Somerford Place Alzheimer's Assisted Living Annapolis - Annapolis, MD

A Fantastic Community

This is a fantastic community, my husband did very well here. He was here for a respite stay and everything went very well. He really liked it here, and all the staff loved him. I was nervous placing for the respite stay, but my friends and our kids said he was very well taken care of. This is a beautiful community, with very caring people. If he ever had to move to a community, I would use this one.

Wonderful care for my Mom

My mother has been a resident at Somerford for several years now and I love it! She is not the easiest person to please and she is happy and completely safe. The food is wonderful and never boring!( and they always have coffee and cookies for us when we visit)
The staff is cheerful and helpful.
Thanks to all who take such good care of the most important woman in my life.

Not happy

Somerford Place looks good from the outside looking in. Here's our breakdown: Cleanliness is okay. Food is pretty good. Activities are good. There's lots of walking space. But it is a very expensive facility. The care is very inconsistent because caregivers are constantly quitting. This is really disturbing. They have only one or two caregivers for each section of up to 16 people. Most are incontinent so don't get diapers changed very often. There is a lot of yelling. There is little team work and lots of confusion.

Five Star Reviews

Thank you so much, we really appreciate your input. Five star Senior Living strives to deliver quality care and finest hospitality experience to our residents. We operate under strict federal and state regulations and procedures, including staff to patient ratio, we often times exceed these regulations. Our personnel is held to the highest standards of conduct and service. With that being said we seek to improve. if you are willing, please call our GOLD customer service line to voice your concerns in detail, we will try to address them accordingly.

Not so good

The facility is laid out wonderfully for people with dementia. There are several very devoted caregivers and nursing team. Other than that, we have been disappointed at the rate of turnover in the staff and the crisis management style. The building is old and in need, although well maintained. The company that bought the facility is just concerned with making money. That is apparent after being there for a little while. There are other facilities that cost less and have more consistency.

Five Star Reviews

Thank you so much, we really appreciate your input. Five star Senior Living strives to deliver quality care to all of our residents and hold our staff only to the highest standards of hospitality and service, in all lines of care. Somerford Place offers a variety of activities and programs designed to encourage spiritual, mental and physical well-being of our residents. Among our programs we offer one designed for our Alzheimer and Dementia patients: Bridge to Rediscovery. It is an innovative program where seniors living with Alzheimer’s disease and other forms of dementia can flourish and share a positive life experience: [removed]
With that being said, we are always looking for ways to improve, so if you are willing, we kindly ask you to call our Gold Star Service line [removed] and provide us more details.

Looked very nice during the tour

I was very impressed by what I saw here, I'd give them top marks across the board. It was a very nice looking, clean facility, and the staff were all very friendly and professional. The staff were all nurses, which is something you don't generally see in these types of communities.

Clean, well staffed.

Clean, well staffed.

Somerford Place is the result of extensive research into the needs of people with Alzheimer’s disease and other forms of dementia. Our specially designed building is nestled behind historic Annapolis oak trees, and is secure, supportive and feels like home. Our staff strives to offer quality services to our residents, promoting dignity and independence in a place where a full, rewarding life is still possible. At Somerford Place, both you and your loved one will find peace of mind.