Solstice Senior Living at Bangor - Bangor, ME

Solstice Senior Living at Bangor - Bangor, ME has yet not published prices.

In same neighborhood of parents home

The primary reason my parents chose this location was that it was just about a mile from their home so they were very familiar with the area and felt comfortable there. The community is extremely clean and well maintained nice grounds.
They are going to meals on a regular basis and enjoying the food. The staff is friendly and helpful. After my parents seeing this community they were not interested in looking at anymore.

Great retirement home!

It is a very friendly and clean place,beautiful with flowers and pictures. The food is great and many choices to pick for a meal. I had no problems making friends and finding a lot of activities to do and be happy. I can not say more positive about it.
I love to paint and every friday they have a paint class and learn more.
I had a doctor appointment and they took me there on the bus. What a great driver and friendly.
I am looking forward to the trip to come but have not had any yet.
There is always singing and entertainment to listen to so never bored.
I all so get my exercise walking and chair exercise.Who could ask for more.

My friend really enjoyed his tour with Ashley at Sunbury today. The place is spacious and clean and updated with many amenities and activies available. My friend really liked the one bedroom apartments and thought the price was fair and reasonable considering his finances. He plans to return on Wednesday to have breakfast with Ashley. We have not made a decision at this time but were very happy with our first impression.

Everythings good!

The activities that they offer here are okay. The staff are okay and they do what needs to be done. Things are going well for mom. Mom does not care for the food, but when I was there the food was excellent. The community and mom's room is kept clean.

A tour for care

I toured this nice community. I found the staff were friendly and were able to answer all of my questions. They have a nice variety of meals and great activities. This would have been a great place for me, but a little more then what I could afford. I would recommend the community to other families for great care.

Stay away This place is not where you want to live!

I know people who live here and they constantly complain about the kitchen running out of food in the middle of a meal. They call me all the time telling me they got half a ham sandwich for dinner. They no longer drive and have no way to go outside the facility to obtain a decent meal. They pay thousands in rent a month and cant even get a hamburger for lunch. They should be investigated for abuse of the elderly while they continue to cut corners to fill their corporate pockets with money from our elderly. They should be ashamed of themselves..

Holiday Retirement

Thank you very much for sharing these comments with us. We take reviews very seriously here at Sunbury Village, as we do our food program and the level of care we provide for our senior residents. We consider it a high honor to be able to serve seniors, and would like very much the opportunity to speak with you to learn more about your comments. If you can, please give our Resident Relations team a call at [removed] so we can speak with you and learn more about the very serious nature of your comments. Thank you!

Very nice place!

Our experience with Sunbury Village has been a good one, overall! The staff here is friendly and professional, and they've just been very helpful to our family overall. The facility itself is well kept and clean, and they take good care of the residents. So far our only real issue is that their transportation van is not wheelchair accessible, which can make things difficult.

Wonderful place with wonderful food

Things seem to be going really well. She is very happy there and she loves the way it is there. She keeps talking about how wonderful the food is. She says it is just like going to a nice restaurant everyday. She talks about how happy people are there. They make her laugh and they know her by name. She is thriving because of that kind of thing. She says the library there is wonderful. All in all she says she can't imagine anyone not wanting to live here. They are just so nice there. Everything is wonderful there. I can see it in just how she looks. She is more at ease and relaxed there.

Very friendly, happy staff and residents. The building is beautiful, clean, and sunny. Lots of activities for residents to socialize and stay active. The Restraunt style dinning is both delicious and nicely organized.

A nice community

The Sunbury Village is a nice community. It has been a good experience so far. It is very clean. The staff has been excellent. Everything has been going excellent. My loved one is doing very well.

Price was reasonable all around. Not cheap mind you but taking into account the very professionally operated business, worth the money. Both staff and residents were happy and friendly. This isn't an assisted care facility but an over 55 apartment system with tons of amenities. Maintenance was superior. While it is a large place with somewhere around 150 residents this is a plus. The large size allows for a community feel with lots of choices. I am looking for my Mom and when I turn 55, if it were to fit into my lifestyle, I would be happy there myself.

Program review for Sunbury Retirement Living

I have found Sunbury to be a top notch program and I feel very secure having my parent there

Accommodating

I'm relatively new here. I've been here about 2 or 3 months. The capacity is about 97% filled here. I moved her to be right by the nursing home that my mother was living in so that I could keep visiting her. I recently lost my mom so it's no reflection on Sunbury Village but I'm not sure what my long range plans are going to be. It's a very nice community. I've met a lot of nice people and been treated nicely. It's a fine spot. I would certainly recommend it to people who want to move to a congregate living situation.

Some people are discontent with some things. The size of the place makes the service a little slow at meal times and they won't allow a person to move from one room to another or provide any help moving in the first place.

I am most appreciative of everything everyone had done. They've been very accommodating and gracious.

Wonderful Management

My dad loves it there. It was a very smooth transition. The management staff is extremely wonderful, attentive and approachable. If he's not down at dinner, someone goes to check on him. It's all positive! I think it's equitable to others around.

I think there could be more activities for men. A lot of the things seem to be women-oriented but there are more women there.

It's absolutely beautiful and they're very good about doing things quickly. When there was a little rise from the lenolium to the rug, it was hard to get the walker over. We told them about it and they came right up and fixed it.

Mom liked it, although studio was kin...

Mom liked it, although studio was kind of small in size. only 1 elevator, long walk to elevator or to go outside from many of the rooms.

Solstice Senior Living provides a fulfilling, independent lifestyle in a welcoming environment.

Nestled in picturesque grounds in the charming community of Bangor, you’ll love the tasteful elegance of our facilities while enjoying the convenience of the town. We’re just minutes from shopping, healthcare, dining and many other wonderful area attractions.

Our all-inclusive month-to-month rent covers:
- Three delicious and nutritious chef-prepared meals from scratch
- A variety of enriching activities
- Weekly housekeeping and linen service
- Transportation
- Most utilities

Friends in 300 places
Solstice Senior Living offers our residents a one-of-a-kind travel program that invites you to stay up to seven nights per visit at most of our more than 300 independent living communities across the United States and Canada, where you’ll enjoy a comfortable guest room, all your meals, shuttle service, and participation in all programs and activities, at no additional expense.

Built with your comfort and safety in mind
Our easy-to-maneuver floor plans are ideal for seniors and all apartments have emergency pull cords. Our 24/7 dedicated live-in managers provide an additional level of comfort. We understand that each individual is unique and that needs may change over time. Solstice Senior Living does not provide any health care services. Residents are welcome to use outside home health care options that may enable them to continue enjoying life at our community.