Solano Life House - Dixon, CA

We are a Residential Care Facility for the Elderly; serving Solano County California from Dixon for thirty years, but what we offer is unique in the senior care field - a fixed price. We offer great care in an environment that is larger than a board and care home so our residents benefit by having four full-time activities personnel for a spectrum of suitable activities including outings in our 15 passenger excursion van, yet we're small enough to offer personal care through relationships between our residents and our loving staff; something unavailable at larger corporate facilities. We are a state licensed, family owned nineteen room, thirty eight bed ranch style senior care home, providing assistance with daily life. We offer a continuum of care for our senior residents, managing care across all stages of need. Throughout those stages we strive to enhance residents' lives with activities, companionship, safety and comfort in a communal living environment, and we do so in a manner that makes community living a viable option to residents and their families on fixed incomes. We have one shared room rate for all residents, a fixed cost of $3,950 per month, all included. Our flat rate is unique in the senior care home community, as our residents enjoy no added fees; no levels of care charges, no service fees or menu pricing, and our residents pay this fixed rate for as long as they choose to call Solano Life House home. There's no asterisk on that statement. The price you pay is fixed; you will always pay the same amount - $3,950 each month, and not a penny more, ever, guaranteed. Come see why we are honored to be a Best of Assisted Living Award recipient for 2017.

• 24-Hour Security

Almost Ready to Move In

At the time we toured and many visit afterwards, there were no rooms available. The community has about 38 residents. The first time I stopped by, there was a long table with guests and the residents getting ready for lunch. On another mid-afternoon I saw the residents sitting around doing nothing, some were watching tv in a nice size room for the residents.

It's all about mom.

We had our mom at home thinking it was the right thing to do. But she wasn't happy. We did a search for what we learned was called Memory Care and we saw a lot of large corporate facilities that we weren't comfortable with. Then we chanced upon Solano Life House in Dixon. Our mom is happy now and we thank all the wonderful, caring people at Solano Life House for giving her a new life.

The first thing I noticed about Solano Life house was their practical pricing policy. The fixed rate takes a lot of anxiety off the table and focuses on care. The second thing is the social nature of the common room and the halls. This is a place to make friends and do things with others even in the limited constraints of dementia. Then the most important thing comes into view - that way that the staff bonds with the residents and really cares for them.

I'm very grateful to [Removed] and [Removed] and all their staff for what they have done for our mom. It's all about her.

Best Of The Best!!

My mother and i have really liked the services the community has been offering to her. The activities are great for my mother they work with her so that they best fit her needs. It's a safe place with wonderful people. My mother is really happy, the meals are good and healthy. I like that she is very active which is wonderful.

Review of Solano Life House in Dixon, California

ALL of the staff at Solano Life House are a very friendly and helpful group of people. Ask ANYONE for anything, and they are on it immediately. The administrator is an up-beat, positive, multi-tasking, super women, who has worked her way up through all of the positions and wants to know how all departments are functioning.

The staff are working hard to make mom feel welcome. The facility is clean, basic, and simple. It is also pet friendly. This helped, as mom was able to take her parakeet. Dogs and cats are welcomed, as residents, or visitors. On my visits there, I like taking our dog as she livens up the residents, the staff, and my mom. I may be asking for too much here ... but the place could benefit from having a "house dog", a friendly, large, dog, romping around.

Currently the facility is a little short staffed and the staff are stretched a little thin and harried, but still attentive. Once fully staffed, services here will be even better.

Visitors are welcomed 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Someone is always there. I am glad that my mom is there, as taking care of her ourselves got too complicated and difficult.

I enjoy the amount of attention my Dad gets at Solano Life House, they have a big staff. He said the food is okay.

There is nothing negative to say about Solano Lifehouse. The staff sincerely cares about each and every resident and treats each individual with respect. They truly understand the challenges of losing one's independence, and they make every effort to truly listen to each resident and to reassure him or her. If you are looking for a home where an elderly person will be confident, comfortable, loved, and respected, I highly recommend Solano Lifehouse.

just the help I needed

I was in rehab after knee surgery when My 95 year old father fell and broke his leg. Solano house was great as I was not able to care for him alone as I had been doing for several years. Then he got pnumonia and never got over it. I had hospice care for just over a week at solano house and they provided every accomodation and comfort for him and my sister and I. I was a very difficult time and still makes me cry to talk about, but they were great, especially Laura and the Debbie the director.