A warm and inviting community

The staff at Cedar Creek are sweet and caring. They do charge for extra services such as giving out medication. The food is really good and the chef is nice. They offer two specials or you can choose something from the menu. The community is clean and they offer some daily activities. I know my loved one will be fine here and I would recommend this community.

Cedar Creek is a lovely place, I have friends who resides at Cedar Creek, the facility there is clean, staff is very helpful and they really care about the fokes there. Plenty of activities that are age appropriate, The food is delicious and it a loving atmosphere. That is the way I would love to live my golden years out at Cedar Creek. It is expensive but they do offer and do alot for the people who live there and great care will cost you there but to have a peace of mind knowing that my love one is well looked after has no dollar amount attached to it.

So grateful for Cedar Creek

We couldn't have hoped for anything better than Cedar Creek! We were spending so much time worrying about my grandmother and now we have a sense of relief. She was resistant at first, but quickly made it her home. She has made so many friends and is always busy. There's always some event going on and staff & management are always involved. The staff knows everyone by name and treats everyone like family. They assist her with so much and from previous experiences, we know that you can't find quality care everywhere. Cedar Creek is the answer to our prayers! Grandma is happy and that's all that matters to us!

Disheartened over time

When I brought dad to Cedar Creek initially it seemed of great value, pricey but was assured he would receive the best of care.

However over time as his memory failed further, so did the care. The first few years I did his laundry, bathed him, cleaned his room, and brought extra food for him to snack on.

I started pulling back on that responsibility because at the rate I had been paying these things (aside from the snacks) should have all been covered.

Then I would hear grumblings from the staff over having to do these things. We were not at the $2,500 base rate we were at the higher rate for a studio.

Over time they were allowing for medical care outside of his available current coverage without my consent. The attendant went behind my back and told the on staff doctor I authorized her to be his primary physician when I told her the complete opposite. I told director. And as always he said he would look into it. Nothing ever happened.

Snacks were disappearing at an alarming rate. I brought this up to the director and he said oh yes I saw him giving these things out. That was not in dads character. Keeping these snacks in his apartment kept his weight up. I was told to stop the snacks since they were becoming missing.

Many other issues of items missing, or allowing packages to be brought to his room went unattended. There were other family members who would cause issues not only at the facility but in his prior care. I needed to monitor communication due to his confused state. I was told they would look into it. Nothing more ever done.

He started loosing weight rapidly. I came in one evening and asked the dining room attendant if he had been down for dinner. This was close to 6:30pm. He said not he had not seen him. I asked an attendant if he had been brought down for dinner. She said he didn't want to go. I went to his room and he was sitting in front of the television. No food brought to his room, nothing. I brought him food and he devoured it.

I am seeking other accommodations as I do not feel once the ability to care for ones self declines, they are inclined to help.

Good for independent living, negligent for anything more

They have some front line staff who really does care. Unfortunately they also have management who does not. All they care about is making money. Collecting that rent, then hiring the minimum employees they can without it being obvious that they are negligent. The residents who are self sufficient thrive and do great. The residents who need hands on care, don't. The more care they need, the more the quality of care drops, and management does nothing about it. It's obvious that their staff is spread too thin, and they have a few employees who flat out ignore unsanitary conditions. The food is gross. They advertise it like it is amazing but it isn't.

Would Definitely Recommend

I think that overall it has been a good experience. I think the staff is really responsive to the residents. I would say that the only area of improvement could be better response times from the different departments. It is not bad, but could be improved. Otherwise I think it is great and would recommend this place to anybody.

Thanks for the great respite Cedar Creek!!

What a godsend. I had to fly back East for the holidays. There was no way I could leave my Pops at home on his own. He thinks he can do his own medications but that just doesn't work. He over medicated the last time I went on vacation and fell. Cedar Creek was able to provide respite service for us. I took care of my business and they took care of my sweet but frail Father.
When I need to travel again, Dad will be in good hands.
A grateful son.

We found the home for Mom we have been looking for.

We had been touring several facilities....Cedar Creek felt like a community....The residents and staff were friendly, smiling and welcoming.

The comlimentary lunch was delicious! The servers knew the residents by name and I overheard some good TLC as the ordering was taking place.

The point system for care plans sounds sensible. I want to know what I am paying for and this detailed approach creates a clear list of the care being provided for mom. She deserves the best.

Mom is moving in!

Madera County is so very fortunate to have a beautiful and well managed senior housing community like Cedar Creek!

meet the membership director

I went in to inquire for my mother. The cost for a studio was $[removed]. They have a "points" menu. It seems elusive and secretive. I inquired what it would cost for three showers a week for my mom and setting up her meds once a week. I was told it would be roughly $[removed] a month total. Obviously, $[removed] a month for those minimal extras seemed high. That said, I asked if we could bring in private people (We have great people who do it for much cheaper)? The membership director was very condescending to me and said "why would you want to?" If an organization has a membership director who is curt and rude, it clearly raises red flags to me as to whose best interests are at heart. I said "wow" and excused myself. I know I seek the best care for my mom. I can only say that this is not a place I would ever take her....... "profit above concern for the elderly" is how I would categorize my limited exposure to this place.

meet the membership director

I went in to inquire for my mother. The cost for a studio was $2800. They have a points menu. It seems elusive and secretive. I inquired what it would cost for three showers a week for my mom and setting up her meds once a week. I was told it would be roughly $4,000 a month total. Obviously, $1,200 a month for those minimal extras seemed high. That said, I asked if we could bring in private people (We have great people who do it for much cheaper)? The membership director was very condescending to me and said why would you want to? If an organization has a membership director who is curt and rude, it clearly raises red flags to me as to whose best interests are at heart. I said wow and excused myself. I know I seek the best care for my mom. I can only say that this is not a place I would ever take her....... profit above concern for the elderly is how I would categorize my limited exposure to this place.

I have really had a good experience.

I have really had a good experience. The maintenance is ongoing, so people are always working on things, hammering on things. Other than that, it's clean, and the staff is friendly. We are pretty happy with them.

I was satisfied with their service.

I was satisfied with their service. If we had any needs, they were more than happy to take care of them. We had a little issue with my loved one not knowing or wanting to ring the bell when he needed help, and they addressed that right away and took care of it. They did a good job.

Ren Carter

Thank you! We know there is a learning curve when our residents first arrive. We encourage and empower them to communicate directly with us as we get to know their individual preferences and personality.

They are fantastic, I give them fives for everything.

They are fantastic, I give them fives for everything. My loved one lived here for a while, but I was paying the extra out of my pocket and unfortunately I couldn't keep doing it. They were great though!

Cedar Creek Senior Living of Madera was designed and built in 2007 with senior living in mind. We are locally owned yet professionally managed by Integral Senior Living. We offer over-sized apartments, wide, brightly lit corridors and three choices of accommodations. Our independent condominium living, assisted living, and memory care are all located in the same resort style community nestled on four acres of beautifully landscaped gardens in quiet Northwest Madera on the corner of Sunset Avenue at 500 North Westberry Blvd. Cedar Creek is near family and friends, and close to all the familiar services you always count on. We focus on your daily chores, while you enjoy your favorite pastimes. Cedar Creek Senior Living offers the flexibility you want, and peace of mind knowing you have quality care.

Our Independent Living Condominium Style Cottages with landscaped patios offer privacy, independence, tranquility and twenty four hour security. One monthly rent includes utilities, all meals, garden maintenance, weekly housekeeping and linen service, transportation for appointments in Fresno and Madera, activities and entertainment.

If you or a family member requires assistance with daily activities, our Assisted Living Community offers oversized accommodations and an array of supportive services. Amenities include elegant restaurant style dining, housekeeping and laundry services, recreational activities, fitness and wellness center, chauffeur transportation and more! Our staff provides personalized “around the clock” care to help each resident maintain the highest level of independence possible while at the same time giving families peace of mind. Choose from studio, 1-bedroom and 2-bedroom apartments.

Dealing with memory loss affects not only the individual, but their family and friends as well. For those struggling from the effects of Alzheimer's and other Dementias, Generations Memory Care at Cedar Creek is a safe, secured environment where residents enjoy twenty four specialized care in a comfortable, home-like setting. Generations features private and shared suites, an individual activities program, fitness exercises and specialty family style dining. Generations also includes a circular floor plan and secure garden area to enable our residents to safely enjoy a stroll, indoors or out. If you, or someone you know, has a loved one who needs memory support, Generations at Cedar Creek is here to help.

When considering a senior living community, we know that services and amenities are important. Cedar Creek offers the lifestyle, care and conviviality you expect, and we are pet friendly. Welcome to a better quality of life, uncomplicated.