The Country Villa - Bangor, ME

I visited with a friend to see her dad as it was meal time we went to the very disorganized and small dining room. The food did not look very well either. I walked around and noticed a couple of staff members whispering and talking about people when they noticed me they went about their business--very unprofessional! I was there to view atmosphere for several older friends parents so not impressed by what I saw. I did not recommend this place to them based on what I saw(mostly staff behavior) and hallways being very dark would be a big issue for elderly.

Fun place for Mom!

My father passed away leaving my mother living alone. The upkeep of their home was too much and she was very lonely. A friend of mine told me about Country Villa - so I called and came in for a tour. The manager there was very helpful and invited us to bring my mom in for lunch the following week. That is all it took, mom was convinced and moved in a few weeks later and quickly realized she enjoyed having someone else doing the cooking and laundry. Having activities going on all the time and friends to visit with seem to have cheered her up immensely and she lives for her weekly hair appointment and never has to leave the building. I am thankful she is happy and would recommend this facility to anyone. Hands down an all around great experience!

A Great Place For My Dad

My father moved into The Country Villa a couple of months ago and I was nervous to say the least. However, I am now so relieved and I can't say enough about the caring staff, great meals - and social activities that take place there. My father has adjusted well, made some new friends, and adopted the staff there as his extended family. They are all so kind and go out of there way to make family members feel comfortable as well. It's been a great experience and I would recommend this wonderful place to anyone that is need of a few services in order to live in a home like setting as independently as possible.

We are very happy at Country Villa

My mother moved in almost 6 months and loves it. It sold to a new nonprofit in October and we have seen several improvements under the new ownership. The new Director, [Removed] is professional and caring. They are client focused and attentive to all my mothers needs. She loves the home cooked meals and daily housekeeping services. This is a great value in a homelike setting. I'm very pleased with our experience!

A once nice facility has gone to the gutter.

Our experience with the Villa started out really well. My grandmother was admitted without a waiting period and was given a nice room. She was treated fairly at first, but our experience has drastically changed over the past 6 months. The staff claims to not be able to wake her up for meals and calls 911 without notifying my mother. My mother often gets phone calls once my grandmother is at the hospital. If my mother goes in to wake her up, she wakes with no issue. She is often shunned to her bedroom and not allowed to socialize with other residents and sits in her bedroom alone all day. We get conflicting reports from staff members and there seems to be lots of back biting and negative feelings among the staff. The Villa was just sold last week and my mother was not notified until yesterday. This once well-run facility is very poorly staffed and I feel the residents are neglected and not given the love and care they need.

The Right Choice

Excellent home for our elderly mom. She loves it and says she never wants to leave. The staff is very caring and friendly.

Very pleasant and helpful proprietor. Facility is on the small side so if that is the environment which is most attractive to you then this may be the place. I was concerned about a few minor repair or upgrades that I noticed. Not unusual for a home and this is more of a home than a facility.

I would recommend without hesitation.

The main reason that we mom and I choose “country village inn” for her retirement is that they have 24 hour supervision. Someone is their all of the time. It’s relatively close to home so it’s easier for family to visit and the rooms are a good size. They have plenty of seats and shade outside for when you just need to get some fresh air. The meals that they provide are “Top Notch”! All the meals are home cooked even there incredible homemade deserts. If my mom should miss a meal for any reason they will actually go and check on her to see why, just to make sure everything is ok. The people are very friendly and very attentive. “Country Village” is top notch and the price is reasonable. I would recommend “Country Village Retirement Inn” to anyone without hesitation.

Very welcoming, clean, down to earth....

Very welcoming, clean, down to earth. Dad liked it and could see being comfortable there.