the care itself could stand to improve somewhat. We've had some issues with communication, and I think the nurses could be more attentive in general. However, this is something I'm hoping will improve over time as they get to know my loved one and her specific needs.

They are very pricey and if you do not have insurance or a big bank account this facility is very expensive. They do alright with the care some bumps along the way but they are supportive as best they can be.

Clean and friendly, but seem to be out for money.

They were okay, as far as being clean and friendly. However it seems like they were out to make a buck, and get paid for everything that they could, whether they actually earned it or not.

Very positive.

My loved one lived at Sunrise senior ...

My loved one lived at Sunrise senior living in Basking Ridge, NJ for many years & the staff was always very attentive, and the nurses always followed up. It is a very warm environment, and they make the residents feel right at "home". The place is always immaculate and was lucky that I was able to have my loved one stay in a place like this when they no longer could live on their own.

Would not recommend

My loved one was here for quite a while, and our experience was not a positive one. There were significant lapses in her care, and my loved one's doctor said they were very poor at responding to his attempts at communication. This community was also very expensive and by the end of her stay they had tacked on so many extra services that the charges were getting astronomical. And despite the premium price the facility did not have any sort of 24 hour medical staff, only med techs in the nights and evenings. They seemed to go through management very quickly, as well. There was a new director every year, which was really disruptive to the community as a whole.
I would not recommend this facility at all.

Sunrise Senior Living

Email address is Information (AT) SunriseSeniorLiving (DOT) (COM)

Sunrise Senior Living

Thank you for your review. We would like to learn more about your experience at Sunrise. Please email us at [removed] to provide more info. Thank you, Sunrise Team

Very friendly community

We toured this location when we were looking into options for Mom. What really struck us about this community was how friendly everyone was! The staff were all very nice, and several residents came up to talk to Mom during the tour. It was a nice looking community, but unfortunately it was a bit too far to be an option for us.

Very understanding staff

Overall this community does a great job, I'd give them 5s across the board. The staff in particular are very friendly, understanding, and easy to work with. They provide great care, keep everything looking nice and clean, and make sure the residents have plenty to do.

Home is beautiful and spaci...

Home is beautiful and spacious. I found the staff to be very helpful, and nurturing. Great Place!

Very happy with this community

They have a very nice facility, it is well kept and well appointed. One of the key factors in our decision were that we were confident that they could meet the care, despite my mom's specific needs. Priority was consistent care, which had been an issue with homecare, and which Sunrise definitely provide. No matter the day or shift, the staff knows Mom's routine. Only complaint is that sometimes small details were overlooked, I've had to give Mom's wheelchair a wipedown due to dust when I vist.

We visited Saturday and it was very n...

We visited Saturday and it was very nice

MEMORYCARE all sunrise same atmoshpere

MEMORYCARE all sunrise same atmoshpere

In elegant, residential environments, we deliver the finest in senior care, and are recognized internationally for both quality and innovation. Guided by our Principles of Service, Sunrise of Basking Ridge affords families peace-of-mind by providing today's seniors with a range of personalized assisted living services. From assistance with activities of daily living such as eating, bathing, dressing to medication monitoring, Sunrise provides residents with the help they need. Residents maintain the same privacy in their new home as they enjoyed in their own home. At Sunrise, we encourage residents to challenge themselves while offering the assistance they need. We encourage family and friends to be involved, to visit frequently, and to invite residents on outings to community events. This innovative approach to senior care is designed to maintain independence and dignity, yet is balanced with the comfort and security that comes from knowing experienced help is close at hand.