Belmont Village Cardiff - Cardiff by the Sea, CA

Pricy, undergoing a big remodel. Many amenities a memory care paient would not have access to.Two floors of memory care. Third floor does not have access to outdoor space.
Allows pets. Provides free transportation. Onsite 24/7 nurses. Visitor parking a challenge. One way exit.

Very clean and beautiful facility

The property was well appointed. Of all the facilities I toured, Belmont Village was the most ascetically pleasing, very high end. Further, Belmont Village was the most expensive of all the memory care facilities I toured. It had the highest monthly rates and a large community deposit that was required. The memory care unit was beautiful, there was an entire section dedicated to honoring residents, part of the Greatest Generation that ever lived, who served their country during WWII and Korea. I was very moved and touched by this tribute. The facility was immaculate. There was a lot of programs and activities for all levels of care. There is a pool for the residents and their guests to use. The menu options looked very appetizing. The facility was a bit larger than what I wanted for my parent. Also the price point was beyond our fiscal capabilities.

My thoughts

This community felt like a giant cruise ship when I visited. The people I met were friendly and the community looked nice. They seem to offer some nice activities. This community was a little larger and more expensive than what we were looking for.

Lovely Activities!!

My mother has recently made the move into this community and so far we are very pleased with how things are going for her. She is making lots of friends and is loving all of the great activities they have available throughout the week. It was a really easy move for her and she adjusted wonderfully with the help of the staff and other kind residents. My mom has had no complaints about the meals and thinks the chef does a great job in preparing her food. Overall I am content with her care and would recommend it to anyone.

My Visit To The Community!

I liked this community when I visited. the staff I met seemed nice and the community looked clean. They offer transportation and they allow pets. This community was just not in the location I would have preferred.

Caring Community.

This is a small community and seemed to be older and not as big as we were wanting. The staff was pleasant and they were friendly and answered our questions on care. . They did seem to have activities going on for others. We did not see the variety of meals that are offered to residents Families might want to see this care that would be offered for a loved one.

Beautiful facility. Great location. Too expensive.

sister is very happy

My mother was at Belmont Village Cardiff and they were so wonderful to her. She has now passed away. My sister is now presently living there and she loves it. She is very involved with all the activities that they provide and is very happy.

nice place

Overall we have had a very positive experience with Belmont Village Cardiff. The move in process was a little rocky mainly just because everything happened so fast but she is more or less settled in now and doing well. It is a nice facility and everyone there is super friendly.

Lorena Grimes

Thank you for choosing Belmont Village and for sharing your experience – it will help us to ensure that we provide the best possible support at every point. We’re glad to hear that your loved one is settled in and doing well. Please let the community team know if you need anything.

We are just very happy

We are just very happy. My mother has been here for 6 weeks. We are happy with the services. We're happy with the food. It's a good quality place for mom. The facility is always very clean. There are never any messes. Everyone is very welcoming. The staff is accommodating and very nice. The value is excellent. The care services are excellent. They offer activities. Everything has just been great.

Great location for aging parents

My parents moved in almost 7 weeks ago. They have been extremely happy. The staff has been extremely welcoming and very responsive to every need. They are pleased with the meals and the activities. My mom has gotten very involved with various social activities. We absolutely recommend Belmont Village in Cardiff.

My mother has been living at Belmont Village for the past 3 months. The facility is lovely and the staff are helpful. Meals are good and there are plenty of activities for those who choose to pursue them

Well kept, friendly facility

My mother has been in the Independent Living Unit at Belmont Village f or the past month. The facility is up to date and well maintained. The rooms are comfortable. There is a gym with appropriate equipment and the meals are outstanding. My mother found the elevators confusing at first since the living floors are both above and below the main floor. She figured it out by the end of the first week. We toured several similar facilities in the area and this was the best.

Review of Belmont Village Cardiff Alzheimer's / Memory Care in Cardiff by the Sea, CA

Nice looking facility but very pricey. Residents appeared to be bored and non-engaging.

Pleasant and upscale

A lovely community with apartment living to assisted living and memory care. Mom took her dog and others have dogs and cats.
Food is included to two meals a day, your choice although her apartment has a kitchenette. I have eaten with Mom on occasion and enjoyed the food.
Great and dynamic library.
Transportation and outings are available.
Only negative so far is that recreation such as yoga is given by staff and not experienced teachers.

I visited after a doctors a...

I visited after a doctors appointment so I was not prepared and still recovering from surgery. Have a nurses station where you can go and have ur blood pressure taken and small things like that. Offer computer classes. Witnessed a seminar on sleep.

Tides of Change

Review of BelMont Cardiff as a family member of a
Long term resident in the Neighborhood. Multiple turnover in staff, and frequently shorthanded. The staff who are there frequently look over worked. The activities person is very good, but often the only care person available for the group.

Get everything in writing, and I mean everything, signed and agreed to, and expect them to live up to every word. They charge you extra for every little thing. They can be very uppity, and the compassion and quality you pay for is absolutely going down !!

The food is good, but it has also changed. The Menu has changed, plus it seems like the cook has also changed, because the food is not as consistently good, and upscale as it was in the past.

Very nice and friendly staf...

Very nice and friendly staff, very informative, nice rooms and dining area. The food looked delicious. My favorite place I visited but also the most expensive. Realistically, not affordable.

Good Experience

For my situation, she is a diabetic, so having the RN's on staff is really helpful. She orders on the menu in the dining room, so they can help her with those choices and we try and manage the diabetes as we can. The food is amazing and she has actually gained weight! They have something called Circle of Friends where they do puzzles and mental engagement and social activities.

My husband and I only found out about...

My husband and I only found out about the physical therapists on staff the last three days of our 3 week stay - we booked respite care for two-- only wanted two weeks but they required one month, however, because it was already a week into the month we were able to get three weeks (we left at two and a half weeks). The food was very good for the most part, except when the chef was out you knew it..... really..... the waiter/waitress staff tried hard (most of them), but we think they were short.....the staff in general was very nice and helpful..... but we feel that we should have had more info from the person that booked us in......
The morning exercise pro was very nice -- good way to start the day.... however, around the time that we left they were doing away with the morning exercise class.... people were crushed....
another problem we had, one of the beds had a dark brown color, knit material. bed sheet set that was not acceptable to my husband... we asked if they could change the sheets to regular white sheets, never got an answer, so on the third day we went out and bought an acceptable set of white sheets which is now on a shelf in our closet....

Communication Issues

It was okay. I wish they had a little more communication but it was nice place. We didn't have a lot of information. As soon as we gave her the check she disappeared. We just found out things by talking to other people.

I have no complaints at all about the...

I have no complaints at all about the Belmont Village. The people there have been friendly and gracious, and I'm really happy with the services that my father's received there.

She loved it.

She loved it.

Beautiful place. Seems like the whole...

Beautiful place. Seems like the whole package but is an the high end of our budget

The beautifully appointed senior living community of Belmont Village Cardiff by the Sea, California provides an exceptional level of service and support for independent living, assisted living, and Alzheimer’s residents.

Nestled in the hillside along Manchester Avenue with views of the San Elijo Lagoon Ecological Reserve, the Craftsman-inspired building and lush landscaping are a reflection of their natural environment. This eco-friendly community features solar panels, water reclamation and low-water landscaping. Exterior amenities include a swimming pool and outdoor dining terrace. Plus, in true California style, the well-trained and caring staff places a strong emphasis on mind/body awareness. An on-site, state-of-the-art fitness center is overseen by a physical therapist. And the distinctive interiors include stylish gathering areas, a screening room, technology center, bistro, spacious dining section and club room.