Silverado Encinitas - Encinitas, CA

Could be great, but needs updating

Silverado is a large facility to include assisted living as well as memory care. Upon beginning my tour, I noted the facility was in dire need of upgrading and appeared to be very dated as to decor and upkeep. I also noted a strange odor that permeated the facility. I met a lot of staff, all the staff seemed to be warm, kind, and caring. There is a lot of programs to include gardening and livestock, i.e. goats, chickens, miniature horses. The grounds are quite large. Other activity programs include dance, art, yoga fit and sit and a wide range of other outdoor outings. The rooms are small and very dated, it would be unlikely my parent could place any of her personal things in rooms that tiny, especially for the amount of money the facility charged for month to month care. The particular suite the Silverado manager wanted my parent to share with another resident was adequate, however the current resident had taken over 90% of the room with oversized furniture and wall to wall shelving. This resident had a family wall portrait that took up the entire length of the room. I was told the current resident could push their possessions over to make room for my parent. This was unacceptable to me as I felt it was completely unreasonable to press this matter with me as my only vacancy option, I found this to be insulting. Further, there was no way the current resident was going to willing share their space with my parent. The price point was way higher than I expected, especially based on the age and condition of the facility. The community deposit was the highest of all the facilities I toured. Given that coupled with the dated premises and no real vacancy this facility was not an option. I would not consider it or recommend it. Silverado needs to invest in upgrading these premises.

Silverado Representative

Thank you for recognizing our caring and friendly associates. As you mentioned, we have a variety of daily engagements including art, yoga, cooking and gardening classes. These activities provide a sense of purpose while giving the opportunity to maintain dignity and self-esteem. We appreciate your additional feedback so we can improve upon our decor, care and services.

Absolutely Recommended

I toured at Silverado for my loved one, and have heard so many great things about the community from others who have loved ones there as well. It's a great community. The staff is wonderful, and the place is clean and well maintained. I would absolutely recommend it to others if it is within their budget.

Silverado Representative

We're happy to hear you had the opportunity to tour our community and experience the Silverado difference. Thank you for recognizing our associates. We hope to be a trusted resource for you and your family in the future.

I wasn’t quite satisfied

I toured here a while ago. I thought the place was interesting and they seemed to have a lot of activities but it wasn’t convenient in regards to the location. I thought the person that gave us the tour was nice and knowledgeable about the type of care that my Dad would need. I know they have plenty of events that they put on and even after we decided not to move my Dad in, they would invite us to participate. They have car shows and there’s even a pony that lives there. It was nice, just not for us.

Silverado Representative

Hello! Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. As you noticed, we offer a variety of age appropriate activities. We focus on maintaining residents' physical and emotional well-being through engagement and participation. We're sorry to hear our environment did not match the needs of your loved ones.

Wonderful Staff!!

My loved one has recently made the move into this community and even though he had a rough start the staff have done a great job at getting him adjusted. [Removed] has been amazing, she has worked closely with him as well as our family to make sure his needs are being met and that he is comfortable in his new living environment. My dad has been making friends and I already see improvement in him which makes me very happy. Overall I am very pleased with everything and I would recommend them to anyone.

Silverado Representative

Hello! Thank you for recognizing our associates and the care they provide. Making the decision to move your loved one into a new environment can be one of the hardest decisions. Thank you for trusting us with the care of your father. It is a privilege and an honor to get to know and care for him.

An awesome staff

My father in law seems to like living at Silverado. The were awesome through the entire process. We have liked everyone we have met. He seems to like the food and is happy with the activities. They keep the community clean. We chose this community because of the amount of staff and the quality of care they give to each of the residents. I can tell they really care and I would recommend this community.

Silverado Representative

Hello, thank you for sharing your feedback. We are glad to hear that your father-in-law is thriving and enjoying living at Silverado. Silverado's culinary services are a point of pride for us as we aim to serve food that is both appealing and nutritious. Thank you for recognizing our team and the amazing care they provide!

Depressing

I placed my father here for a brief time after he got dementia. It was so disturbing and difficult for him to be surrounded by all of the other residents with severe impairments. He said he felt like he was living in a mental hospital. It was depressing to visit him. The price is astronomical, especially without a "roommate" but the roommates available made his life so unbearable. I moved him into another facility and he is much happier there.

Good care for others

This is a wonderful community. Very clean and taken care of. The staff is very responsive. The meals are offered, but the staff needs to check on certain request for meals due to special diets requirements. Great activities, tours. I would recommend the community to others.

Silverado Representative

Thank you for recognizing our associates and the amazing care that they provide. Silverado's culinary services are a point of pride for us as we aim to provide residents with food that is both appealing and nutritious. Our culinary team caters dishes to our residents personal taste and preferences. We appreciate your feedback!

Super!!

My cousin resides at Silverado-Encinitas and although I live out of town and not able to be as involved as I'd like, the masters level social worker keeps me "in the loop" every step of the way. This really differentiates their community from every other "facility." From the front line staff, including the nursing team, to the Administratoe Lauren, they are hands on and really provide individualized care in the early stages of the disease, to the later stages. I can't say enough how incredible this community is.

Silverado Representative

Thank you for taking the time to review our Encinitas community. We are glad to hear that your cousin is thriving at Silverado. As you noticed, our associates are committed to providing quality care and excellent service. At Silverado, our around-the-clock nursing team, masters prepared social workers and experienced leadership team provide an exceptional, industry-leading care that is truly valued by family members.

They were super!

They were super! My father was not there very long before he passed away, but they were just over and above and beyond the call of duty and were very helpful with things. I have visited numerous such places, and this one was head and shoulders above the rest, even others that were more expensive. I highly recommend Silverado Encinitas.

Silverado Representative

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments and story. It was our honor to get to know and care for your father. We will always just be a call away if you need anything.

Everything has been great so far.

Everything has been great so far. Every time we go it's a good experience. It's clean and the staff is friendly. I don't have any concern over food or activities. It's still pretty new to us, but so far it's going well.

Silverado Representative

We are glad to hear that you had a positive experience with our care! We are continuously innovating and improving the level of our services. Methods such as pet therapy, art programs and a social atmosphere augment the effects of traditional treatments and have shown wonderful results. Thank you for taking the time to review our Encinitas community!

My husband has gone to the "Friday Mo...

My husband has gone to the "Friday Morning Out Club" three times and seems to enjoy it. I can probably give a better answer after he's been involved for a longer period of time.

Silverado Representative

Hi Fran! Thanks for your comments. We hope that your husband continues to attend our Friday Morning Out Club! We look forward to continue to be a resource to you and your husband for any future needs.

This place is immaculate!

It’s really just beautiful! I tell everybody they need to come here! This is just a genuine community. The food is delicious! Family members are always welcome to meals – we even had a birthday party here! The staff members know everyone by their first names, and are very personable. You can tell that the residents really listen to and respect the staff.

Also, they have 8-9 activities a day!! With things like chair yoga, music, paintings, and field trips once a week, no one is ever in their rooms or sitting and watching TV. They are at the top end, price wise, but it is always immaculate! On a clear day, you can see the ocean from here. There’s a swimming pool and BBQs in the summer. There are lots of nice dogs and even two miniature horses! We would recommend this place to anyone!!

Silverado Representative

Thank you for taking time to share your positive feedback! We are happy that you had a positive experience. At Silverado, our around-the-clock nursing team, masters prepared social workers and experienced leadership team further add to the peace of mind our families value. Thank you again for your review.

Warm and friendly atmosphere

What really struck me about this place is how amazingly friendly the staff are! They are very caring towards the residents, and show just as much friendliness and compassion to the families and visitors. All hugs, no handshakes at Silverado.

Silverado Representative

SS, thanks for taking the time to leave a review. At Silverado, we are one big family! We look forward to continue to be a resource to you in the future!

Positive First Impression

Liked very much. It seemed nice with good activities, but the Belmont was a little closer. Silverado was definitely equipped to handle dementia, but overall the services seemed a little less comprehensive.

Silverado Representative

Thank you for taking the time to tour our Encinitas community! We are happy to hear that you had a positive experience during your visit. We hope that you visit our Belmont Hills community.

Fabulous!

We think they're fabulous! I'd give the staff a 10 if I could. They have lots of activities. They have the red hat club, bus rides to the beach, singing, Sunday services, movies, and they make their flower arrangements for the dining room. We're very happy that we found them. We looked at a few other place but this seemed like it would be best for my mother. She likes it most of the time and she loves the food.

Silverado Representative

Connie, thanks for the positive review! Quality of life is first and foremost at Silverado! We have individualized engagement programs that cater to a resident's personal needs and preferences. As you noted, we have many different outings and activities that keep our residents active and engaged. We are very happy that you and your loved one enjoy them!

It's A Very Positive Place

I have been there several times to visit her and I think it's a pretty wonderful place as a matter of fact. She's doing very well there and all my interactions in the staff have all been very positive.

I haven't seen anything that I've disliked about them. Obviously there's always a complaint about the food. No institutional food is as good as home cooking. I think that's pretty normal.

I think it's an excellent facility. It's not one of those cases where it's a terrible chore to go there. It's a pleasure to go there and interact with all of the people. There is never a negative vibe.

Silverado Representative

Allen, thanks for taking the time to review our Encinitas community! We are happy you had a positive experience.

Working on it

We're still working with them on trying to follow through on some things they said they were going to do, some things aren't going very smooth. We're working on making sure my mom is ready to go to meals, so coming to get my parents on a regular basis, they don't always show up after the meals to help her get into her wheelchair or her walker. The meals, we've tried to work with them to get meals my parents would like, they said they would customize the meals; so we're working on that too. They're very apologetic and they try to follow through but then it doesn't always happen. They're committed to making an effort but it doesn't always filter through. We're also working on getting activities that work with my parents because the don't quite feel like they fit, but we're still hopeful.

Silverado Representative

Stan, thank you for your comments. We take all feedback seriously! As you noted, we customize residents' meals and activities for their personal preferences. We look forward to continue to be a trusted resource to you and your mother.

Very Happy

Very happy with Silverado and the care they are providing our loved one. It is a very nice community. They are being very well taken care of. We would recommend Silverado to anyone.

Silverado Representative

Thank you for your comments. We are very happy that you and your loved one had a positive experience. As always, we continue to be fully committed to being industry leaders and providing the best care to those we serve.

We were considering this one, but fin...

We were considering this one, but find it too dark.

I visited the Silverado Senior Care f...

I visited the Silverado Senior Care facility, purportedly the "Cadillac" of Memory Care/Assisted Living facilities in Southern California. The first thing I noticed when I walked in was a distinctive and somewhat unpleasant smell. Not urine, but something that just didn't set well with me but I can't really describe or identify the odor (could be residual cleaning chemicals). On the up side, this is a large facility that focuses on the individual resident's strengths and challenges, and they address each accordingly. LOTS of activities geared for the abilities and limitations for the residents. There are several pets on site (some belonging to the residents, some for "pet therapy") including bunnies, birds, cats, dogs and a couple of horses. The facility is quite large and includes a beautiful outdoor area and pool (I think---getting confused now). There are also walking trails (all secured) along with walking clubs, a fitness facility and music and dance options, just to mention a few. Also, they have a dedicated Psychiatrist and Gerontologist that visit the facility at least once a week to provide assessments and follow-up care. They also provide 24-hour on-site nursing staff to aid with falls, illnesses, etc. They offer end of life care (hospice) and the only treatment they don't provide on site, which would require transfer to a hospital, is IV and intubation. Day care (flex) and short term resident (respite) care is available too. The room was nice with lots of closet space, not particularly large but comfy. I found out that the "shared rooms" are the same size as the "private" rooms. and how they would fit two twin beds into that space is beyond me! I had an allergic reaction (not severe, but certainly uncomfortable) after about an hour at the facility--which may be due to the pets (especially the cats, to which I am highly allergic!) and likely the reason for the unpleasant (to me) smell.

The skilled, compassionate memory care professionals at Silverado are dedicated to providing residents with the dignity and care they deserve while they enjoy the community’s warm atmosphere. Comfortable surroundings and engagement activities designed with the needs of memory-impaired individuals in mind help ensure the goal of enriching the lives of both residents and their families.