Solano Life House - Dixon, CA

• Memory Care Services
  • 24-Hour Security

Best Home For Dad

My dad has lived at Solano Life House for 3 years 3 months. I finally felt at ease to be able to take vacations. I did not worry about his care because he had really good care. The staff are very friendly and caring people. I am so thankful that someone told me about Solano Life House and that this is the place that my dad considered his home. We are like a big family here.

Beryleen

My mom lived at Solano Life House for nearly 4 years and I was very pleased with our experience there. I originally placed her somewhere else and that was a HUGE mistake! Once moved to Solano LIfe House she began to feel safe, and eventually began to smile again. The care givers and other staff hugged her, joked with her, and genuinely cared for her and her happiness. As a family member I always watched how the staff cared for not just my mom but everyone living there. Their care and concern seemed to be consistent weather a family member was present or not. The facility manager [name removed] and General Manager [name removed] were always open to suggestions and very responsive as my mom's needs evolved. I highly recommend and have referred several friends to bring their family member to SLH. Actually three of them also placed loved ones at Solano Life House and are all very happy with their decision to do so. Placing my mom in a facility was the hardest thing I ever had to do but once at Solano Life House it was the best thing for my mom!

Facility is clean. Staff and management are friendly.
Our grandfather/great-grandfather was a resident for over 3 years at Solano Lifehouse. The staff took great care of him, making sure his needs were being met. We are thankful that our grandfather had SLH to call home for the past 3 years.

Review of Solano Life House Dixon, CA

Wonderful staff, great food, great facility, upkeep and cleanliness. My Mom is very happy here! This facility deserves the highest praise and recognition possible!

Review of Solano Life House Dixon, CA

My wife has been here for going on three months. I believe the staff does all they can to make her happy and take care of her needs.

Review of Solano Life House Dixon, CA

I feel the staff here has been really great with my Dad.

Review of Solano Life House Dixon, CA

Very caring and loving employees and staff. They take very good care of our Father!

Awesome care staff!!

Review of Solano Life House Dixon, CA

Solano Life House has a friendly environment. The staff warmly greets family as they enter. They sincerely care about the residents and treat them with courtesy and dignity. The staff involves the residents in daily activities and regular outings. They do their best to take care of all the ongoing needs of the residents. The meals and snacks are nutritious and appetizing. I would recommend Solano Life House. It is a demanding job for them, but considering cost and atmosphere, they are excellent.

Review of Solano Life House Dixon, CA

The staff at Solano Life House work diligently and with compassion in caring for their residents. Considering the constant need for assistance and the many responsibilities the staff attends to, they answer and fulfill these needs as soon as possible, adequately and professionally. The staff is very friendly and attentive to residents and visitors. SLH offers a comfortable and simple atmosphere which meets the needs of their residents at this stage in their life. Recreational, social and craft activities are much enjoyed as well as the nutritious snacks and meals. I am happy and satisfied that my Dad is part of the family at SLH.

Review of Solano Life House Dixon, CA

Completely satisfied with the care. The facility is clean and fresh. The care staff are thorough and helpful.

Review of Solano Life House Dixon, CA

My Mom has adapted very well in this small community. The people who work here care deeply for the residents. I like that this live-in community is small so that is not overwhelming for the residents. I recommend this live-in facility for anyone who is looking for an assisted living facility for their loved one.

Review of Solano Life House Dixon, CA

This establishment is courteous, efficient, professional and caring to all. A clean and comfortable place to visit or live. I highly recommend.

Review of Solano Life House Dixon, CA

We love this facility and the caregivers are wonderful. At times they are very shorthanded and need more help. Employees need to be recognized for their good work. Need to improve housekeeping and cleaning of residents wheelchairs. Mary the administrator is wonderful.

Review of Solano Life House Dixon, CA

This facility has been outstanding--All you could hope for in care.

Review of Solano Life House Dixon, CA

My wife has resided here for 3 1/2 years because she needs around the clock care. I am very pleased with the care she is receiving. The staff is uniformly warm and friendly and create a pleasant atmosphere. The meals are also very good, plentiful and tasty. The facility is light and airey and maintained imaculatly. I don't think I could have found a better place for my wife under our difficult circumstances.

Solano Life House

Solano Life House is a very caring place. The staff is amazing. They are sensitive, kind and have a genuine interest in the clients their family needs. That extends from the director to care providers to ground keepers. This is what make the place special.

They have various activities to keep the clients active and engaged through out the day. Clients get to go on community outings in Dixon and surrounding areas.

We feel assured that mom is being watched over and being well taken care. Thank you Solano Life House!

I recommend Solano Life House

I visited several facilities before deciding on Solano Life House. The administrator, [Removed] and her staff are very welcoming and caring. From the first day, my mother has felt at home at Solano Life House. She has actually gotten better since she came to live at Solano Life House. Although she has only been here a short time, she interacts with everyone and the staff is very caring with her. She now goes on outings and there are scheduled activities that the residents do everyday with activity directors. I recommend this facility for anyone who is looking for a small facility with a caring staff who really care about their residents.

Solano Life House is a great Assisted Living Facility

[Removed] July 16, 2017
I am a friend or relative of a current/past resident

I just wanted to tell you thank you for taking such good care of my dad, [Removed]. I was able to see the place one time because I was just visiting from Tennessee. I was so very impressed by the cleanliness, caring staff and willingness to answer our questions. It’s a difficult to place your dad into a care home, but I am so glad he is with you. I know he is as safe as possible.

Almost Ready to Move In

At the time we toured and many visit afterwards, there were no rooms available. The community has about 38 residents. The first time I stopped by, there was a long table with guests and the residents getting ready for lunch. On another mid-afternoon I saw the residents sitting around doing nothing, some were watching tv in a nice size room for the residents.

It's all about mom.

We had our mom at home thinking it was the right thing to do. But she wasn't happy. We did a search for what we learned was called Memory Care and we saw a lot of large corporate facilities that we weren't comfortable with. Then we chanced upon Solano Life House in Dixon. Our mom is happy now and we thank all the wonderful, caring people at Solano Life House for giving her a new life.

The first thing I noticed about Solano Life house was their practical pricing policy. The fixed rate takes a lot of anxiety off the table and focuses on care. The second thing is the social nature of the common room and the halls. This is a place to make friends and do things with others even in the limited constraints of dementia. Then the most important thing comes into view - that way that the staff bonds with the residents and really cares for them.

I'm very grateful to [Removed] and [Removed] and all their staff for what they have done for our mom. It's all about her.

Best Of The Best!!

My mother and i have really liked the services the community has been offering to her. The activities are great for my mother they work with her so that they best fit her needs. It's a safe place with wonderful people. My mother is really happy, the meals are good and healthy. I like that she is very active which is wonderful.

Review of Solano Life House in Dixon, California

ALL of the staff at Solano Life House are a very friendly and helpful group of people. Ask ANYONE for anything, and they are on it immediately. The administrator is an up-beat, positive, multi-tasking, super women, who has worked her way up through all of the positions and wants to know how all departments are functioning.

The staff are working hard to make mom feel welcome. The facility is clean, basic, and simple. It is also pet friendly. This helped, as mom was able to take her parakeet. Dogs and cats are welcomed, as residents, or visitors. On my visits there, I like taking our dog as she livens up the residents, the staff, and my mom. I may be asking for too much here ... but the place could benefit from having a "house dog", a friendly, large, dog, romping around.

Currently the facility is a little short staffed and the staff are stretched a little thin and harried, but still attentive. Once fully staffed, services here will be even better.

Visitors are welcomed 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Someone is always there. I am glad that my mom is there, as taking care of her ourselves got too complicated and difficult.

I enjoy the amount of attention my Dad gets at Solano Life House, they have a big staff. He said the food is okay.

There is nothing negative to say about Solano Lifehouse. The staff sincerely cares about each and every resident and treats each individual with respect. They truly understand the challenges of losing one's independence, and they make every effort to truly listen to each resident and to reassure him or her. If you are looking for a home where an elderly person will be confident, comfortable, loved, and respected, I highly recommend Solano Lifehouse.

just the help I needed

I was in rehab after knee surgery when My 95 year old father fell and broke his leg. Solano house was great as I was not able to care for him alone as I had been doing for several years. Then he got pnumonia and never got over it. I had hospice care for just over a week at solano house and they provided every accomodation and comfort for him and my sister and I. I was a very difficult time and still makes me cry to talk about, but they were great, especially Laura and the Debbie the director.

CARE:

We not only provide for the care and safety of our residents, but equally as importantly add joy to their days through social living and allow them to remain as active as they desire. We strive daily to remain engaged with both the world, and our local communities rather than removed from them as so many care homes can be. It's about the home's philosophy, and ours is centered on remaining engaged throughout life, not sequestered from life, and that's reflected in our name, Solano Life House. You have the choice of large corporate facilities which, while often fancy, can be impersonal and lack quality care due to the limitations of size, with lower staff to resident ratios, or you have the small six bed board and care houses in which the residents are too sedentary, and then you have Solano Life House in the middle. At thirty-eight residents, we're large enough to be active with an excursion van for twice weekly trips and four full time activities personnel led by an activities director with forty years of passion for senior activities. Yet we're small enough to afford all of our residents the highly attentive care for which we’re known, by maintaining one of the highest staff to resident ratios in senior care. Our staff makes care personal and they connect with all of our residents like a large extended family. Please read the reviews that our residents' families have posted on our website, www.SolanoLifeHouse.com

COST:

Large corporate care homes are in the business of care so they charge by any means available to them; by the severity of care levels as a resident's health declines, charge service fees for every action taken down to answering a call light, emptying a wastebasket, the number of toilet visits and showers, charge for all supplies, and impose rent increases annually. So with corporate facilities, irrespective of the base rent that's highlighted, you will pay escalating fees over time. Solano Life House DOES NOT charge like all other care homes. We are the only senior care home in existence which offers a unique, Flat Fee for Life. We wanted to eliminate the anxiety for families surrounding the rising costs of care so everyone at Solano Life House pays an all-inclusive, flat, fixed price. You will always pay the same shared room rate as all residents: $3,950 for Assisted Living, $4,950 for Memory Care, both with our unique Flat Fee for Life program, for as long as your family chooses to remain with Solano Life House.

RESPITE:
We know that families struggle when making a decision as to the right time to get a family member the necessary care, but you need not make such an abrupt lifestyle change. We provide an alternative to a full move-in for our families, with a slower transition. We offer respite stays, so that the family can continue to care for a parent or spouse, but occasionally get a break as the caretaker, be-it for a night, a weekend, a week or a month. This is a wonderful way to build a relationship, that doesn't require an abrupt change of lifestyle. We have a number of respite visitors who come for regular brief stays each month, and most extend the length of the visits over time toward eventual full residency. Solano Life House effectively functions as a senior hotel, with care and safety, meals and activities, along with companionship in your absence, any time you need us to assist your family as a temporary care provider. The cost is simply our monthly rate divided by 30 days: $132 / day for Assisted Living, $165 / day for Memory Care.