Somerford Place Encinitas - Encinitas, CA

Could use an update, otherwise it's a nice facility

I toured this property while looking for a place for my Mom. I noticed that it’s a much older facility, but everyone I met that worked there was really nice and all of the residents were pretty active. Everything looked clean, but as mentioned before, it was old so it could use an update. However, I was told that they would be getting new carpet put in soon. The person that took us on the tour was very nice, they were able to answer all of our questions, and they seemed knowledgeable about the type of care that the residents needed. Overall, it wasn’t a bad tour or facility, just wasn’t right for what my Mom needed.

A Wonderful Place for Mom

Somorford is wonderful for my mother. We looked at several other communities, but chose Somerford for its small size. My mother needs memory care, so I wanted to be sure she would be well taken care of and wouldn’t get lost in one of the larger places where the staff can be spread a little thin. My mother’s bedroom is beautiful and she has made such great friends. There are many activities for the residents like prayers, a TV room, bands, and singalongs. I’m very satisfied with my mother’s care, and how happy she is at Somerford. I would definitely recommend this community to others.

My Husband Seems Happy

My loved one has been there a couple of months now and I think it is just a fine facility. I do not have any complaints about the place and my husband seems happy to be there, which is a good indication.

They Did Well

They did really, really well. They were nice. They were good, but they keep everyone up and she was getting tired, I wish they had the option to have them stay in bed and attended to her there. She got too weak and needed to be laying down. I checked a lot of places out and they were the best.

A Great Experience

They just really have a great staff of nurses and caregivers. The main thing is they let my mom set her own schedule and do what she wants. It is secure and the caregivers do not make her do anything. And they have a great management team, they are very helpful. Overall it has been a great experience.

A good choice

We looked at a number of locations before choosing Somerford Place. Somerford offered a much more attractive environment for mom to live, with a lot of outdoor spaces and activities. The layout of the facility is quite different from the others we saw.

We also contacted families of current residents and they all spoke very highly of the conditions and staff at Somerford. We have been very impressed by how interactive the staff is with the residents, which has helped Mom adapt quickly to the new surroundings.

Costs are in the mid-range of the facilities we visited, but we considered it to be a value.

We are very pleased with the choice we made.

Great

The Somerford Place Encinitas has been great! It has been a positive experience. It's always clean. There are never any odors. It always smells fresh. The staff has been great as well. They are so helpful and accommodating. They keep an eye on my loved one. The value is also very good for what you are getting. I would highly recommend the Somerford Place Encinitas.

Friendly, accommodating care staff

We've had a good experience with Somerford Place so far. The facility itself is clean and well kept, and the staff have been very friendly and professional. They're very receptive to our loved one's needs, and to our concerns as a family. They're always willing to meet with us at any time to discuss concerns or ideas we have about care.

I'm very impressed with Somerford Pla...

I'm very impressed with Somerford Place. From the time you walk in, everything is easily accessible. The staff knows my mom by name without having to go look up any information. On any given day, they can give me updates right there on the spot about her. The place always looks so beautiful. My mom loves the food. She's able to participate in the activities they offer, such as art classes, and game time. I'm so pleased with Somerford that my dad is being transferred there to be with my mom.

They are very loving and organized and caring.

They are very loving and organized and caring. We haven't seen anything they need to improve, as of yet. They are flexible in working with families. They are communicative. They have been willing to work with us. We really like their flexibility and we chose them for their geographical location.

Alzheimers focused; small, nice looking

Alzheimers focused; small, nice looking

Montessori style of care. One of top ...

Montessori style of care. One of top 2 for memory care. Great rooms, active program. Hard to see anyone at same level as Art.

Creating a successful environment that offers safety, comfort, and friendship for people with Alzheimer's disease is our purpose! Dr. Michael Carrick, our founder, had personal experience with Alzheimer's and set out to create a residence where individuals with dementia and their families would find an exceptional amount of support. We have professional expertise to help alleviate the guilt, anger, and frustration that often goes along with Alzheimer's caregiving. We understand the fear, anxiety, and confusion a person with Alzheimer's disease often experiences. We offer regular family support groups and free monthly Alzheimer's education seminars.

We understand that each of our residents is an individual with unique needs and experiences. At Somerford Place, our goal is to promote this individuality and maximize independence. We focus on what residents can do, not on what they cannot! This requires a detailed understanding of each resident's background: their life experiences; their interests; what they still enjoy; when to offer extra help; and what makes them smile. Our individual service plans cater to the individual needs of the residents.

Somerford Place is the result of extensive research into the needs of people with Alzheimer's disease and other forms of dementia; research into their desire for safety, comfort and a sense of belonging; and investigation into the most progressive caregiving techniques available. Experts in Alzheimer's disease, specialists in designing programs and environments for people with dementia, and caregivers came together to create Somerford Place. Together, we have developed a very special place. A place where our only focus is helping seniors with memory loss and their families and friends.

Somerford Place is a dream come true for persons with dementia and their families. Until there's a cure, thankfully, there's Somerford Place!