Solstice Senior Living at Clovis - Clovis, CA

Solstice Senior Living at Clovis - Clovis, CA has yet not published prices.

Older facility but smaller, family type atmosphere. Slower paced but offered many activities for clients. Sales manager extremely helpful. Would schedule a visit and possibly have dinner.

[name removed] was very helpful, as this was our first stop today. The rooms had a motel feeling. Nice grounds. Overall good feel. Limited menu options, compared to other places.

This is a nice place....beautiful apartments....no additional care however in the rent.....it is AL LA CARTE and extra.

It was a nice place. I want to move there. Has a lot going for it. Good location, very clean, friendly people and no moving for increased medical care. Had not thought about that before. Did not realize some places split up couples with increased medical care issues. Something to consider.

Yosemite Gardens Review

We live in a very nice ground floor apartment (to avoid long elevator waits) in Yosemite Gardens. Local management, staff, activities director, and residents are great. Some advice for any senior facility you consider: Eat several meals and look over the weekly and daily menus to see if the choices, quality, taste, and temperature are to your liking. Remember, you will eat thousands of meals, and spend thousands of dollars, based on your decision. Are the chairs comfortable and safe? You will sit in the chairs up to 120 hours a month. About 6 months ago, I fell in one of the 12-year-old chairs and was, miraculously, only slightly hurt. The casters jam and the casters fall out. Replacement is promised, someday, hopefully before somebody is seriously injured.

Just to big for Mom

I toured this community and it was nice and clean. They had lots of activities. Also had a memory center that would help mom. But unfortunately just to big and I wanted a more one on one environment care for her.

Loved it. Wonderful place. Homey and inviting.

Comfort for Mom!

My mother's stay is going pleasantly! The facility is kept clean and well maintained, with weekly laundry and house cleaning services. The meals are fine, and there are plenty of activities offered to my mother. Overall, we are pleased with her stay!

Happy place!!

I have no complaints about this place and everything they have done for my father so far. They have provided him with excellent quality of care and have been very professional in there work. All of the staff and residents are wonderful people. The community is clean and has a lot of great amenities available throughout the building. I would recommend this place to anyone looking in a great place for there loved one.

A nice place!

My loved ones were the ones who toured Yosemite Gardens, and they said it was a nice place. Everyone there was friendly and welcoming. The main reason we did not choose it was money, Yosemite Gardens was more expensive than other communities that we looked at.

The residents are so happy!

I chose Yosemite Gardens because when I toured, the residents seemed genuinely happy. The staff has been great and my mother is really enjoying the experience so far. I would recommend this community because they have a lot of activities and the care from the staff is very good, it is a great place.

Totally pleased

The food at this community is excellent and they are very accommodating with my mother in law's diet. The staff are great to her. The community is spotless. She likes to participate in knitting, crocheting, word games and puzzles. This community is close to stores, two urgent cares and a hospital. This was a great move for her and I would recommend this community.

The property was very nice and bright. It was near shopping, which is nice. The tour guide was knowledgeable and friendly. The area is the closest to where we live now, which appealed to my mom. Unfortunately, the pricing was the highest and the least comfortable for my mom to commit to.

A tour for care

I toured this community when I was looking for a community. I liked the staff who were nice and friendly. The menu looked appealing. I think that this is a good community to move into. I would recommend this community for care.

Great place!

The place is great, I love all of the staff and management. Everyone is very friendly and the complex is very nice. The only thing we have had a problem with is the meals. They don't always serve her what she was looking forward to. The right at home service doesn't always deliver the things we order but it is mainly the kitchen staff's fault. Other than that, I am very happy with the place.

Review of Yosemite Gardens - Clovis, CA

It was a nice community but not my home

Welcoming

Well my mother is the one who is staying at the facility, and really just all of the staff members at the Yosemite Gardens place have just been so very welcoming to not only my mother, but to the entire family.

Nice, open feeling facility. Sadly, no openings in near future.

Making a tough decision easier!

The staff are very friendly, and profession. Glad my folks are a caring environment.

Jerry and Linda Robison

It is Amazing!

It is Amazing! It is so perfect for us, as perfect as it can be for the situation. We love Yosemite Gardens. They definitely get a five. I can't give them enough positive reviews.

Clean, bright and friendly

Every one has been most helpful since the beginning of our search. After visiting several other independent living communities in the area, I always went back to Yosemite Gardens. My mother has been in there two days, and meeting people. She is so pleased with the staff and the food. Yes food is very important to her. The menu has a great variety. The facility is clean, and bright.

Overall Very Nice!

The only thing I can that needs improvement is the activities director just has them jumping around and not much else to do for activities like another facility that I looked at. Overall this is a very nice facility and very happy when mom was there.

My Mom loves the wait staff!

This is a wonderful and excellent care facility. My Mom really enjoys eating dinner because the wait staff are very friendly college kids. She also said they remember their names and also the food they enjoy too eat!

Overall, this is a great place and I'm happy that my Mom is enjoying it.

Highly recommended! 5/5

Overall pleased with Yosemite Gardens

My mom and I went on a tour, and from the time we stepped in the front door my mom couldn't stop saying how much she loved the facility. She said she felt very comfortable and everyone was so friendly. I was very impressed with my first experience at the facility and really feel my mom will be happy here.

Review of Yosemite Gardens Independent Living in Clovis, CA

Nice tour.

Review of Yosemite Gardens Independent Living in Clovis, CA

Very nice for an independent living. Like the idea this is a home. Think it will fit into plan well. Hopefully can get mother there. Like the idea of adding home are there. Price seemed reasonable.

Very friendly staff and residents, at...

Very friendly staff and residents, attractive facility, many activities.

Very pleased

Our experience hasn’t been long with this community, but we’re very happy with them. There is enough parking. So far the food is excellent. We are very pleased with our experience with Yosemite Gardens so far!

An excellent home for George.

I was very impressed by Yosemite Gardens. It looks and feels like a high end hotel. The staff is very professional, helpful and friendly. My husband and I placed my father-in-law in this assisted living facility. He has never lived alone before, but he quickly adjusted, finding new friends quickly. He enjoys the excellent meals. There are many activities to choose from. Yosemite Gardens is very accommodating to friends and family that visit. And the price is very affordable, with the Community Sales Leader assisting us with finding financial assistance, We were fortunate to have been introduced to this facility by A Place For Mom.

I've been there, need to ch...

I've been there, need to check on the available of low income housing, perhaps a studio.

Mom is Happy Here

My mom is in Yosemite Gardens and she really likes it. My only complaint is the girls that come in and clean her room once a week don't do a really great job. They vacuum and clean the counter tops and things but when I went to visit her there were lots of spider webs on the windows and things like that. I don't know what all they're supposed to do but I think they could do a little more.

My mom goes to all the meals. If she needs a meal in her room for whatever reason, they are good about that, bringing her a meal. She doesn't' use the transportation yet but the food is great for her. She loves it. She likes the activities too. She's been joining in and she likes the people there so I think over all she's pretty happy there. It's working out very well.

9/10/2013 - met Thomas and ...

9/10/2013 - met Thomas and it was fine. A little far out. Didn't like the face that there is no specific place for the puppies. We can fence in an area for the puppies and that was OK.

Wonderful Community

They are a very wonderful community. The staff is helpful and very friendly. They have plenty of activities but our loved one just hasn't wanted to get involved yet. We are very pleased with them and would highly recommend them to anyone.

Fun loving community

Yosemite Gardens is a great community. It is just a super community. It is a fun loving community. Our loved one really loves being here. We are very pleased with them and would recommend them to anyone.

Great Community

The community is not very old; it's only about 10 years old. It is very clean and very well maintained. The staff is very friendly and helpful. The community is safe and secure. The food is good and is healthy with appropriate portions for the elderly. Pam, the manager, was very helpful and very nice. We are pleased with Yosemite Gardens and would recommend it to anyone.

Small Units

There were really nice people but the size of the units was just too small and they had no transportation that could accommodate wheelchairs so that was minus.

I visited them today and I l...

I visited them today and I liked the facility

Looks very promising.

Looks very promising.

Solstice Senior Living provides a fulfilling, independent lifestyle in a welcoming environment.

Located on beautiful grounds in the heart of Clovis, we enjoy mild and sunny weather with views of the snow-capped Sierras in the winter. We’re close to shopping, healthcare, a casino, dining and wonderful area attractions.

Our all-inclusive month-to-month rent covers:
- Three delicious and nutritious chef-prepared meals from scratch
- A variety of enriching activities
- Weekly housekeeping and linen service
- Transportation
- Most utilities

Friends in 300 places
Solstice Senior Living offers our residents a one-of-a-kind travel program that invites you to stay up to seven nights per visit at most of our more than 300 independent living communities across the United States and Canada, where you’ll enjoy a comfortable guest room, all your meals, shuttle service, and participation in all programs and activities, at no additional expense.

Built with your comfort and safety in mind
Our easy-to-maneuver floor plans are ideal for seniors and all apartments have emergency pull cords. Our 24/7 dedicated live-in managers provide an additional level of comfort. We understand that each individual is unique and that needs may change over time. Solstice Senior Living does not provide any health care services. Residents are welcome to use outside home health care options that may enable them to continue enjoying life at our community.

Solstice Senior Living at Clovis is located in Clovis, CA. The town is often referred to as the 'Gateway to the Sierras' because it sits at the base of the mountain range.

- Population: The population of Clovis is only around 106,600 people. The average age of residents in the area is 37 years old.
- Walkability: The walk score for the town is only a 39. Certain areas may be easily accessed on foot, but most errands require a vehicle.
- Senior Facilities: There are many senior facilities and services in this area.
- Veterans Facilities: Clovis has a Veterans Memorial District with memorials, rentals and other services.
- Weather: Residents can expect to enjoy the usual great climate of this area. Warm summers average in the 80s and temperatures dip to the low 50s in the cooler months.

Clovis, CA has many things to offer its residents with a wide variety of outdoor activities, museums and attractions.

Transportation

Residents at Yosemite Gardens can utilize transportation services offered by the facility. For those looking to venture on their own, the city has bus service through the Stageline Transit Service, and seniors over the age of 65 are able to ride completely free! There are many other options available as well:

- 24/7 Taxi: Taxi cab rides in and out of town
- All Day Taxi Service: Taxi rides in and out of town
- Amtrak: In nearby Fresno, CA. Seniors can get discounted fares

Medical Services

There are several medical services available to residents in the area for emergency and routine needs. If folks can't find what they need in town, Fresno is very close by with hospitals and medical centers.

- Clovis Community Medical Center: An award-winning medical center with a large network of providers for urgent and routine care
- Saint Agnes Medical Center: Full hospital with a network of providers and specialists for emergency and routine care
- Clovis Urgent Care Medical Center: Urgent-care facility for injuries and illness

Sports & Leisure

Central California is a great region for those looking to explore the outdoors. There are many national parks and sites to see. It's also well known for its golf courses and there are plenty to choose from!

- Airways Golf Club: Public course with 18 holes to play. Challenging for any skill level.
- Fig Garden Golf Club: Fun course easily accessed from the highway. For any skill level and members get a discount.
- Woodward Park Disc Golf: Fun disc golf course for those looking for something new.

As in much of California, Clovis residents will find tennis courts at many of the public parks. There are many other activities available in this area.

- Clovis Botanical Garden: Visitors can explore native flowers and other species.
- Clovis Big Dry Creek Museum: Learn the history of the town and its role in the Old West.
- Farmers Market: A large market with fresh produce and goods every Friday night of the year.
- Yosemite National Park: Giant sequoia trees and an abundant amount of nature to enjoy in the nearly 1200-square-mile park.

Shopping

There are many popular places to shop in this bustling town. Residents can find usual everyday goods or interesting antiques at one of the shops in Old Town Clovis.

- Old Town Clovis: Antique and collectibles can be found in more shops per mile than any other place in the state of California. Spend the day as there are art galleries and restaurants as well.
- Sierra Vista Mall: Large shopping mall with a variety of popular stores and restaurants. A cinema and arcade are there as well.
- The Avenue: A unique shopping district with a variety of stores and restaurants.

From outdoor markets to specialty shops, there are many options for everyday grocery needs as well.

- FoodMaxx: A warehouse-style grocery store with a variety of goods
- Vons: Popular California grocery store with a variety of items
- Grocery Outlet Bargain Market: A collection of grocery items, gifts and even toys

Restaurants

Residents have access to all of the popular fast food restaurants in this area. For a more relaxed sit-down meal, there are many options from casual to fine dining.

- Yosemite Falls Cafe: Casual family restaurant serving steak and seafood
- Trelio Restaurant: Casual dining with upscale American food
- Revs: California healthy food is served

Entertainment

There are many entertainment options for residents to choose from in and around the town.

- Sierra Vista Cinemas: located at the mall, a full-service movie theater showing the latest releases.
- UA Clovis Movies: Theater showing new releases and old movies
- AMF Rodeo Lanes Bowling: Bowling alley with leagues much more

Religious Services

There are plenty of religious services available in this small area. Residents have many options to find the right church for them. Some of the closest to Yosemite Gardens are:
- New Life Community Church: Place of worship that's open to the community
- St. Peter Lutheran Church: Place of worship
- Valley Friends Church: Place of worship, open to the public

Clovis is truly a unique and great place to live. The many activities and amenities make this an ideal retirement area.