Brandywine Living at Middlebrook Cross - Bridgewater, NJ

Brandywine Living at Middlebrook Cross - Bridgewater, NJ has yet not published prices.

Happy and content

Love this place. The staff is very caring, kind and considerate. Always making sure the residents are comfortable. My Mother-in-law is loving her new place. She loves having people around. She has made lots of new friends and even reconnected with old high school friends. She also enjoys the food variety and is very involved with the activities. I heard her on the phone the other day trying to convince a friend who lives alone to move in. I asked her if she was getting commission on that call. Everything was positive. We all love seeing her happy and content. Highly recommended!!!!

Brandywine Living at Middlebrook Crossing

I've been blown away by my experience so I wanted to take the time to write a review about Brandywine Living at Middlebrook Crossing, so that others may find this outstanding community as well! My grandfather moved into the community a few months back and while he was hesitant at first... he adjusted very quickly! He has more friends now than he ever had and it's hard to catch him on the phone because he's always in an activity or on a trip! He has his own private studio apartment with a private handicap accessible bathroom (which was very important to us as the family for obvious safety reasons). The seat in the shower gives him a little more independence than he had in his own home which is nice. He really enjoys trivia games and the golf "hole in one" game that the resident ambassador runs. The resident ambassador's are great.. they really help to get the new residents involved which was a relief for us. There's doctor's that come into Brandywine, a hair salon, a dining menu that's available from 7am-7pm... I wish I could move in! Overall the staff is pleasant and friendly and very involved in the resident's lives. They call each resident by name.. they're not just a room number, which is nice to see. I would very much recommend Brandywine Living to anyone that's out there looking for a facility for their friend or loved one... we've been so impressed and cannot say enough good things about this community!

Above the rest!

I did a lot of research for an assisted living community for my mother-in-law and Brandywine came out on top! The staff are all so compassionate about what they do. The facility is clean and smells good.. unlike other communities I had been to. My mother-in-law has more of a social life than I have at Brandywine! They go out to lunch and dinner, go to the paper mill play house, take trips to Jenkinsons and so much more. The management staff is very approachable and friendly, which I liked. Other communities I visited they just sat behind a closed door. Overall I am very pleased with the care and attention she is receiving here and would refer to anyone that is in need of a senior living community for their loved one!!

Great Place

This place was beautiful and the staff was so pleasant

A Very Special Place

Brandywine Senior Living at Middlebrook Crossing has become a very special place for my mom as well as our family. After much discussion in 2009 our family along with mom realized we needed to move our parents from Florida back to New Jersey and find them a place to live that would meet both of their needs. We visited many senior living homes and the only one that felt right for all of us was Brandywine. The staff has been wonderful to our family especially through the transition and changes over the years. Our mom has made some good friends and really enjoys the people who work at Brandywine. The activities, the outings, and the care from all the personnel makes Brandywine a very special place.

Brandywine at Middlebrook Crossing is at the top of the Assisted Living list!

After much research on Assisted Living Communities in the area, Brandywine of Middlebrook Crossing came out as the top choice. We relocated mom from Connecticut to New Jersey 2 1/2 years ago. It was the best decision we (the family and mom) made. She is well taken care of by an incredibly caring staff who have become like family. She has a lovely "little apartment" as she calls it, has some great friends, and most important, she's happy! Brandywine at Middlebrook is wonderful.

Positive Experience

Brandywine Senior Living is second to none. My Mom Loves it, need I say anymore. Could not be happier knowing my Mom is Safe and Happy. She loves the Food and the Staff is outstanding. Highly recommend.

My experience with Brandywine in Bridgewater

It’s almost 2 years since my parents moved to Brandywine. Like every transition, there are blips with getting used to a new place and new routine. But at this point, both of my parents are at ease, content, safe and well cared for. My mother kept thinking of Brandywine as a sacrifice she needed to make for my father, but when she was in the hospital and rehab, she said “I can’t wait to go home” referring to her new home at Brandywine.
I had a good feeling about Brandywine from the first time I met the Senior Administrator (who is also a nurse). She made all of us feel very comfortable and listened to all our concerns from size and type of room to finances and cost. She told us that the main goal was to have residents “age in place”. Even when other facilities feel the need to transfer to a nursing home, Brandywine will try to keep the resident. The facility looks like a resort with plenty of activities and compassionate nurses and aides to assist. Events are run by young, active fun loving people. You can see the lift that it gives the residents. All the employees know the residents by name along with their preferences and routines.
Some important things to consider:
• Doctor’s appointments can be arranged by the facility and a driver can take the resident.
• Nursing is 24/7. Most facilities have nurses during the day but evening and weekends, nurses are only on call. There is a doctor for the facility that typically comes once a week.
• Medication can be administered by the nurses. The pharmacy delivers 2 times a day.
• A separate wing for Dementia / Alzheimer patients. The director of the unit is very affectionate and aware of the resident’s needs. She makes each person feel special while bringing out the most they can do.
• Somerset Medical Center is the local hospital with excellent rankings. I can personally vouch for their outstanding service and care when both of my parent’s needed it.
• Beauty Salon on site.
• Physical Therapy on site. This is an excellent perk. When someone returns from the hospital and acute rehab, the PT provides the sub-acute care to get the resident back to normal. Therapy is also available without prescription (for an extra charge).
• Exercise classes for all levels.
• Laundry is done by Brandywine but there are “personal” laundry rooms if the resident prefers to do some items themselves.
• Housekeeping.
• Restaurant style dining with 2 new choices each day at each meal as well as a standard menu.
• Jitney bus service to Church on Sunday.
• Bus rides to local stores, restaurants, bowling, movies, plays, etc.
• Some religious services scheduled on site.
• Entertainment—weekly cocktail parties with music and special events.
• Picturesque outdoor garden with pond, waterfall and seating.
• Make sure you are comfortable with the commute from your house to Brandywine. You’ll be visiting and coming often!
Communication is excellent. I tend to do things by email and would always receive a quick response to any of my questions or concerns. Our family stress level is down and our satisfaction level up. Brandywine is the best decision that we made.

Delighted with Brandywine

My father was very resistant to moving out of his home into an assisted living environment. He was sure he would not like it, hated the whole idea of change, wanted to stay at home despite all obstacles, liked his independence, had neighbors who could look out for him, etc., etc.

When it became evident that he could no longer stay at home alone, we began a search for his next residence. Thank goodness we found Brandywine! From the very beginning, the staff were more engaging, helpful and accommodating than one could reasonably expect. The environment is a lively one, nearly all the time, as there are numerous daily activities to choose from. From exercise classes and bus trips to bridge and poker games, there is rarely a dull moment.

The most shocking part of the whole experience for me, as his daughter, and I think also for him, is how much both residents and staff seem to enjoy the place. The upbeat spirit of the staff and community is just what the doctor ordered for my dad. He appears to be flourishing and not at all sorry about leaving his home behind. As for me and my siblings, we are delighted to see how happy he is and how much healthier and safer he is at Brandywine.

Respite care

My father did not parttake in the activities as he is an introvert.
He only stayed for 1 month as respite care and left there better than when he arrived.
The management and staff were very attentive.
I do not know the exact cost, so an approximation was given.

I'm very happy with the place, I am much more relaxed that they are.

I'm very happy with the place, I am much more relaxed that they are. The food is good. I chose them because it felt very clean and nice, and very well run, and I had confidence in the director. They are better off than when they were alone, but you still need to pay attention and make sure they are getting the services they need.

Our second choice!

This was a very nice looking place. It was a beautiful community, very well kept and clean, and the staff and residents were all very friendly. The care and activities provided both looked excellent, and we knew this was a place where Mom could be happy. It came down to this, and one other community, and after touring them both many times we eventually settled on the other one since it was a slightly better deal for the price. But I'd definitely recommend taking a look at this one, it is wonderful.

It's a peace of mind and very comforting, head and shoulders above everything else

I didn't know where I was going but I just got in my car and went and Brandywine was the last on my list, I think I put my deposit down that day, I can't ask for more. The staff is wonderful, they go out of their way and they really take pride in their activities. With football season coming up the acitivty director sets up tailgating parties for the Giants games, plus there's a full sized kitchen in the common area so if we want to come in and cook as a family we can. It looks like a beautiful hotel inside, they have exercising everyday and additional therapy besides that, it's just fantastic. It's a little pricey but the value is there and plus the room that was available is a huge value but they guaranteed us that she could stay there through medicaid involvement at no extra cost after 2 years of being respoinsible for financial support. Other old people that are living at their homes are considering it because of my moms experience.

myself, sister, and sister-in-law vis...

myself, sister, and sister-in-law visited Saturday 081410 this is on the possibility list.

very nice, active community, nicely d...

very nice, active community, nicely decorated, many small and large gathering areas

Smaller facility 75 + 25 in Memory ar...

Smaller facility 75 + 25 in Memory area - loved everything and everyone at Brandywine.

I did this tour. Seems like a good o...

I did this tour. Seems like a good option

Very much liked this one. Will be the...

Very much liked this one. Will be the first one I contact when the situation is right.

An Outstanding Location:
Brandywine Living at Middlebrook Crossing is centrally located near Routes 287 and 78, and surrounded by many unique points of interest including the Bridgewater Commons Mall and Commerce Bank Ballpark, home to the popular Somerset Patriots minor league baseball team.

A Vibrant Lifestyle:
The fun never ends at Middlebrook Crossing! Join us for “National Parks Exploration” hosted by one of our knowledgeable residents, or enjoy a canasta tournament. In fact, Middlebrook Crossing has an abundance of choices (Escapades…for Life!) for your entertainment and delight. If all this fun gives you an appetite, enjoy the ultimate choice with our All-Day Dining program. And, of course, you know that your beautiful suite and private bath await you…whenever.

A Commitment to Quality:
All the time you know that we are here with our caring team, including licensed nurses, All Day, All Night, On-Site, should you need us. And you have the comfort of knowing that Middlebrook Crossing has been recognized as an Advanced Standing community by the State of New Jersey, acknowledging our commitment to quality, training, staffing, personal care, and regulatory standards. If you are looking for security and peace of mind, relax…we’re here.