Fairwinds - Woodward Park - Fresno, CA

A lot of amenities. Very busy place. A lot of action going on.

Our first choice of the 4 facilities we toured. [name removed] was very helpful and welcoming. Great information! Lunch was excellent, and [name removed] (server) was a delight! Lots of activities, as it is a larger community.

Very nice facility (though it was undergoing remodeling so quite a bit more "activity" then normal - but nice to know they are keeping it fresh).
If we relocate dad to Fresno this will be on our A list.

Very fancy, very nice, disorganized at the front entrance and reception staff does not multitask and keep necessary business running smoothly. Staff does not use sense of urgency management. Marketing staff very friendly and helpful.

Chelsia Hart

Thank you for taking the time to post your comment. We regret that you did not catch our front desk staff at our best. We pride ourselves on the first impression and regret that yours wasn’t 100% positive. We hope that our staff will get a second chance to impress you and demonstrate why we are consistently ranked “Best Senior Living Community” by the Fresno Bee. Please reach out if you have any other questions.
Thanks,
Deanne Edwards, General Manager

Clean Property!!

I had recently taken a tour of this community for my mother and I have no complaints of how things had went.The staff where on time to our appointment and made sure to answer any questions I had for them in detail. I liked the open floor plan and the great amenities that where available to all of the residents. It was just not the right budget for us in the end decision.

Lovely Place

Fairwinds - Woodward Park is a lovely place. It is a very clean and well-kept community. The staff is friendly and caring and do what they can for to help my Mom adjust to the move. It is hard for my Mom to ask for help when she has been used to being independent for most of her life. She likes the food they provide here. They provide plenty of activities but the one activity my Mom loves to play is Bridge, it is one on the reasons that helped us make the decision to move here to Fairwinds. My mom also enjoys the musical entertainment they provide. We have decorated her room with her furniture and her pictures on up on the wall. The community has a bus for shopping trips into town, my Mom has not made the trip into town yet, she is still a little unsure of her surroundings. It sometimes takes some time to adjust.

I liked this tour with this community. The staff was helpful and friendly. The menu looked appealing. The community was clean and had a nice feeling. They do offer activities for the residents who want to participate. We would recommend other families to tour this community for the care of a loved one.

The property was beautiful. The tour guide was wonderful without applying any pressure at all. I liked the oven/stove in the room and the 2 restaurants with full menus. However, most rooms did not have a balcony/patio.

Top Choice. We liked the choices for exercise and the dining room, we liked the check in system and we found the facilities very nice and the activities for the residents had the most variety.

Easy transition!!

The staff have helped my loved one make an easy transition into this community and have made sure she feels safe and comfortable in her new living environment. I have no complaints so far of her stay at this facility.

I love bingo with the ladies!!

I have really enjoyed my stay here at this community , the staff have been outstanding. The waiters in the dinning room especially are always going out of there way to accommodate my needs and make sure I have everything I need. My favorite activity would have to be my bingo nights with the other ladies, I really enjoy the company. Overall I have no complaints and would defiantly recommend this place to anyone.

It's like being on a festive cruise ship!

My family member was apprehensive of the "unknown" in a place that she wasn't familiar with. The beautiful lobby, festive atmosphere, caring staff and well maintained grounds seemed like a safe place and environment. She has been in her apartment two weeks now and she seems happy! It is on the pricey side but her laughter when I talk to her is well worth it

A special Thanks to [Removed], senior advisor, a place for mom. She rocks!!

No Problems Here

My mother-in-law is doing well and is happy here at this community and it is well maintained and clean. The staff are attentive and helpful with all that is needed. The meals have been fine for my mother-in-law and she is going to exercise class and social gatherings. I have no issues with this community and I would recommend this community.

Very Impressive

Fairwinds is now my Grandparents new home and my Grandfather is completely in love with the place while my grandmother on the other hand is still trying to get used to the idea. The one thing that matters is that they are happy and comfortable. The place is immaculately clean and all of the the staff really seem to enjoy their job. They actually care for not only the residents and their families. Isaac helped me in the beginning and answered all of my questions. He spent two hours with me going over questions that I had. This was by far the best place I visited. The residents seem to be happy and have plenty of activities to participate in. The food is what my Grandfather likes the most. I would most definitely recommend the place!

Review of Fairwinds - Woodward Park - Fresno, CA

I was impressed both with the staff and the facility itself. It was clean and felt like it could be my home. I especially liked all the living options all the apartments were spacious and some had fireplaces and a real kitchen I am still doing research on communities but this is one of the ones at the top of my list

Review of Fairwinds - Woodward Park - Fresno, CA

Isaac and Ren did a wonderful job of providing information and taking us on a tour of Fairwinds. They were very friendly professional and upbeat about the many amenities offered. There were several types of units shown- a shared common arrangement with two bedrooms a private unit with one bedroom and a private unit with two bedrooms. Small kitchen areas were included with a microwave and refrigerator. Walk-in closet space was quite large. Bathrooms were large with high profile toilets grab bars throughout and large roll-in showers that could also accommodate a shower chair. Every unit is freshly carpeted and painted before a new resident moves in. Public spaces were large and well furnished. Chairs in the common movie viewing area were comfortably firm and supportive. Residents were very involved with each other and most we saw were standing and walking about with walkers. They did not acknowledge us as visitors nor attempt to engage in conversation. That seemed to be a bit cliquish. I d be concerned about residents making any effort to welcome newcomers. There is an on-site beauty salon with services for nails hair and massage. It seems like a really great place for the right personality but it does not feel like a good fit for Mom. The first thing I noticed was the sound- loud and echoing throughout the cavernous building. It is much like a very large hotel in a noisy urban area. Although the camaraderie amongst the residents was a positive thing it was shared that sometimes they get into friendly shouting matches. Differences of opinion can flair up into altercations which soon smooth over. That is not an environment which would be conducive to my mother s emotional health. Serenity is something she needs and that was not an evident tone at Fairwinds. While I understand the practical aspect of asking about the financial resources of a potential resident I felt this was one of the first issues addressed- before any substantive discussion of the physical social emotional and spiritual needs of my mother. There were moments when the staff person was looking at the computer screen rather than at me. Just a fine point which is a particular pet peeve of mine. Another concern is the open stairways reaching up three floors. While they were elegant and attractive I imagine they would trigger anxiety in my mother as she attempted to walk inside the building. The building is enormous and the number of residents is high. I honestly believe that may be one reason why residents engage in heated verbal exchanges. Living amongst so many people does elicit these kind of survival instincts particularly with males. I was concerned about my mother getting lost in the building. There are many hallways. Although each resident is encouraged to decorate their door in a unique way to help with that aspect I even found myself turned around. A big plus was the key system employed for residents. They wave a device in front of a two-inch-square pad above the door handle. In addition to being easy to use for people with visual challenges entrance and exit data is used to document their whereabouts as well as times when services such as medication are administered. There was a pool area- not a big plus for my mother. There were many activities offered but the group games in the front room as we entered seemed to be a little wild for Mom s demeanor. Outside walkways were on the narrow side and there were dips and rises which would be difficult for my mother to navigate. Although well maintained the outdoor garden areas were fairly standard and without much personal appeal. Distance from our Tower District home is also a factor it would take a half hour to travel across town to visit or pick her up for adventures. That is a lot of time that could better be spent interacting with her rather than driving on the freeway. I imagine the location is far more convenient for families who live in north-end Fresno. The bottom line is this Fairwinds is a hotel-style environment and we are looking for a more home-like situation

Not the top living community anymore

This living community used to be amazing, I had my mom come take a tour two years ago but decided she would live with me for awhile. Now an incident has happened and we have started looking again. Fairwinds is nothing like it used to be. The staff and management has changed and not for the better I believe. I witnessed an employee talking down to a resident that I just didn't think was in anyway appropriate. I would never allow my mother to live in a place where she could get yelled at the way the woman was. The food has gone downhill and the cleanliness of the facility isn't as nice as it should be. For the price of this place it definitely isn't worth it!

Friendly Staff

The place is clean, tidy, amazing. It is very expensive. Compared to other places in the area, they don't really offer much transportation to events happening around the city. As far as scheduled activities away from the place, they do not offer much. The staff is really friendly though.

Best Place!

My grandma lives at Fairwinds Woodward Park she has been their for 8 years and she loves it, loves the staff. very friendly, caregivers are awesome! she lives in the assisted living part. I recommend. \r\n\r\n

Very nice looking place

This place looked very nice during our tour. It was clean inside, and all of the staff seemed very friendly. The food in particular looked very good, compared to some other places we saw. Although I wasn't as big a fan of their meal plan set-up, where the residents can order off of a large menu, but have a limited monthly budget. I was worried my loved one might burn through her budget too fast. They offer a wide variety of floor plans, and while some were nice other were small and did not have balconies. The assisted living here was also split into a few different areas, which I felt spread the care staff out a bit too much.
Overall a very nice place, though!

We were very impressed, rea...

We were very impressed, ready to move Dad in. later we were trying to figure out what we should have asked. While we were there we didn't see any caregivers at all. Want to keep looking.

An Easy Choice

Both of my 90+ year old grandparents moved in to “Fairwinds”. The reason we choose them was because the people are really nice and friendly. The community is very clean and well maintained. My grandparents like the food they say that it’s pretty good. Fairwinds have all sorts of activities to do, the even have a swimming pool. It was an easy choice for me and my grandparents to choose the “Woodward Park Fairwinds”.

Not recommended

My loved one was left alone without any assistance from the staff. I would not recommend this location unless someone can wash and take care of themselves without assistance. Very bad experience with Fairwinds that is hard to even talk about.

Toured before. 5 stars but expensive...

Toured before. 5 stars but expensive and not assisted living.

When you visit our retirement community in the Woodward Park neighborhood of Fresno, you’ll notice something unexpected the minute you walk through the doors. You can see, hear, and feel the energy and vibrancy of our community. The lobby is bustling, people are laughing, and friends are chatting. Some are planning outings to the San Joaquin River or Fort Washington Golf Course, while others are gathered in the bistro drinking their morning coffee. Fairwinds - Woodward Park feels like an active community because it is an active community.

Our philosophy of white glove, five-star service translates into an experience that feels more like a vacation at your favorite resort rather than a typical retirement community. The atmosphere is warm, friendly, and inviting—whatever our residents need, our helpful staff is ready to deliver.

At Fairwinds - Woodward Park, we don’t just care for people—we care about people, and want to help our residents live the retirement of their dreams. Ready to hit the greens and perfect your golf swing? No problem. How about a European cruise? We’ll plan it end to end. Karaoke after dinner sound fun? Standard play. Gourmet meals for the most discerning foodie? Our chefs are award-winning. Whatever you want to do, whatever your passions are, we can help bring them to life in this next phase of life.

At Fairwinds - Woodward Park, the retirement of your dreams is there for the taking. All you have to do is make yourself at home.

License #107201156