Solstice Senior Living at Grand Valley - Grand Junction, CO

Solstice Senior Living at Grand Valley - Grand Junction, CO has yet not published prices.

Mom is Happy

This retirement community is treating my mother-in law very well. It is nice and kept up. Dogs are welcome here. SHe enjoyed doing the exercise class. And she loves the food. Everyones is friendly and they have A nice outdoor area. I would recommend this to friends and family.

We are happy here

The staff here are very nice and helpful. They have daily activities that we are going to start enjoying. The food is pretty good. They keep it clean and kept up. I will recommend this community.

Friendly and helpful staff

My mother-in-law is enjoying her experiences at Solstice Senior Living. It’s an independent living facility so there aren’t that many options in respect to the type of care that she needs but she seems to interact with the staff okay. They’ve been helpful whenever she needs something or even when my family has questions. We have been relieved to have her move from living by herself into Solstice. She seems very happy now. She is meeting other residents and getting the social connection that she missed while living alone. There are plenty of things for the residents to do. They have excursions, there’s a social hour once a week, music (sometimes at lunch), and sometimes they play games. She mentioned that housekeeping came by for the first time (usually comes by once a week) but didn’t seem to do much. She doesn’t want to use the washing machine because it has a dirt ring in it so that’s something we’re going to be working on letting management know. The only suggestion I really have is that maybe the housekeeping could be more thorough. Overall, I would recommend them.

My brother likes it here

My brother is here currently and the meals and care are both very good. The staff is very attentive. My brother can be difficult at times and they’re handling it well. He likes it so far. He’s only been there for a month or so. The facility is very, very clean and they do housekeeping once a week and change the linens and towels. They have a number of activities that they provide. Entertainers will come in, they have coffee hour in the mornings, and multiple excursions to different places that they can sign up for if they wish to go out and about. There’s no down payment, either, and the price is very reasonable. The other residents are friendly and open and very good to each other. I would recommend them.

Great Community

My father lives in the Atrium, and so far, we’ve been very pleased. The guy that runs the community and his staff there really care about the residents, and are warm, friendly, and accommodating. They are willing and able to provide anything that my dad needs. The food is good; dad would probably give it a 3, 3.5 since it’s not exactly like a home-cooked meal, but they are willing to accommodate requests and dietary needs. The community is clean and well maintained. Overall, it’s a great community and I’d recommend it.

Dad is Smitten

Dad really loves this place he said it makes him feel like he's at home with the high ceilings. The staff is wonderful and friendly. The food is great if he doesn't go out to eat. He's around more family. The grounds and inside stays nice and clean. The only thing that could change is the decor it just needs a little updating. Overall I would recommend this community.

All Set To Move In

We had toured this community and really liked it and mom had initially decided this is where she wanted to go. She had made the deposit and was all ready to go but at the last moment, she decided she was not ready to go anywhere and that was fine. It turned out to be a good thing because the community was a little too large for her taste. The staff was friendly and helpful and very understanding when she decided not to move.

My father's good care

We are very happy with the care from this community. My father likes the staff who are very nice and caring to his needs. The menu is very appealing and he seems to be happy with the variety. They offer a lot of activities for the residents. We like knowing that he is happy with the here. We would recommend the good care and value for other families.

The Transition Went Good

When my mom moved in, it was a little hard but she got settled in. Now she is participating in the activities they have during the day. She is enjoying the meals they make. Everything they do has been well.

Too Big!!

When I toured The Atrium of Grand Valley, I was happy with how friendly and welcoming everyone was. The downfall was the size of the place, it was too big and we were looking for something smaller and more homelike.

Enjoying My Time Here

This is a lovely community and I'am having a great time here. Everybody has been very kind and welcoming. I love the staff, they are helpful and respectful. The community looks great. They offer lovely activities daily. I enjoy the meals, the food is nice. I'am very pleased with my move here. Overall I would recommend it.

Over The Top Staff!!

The support staff was wonderful. I really liked that the housekeepers were very courteous. The food was great the meals that were served had a great taste. Activities are offered in the community. It was always well maintained and organized. This is a lovely residence.

A Wonderful Tour

My tour of this community went very well. The staff was nice and courteous. They were very informative and answered my questions. From what I saw the community is nice and clean. There are great activities offered, as well as nice meals. Overall this is a good community.

very friendly and very helpful

They were very friendly and very helpful. They invited us for lunch so that we could experience the cafeteria and the facility first hand. They were really helpful with showing us a lot of the rooms, answering any questions that we had, and getting us really well acquainted. My mother is going to be moving in soon and we are very confident that we have made the right decision where she will be at home and well cared for.

I would definitely recommend them to others.

We weren't here very long. We didn't have any concerns at all. They were good to work with. They were friendly, and very helpful to us. I would definitely recommend them to others.

Very nice place!

Atrium of Grand Valley is a very nice place, overall! The facility itself is well kept and clean, and the staff have all been friendly and professional. I've been particularly pleased with how communicative the staff is, they get back to you quickly regarding any questions you have, and keep you updated on the status of your loved one.

The food is terrible, just awful.

The food is terrible, just awful. The quality of it, how it's made, the taste, all of it is just horrible. The cleaning of the rooms, and the personal areas is a little shoddy as well. All of the other stuff is good.

Holiday Retirement

Hi, I'm Katie, I work at Holiday's Home Office. I'm really sorry to hear you aren't enjoying your meals at The Atrium of Grand Valley. We pride ourselves on offering three chef-prepared meals a day, so if you aren't pleased with those meals, we definitely want to know more details. Please feel free to call our Resident Relations department here at Home Office at [removed].

Very happy

We’re very happy. It’s evident that they are a very caring community. The atmosphere around here is very quiet and congenial. There are lots of animals. We saw three deer yesterday and ducks every day at lunch.

We were so impressed that w...

We were so impressed that we signed an agreement on one of the cottages. Will move in within the next three weeks.

Holiday Retirement

Wow, thank you. We can't wait for you to join our Holiday family!

It’s nice and well maintained community.

It’s nice and well maintained community. They have a terrific staff, very friendly. The food is good and they have recently improved. They have nice grounds for the residents to enjoy. The community is very clean. There is decent parking.

It's a great place!

The staff is so friendly. They are just a great group, and seem real concerned about her and stay in touch with us. Their prices are all inclusive. They have three wonderful meals a day, the only thing you pay for is the phone. They have housekeeping once a week, they have a bus and a car for doctors appointments and things. It's beautiful place and pretty on the outside too, you can relax, there are 20 acres with walking paths, and even a play area if grandchildren come to visit. I can't really think of anything they could do better or improve on. The people that live there are real content.

Happy at Home

This is a perfect place in which to live! The Managers, Esther & Robert Mabry, & their Assistant Managers, Richard & Nancy Burk, care very much about their residents & always put them first in what we want/wish to be done.

The changes they have made are very good. They have a positive attitude, which makes it an uplifting atmosphere for all of us.

I couldn't be happier!

We are happy.

We are currently in the process of moving our mom to The Atrium. Although the previous review (about the 3 managers in one month) made us wary, we have found the current (and "permanent") managers extremely committed and accommodating. We have made numerous requests (and then changed those requests as we planned the details of the move). Although it's obvious that Esther Mabry's hands are full in trying to address issues at The Atrium, she was seen more than once mingling and pouring coffee for the residents during meal time. Our research into HolidayTouch facilities revealed that managers do indeed move around but the Mabry's seem to have been placed to get things straightened out and, according to residents that we spoke to, are doing a very good job at it. And it looks like they will be around for awhile. Whatever problems The Atrium has had, we found a strong community atmosphere and happy residents. We are hoping that our mom will soon be one of them. If there are no further comments from me, you will know that all is well.

Really Not Happy

The first month my mother was there they went through three managers. There is no consistency and they lost our paperwork so all the agreements that we made when we moved in, no one knows about them. Right now it's an absolute nightmare and I'm looking at moving her out. We're really not happy. I'm trying to be positive but my mom is miserable. She doesn't even know about the paperwork side of it but when you walk out into the hallway it smells like urine. Her apartment itself is okay because we've made it that way. The food is subpar and the place just smells and that was my worst nightmare, to put my mom in a place that smelled like a nursing home. They're promising me it's going to get better but when you go through three managers in one month something is wrong. I don't even have a final contract so I'm a little bit nervous about what might be coming my way.

Solstice Senior Living provides a fulfilling, independent lifestyle in a welcoming environment.

Nestled in the heart of Grand Junction, you’ll love coming home to the quiet elegance of Solstice Senior Living at Grand Valley. Residents enjoy the convenience of being right down the road from shopping, dining, golf and world-class healthcare.

Our all-inclusive month-to-month rent covers:
- Three delicious and nutritious chef-prepared meals from scratch
- A variety of enriching activities
- Weekly housekeeping and linen service
- Transportation
- Most utilities

Friends in 300 places
Solstice Senior Living offers our residents a one-of-a-kind travel program that invites you to stay up to seven nights per visit at most of our more than 300 independent living communities across the United States and Canada, where you’ll enjoy a comfortable guest room, all your meals, shuttle service, and participation in all programs and activities, at no additional expense.

Built with your comfort and safety in mind
Our easy-to-maneuver floor plans are ideal for seniors and all apartments have emergency pull cords. Our 24/7 dedicated live-in managers provide an additional level of comfort. We understand that each individual is unique and that needs may change over time. Solstice Senior Living does not provide any health care services. Residents are welcome to use outside home health care options that may enable them to continue enjoying life at our community.