Atria Covell Gardens - Davis, CA

Enjoy exceptional senior living at Atria Covell Gardens, a charming retirement living community with the luxuries of a vacation and the comforts of home. Relax by our serene fountains and beautiful courtyard, explore new interests and your favorite hobbies, and invite friends and family to join you for community events like our Sunday Champagne Brunch.

Residents enjoy restaurant-style dining experiences every day, housekeeping and linen services in their senior apartments, and scheduled transportation to medical appointments, errands and other outings. Our care staff provides personal senior care and medication administration as needed, allowing for a customized assisted living experience.

We are also proud to announce the addition of our Life Guidance® memory care neighborhood for those with Alzheimer's disease and other forms of dementia. We strive to help residents maintain independent living while supplying their family members with peace of mind.

License #577000881

Things are getting better

I am very please with Atria Covell Gardens, my mom not so much but then she has been in 3 other communities that she did not like either. I do feel that she is slowly starting to like some things about Atria Covell Gardens and the plus is they have allowed her to bring her dog with her there and they have set up a dog walker for the dog as well. The staff do seem to care and they have stayed in touch with me phone. We have had to work on a few issue with my mom.
My mom absolutely loves the food there and going to the dining room and she gets excited about being a part of the many activies that they have there. She has not done many of the field trips yet.
I take my mom to her doctor but they will take her should I need them to and there is a bus that they use to take the residents on outings and shopping.
I would definitely recommend Atria Covell Gardens to my friends and family.

Tour for care

I toured this community. It was a large community and did not have the feeling that we were looking for. The staff was nice and caring. the cost was more than what we wanted. We did see the menu that was appealing. The community was clean and maintained. It had a resort feeling and that was not what we felt would be a good fit. The staff knew names of the residents.We suggest that other families your this community for care for a loved one.

amazing place

Atria Covell Gardens is a pretty amazing place. Everything has been really good there.

The only issue we have had is that my grandmother has not been very involved in the activities. I don't know if they are doing a very good job getting her involved and encouraging her along those lines.

But other than that we are happy with the whole process and she really loves it there.

At Atria Covell Gardens the staff is so caring. My experience so far has been wonderful. I would definitely recommend this facility. We have been very happy here overall.

We came for a tour at Atria Covell Gardens due to a referral from 'A Place for Mom'. We were looking for a place where our parents could remain self sufficient and be with active seniors. We were so pleased with the facility, the staff we met (Sarah Landis) and the spaciousness of the 2 bedroom apartment. On another visit, we had a meal and were sold!!!!! The food was far superior from any another facility we had visited and we liked that our parents could come to eat at any time. We are excited for them to be involved with the many activities that are available (more choices besides cards and bingo). We are happy that they will be settled soon.

They treat my Mom like family.

The community is clean and well maintained. The people there are caring and loving and they treat my Mom like family. Mom is always doing activities when I visit and they seem to keep her busy. The food is better than average and they bring snacks at any time Mom wants something. Shopping transportation is available.

They were great. Unfortunately it was a short lived stay, but they were wonderful.

They were great. They were clean and friendly. They did all they could, that's for sure. The food was good. They were very accommodating for anything we needed. Unfortunately it was a short lived stay, but they were wonderful.

High level of care? Be careful before moving your parent here

If your loved one has a high level of care, be very careful if you're looking at Atria Covell Gardens. They misrepresented themselves and we were forced to move her when they served an eviction notice (which was handled very unprofessionally) after only a few weeks.
An assessment was done before we moved and we were assured several times there would be no problem with her care level.
It was especially sad since our mother appeared to like the care givers and seemed happy in her new location.
Note it is hard to give accurate ratings since we were there less than two months

Kate Vance

Thank you for calling your concerns to our attention. I am sorry if there was any confusion about the level of care needed at the time of your family member’s initial assessment and any inconvenience you have experienced as a result. We welcome the opportunity to speak with you further to determine what might not have been communicated effectively so that we may continue to improve. If you are willing, please email us directly at [removed]. In order to quickly include the appropriate directors in the correspondence, please include “Atria Covell Gardens” in your subject line. Should you need any further help from us, please do not hesitate to reach out.

Room For Improvement

Well, there's definitely room for improvement. They could do a little better with the cleanliness. The responsiveness seems great so far. The activities.... she's not doing very much of them. It seems like the staff does what's easiest for them, and not really for the residents. Maybe they could open that up for discussion and see what the residents like to do. Also, the price is very high... but, they all are! It seems like a good value, but it's still expensive. The location was perfect for us, and it was the perfect marriage of location, nice staff, and a decent price.

Kate Vance

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review of our community. Constant improvement is not something we take lightly and input from our residents and families help us tremendously in that effort. Your comments will be shared with the appropriate directors but please feel free to reach out with any suggestions you have on activities and the residents’ involvement in those choices. I encourage you to email us your thoughts at [removed], including “Atria Covell Gardens” in your subject line.

Covell Gardens

My father reluctantly moved into Covell Gardens this month. He hated giving up living independently, but it was time to do so. He is surprisingly (to him) happy at CG. The staff is so friendly and cheerful and go out of their way to make sure that the residents have everything they need. I asked my dad if he had finished reading a book I loaned him - "sorry I've been to busy" was the wonderful answer.

Not a good fit for mom.The ...

Not a good fit for mom.The place was too big. Good food service set up. Dining room dark.

LaDawn K.

We appreciate your review and I would like to address your concerns about our size and the lighting in our dining room. Our community is laid out so that everyone is equidistant from the main areas, including the dining room, activity room, and library as these are all centrally located. We have extra wide halls to accommodate those moving back and forth between fun events and their residence. We find that our residents tend to enjoy the larger size because it affords a better opportunity to make friends with the same hobbies and favorite activities. On the issue of lighting, we have plenty of natural lighting in the dining room during the day and we are looking to increase the wattage of the lights during the evening. If you have any further questions or concerns that we may be able to assist with, please contact us at [removed] and include the Atria community name in your subject line.

Great Place

Just think this place looks great.

nice with balconies

nice with balconies

New carpets in every room (not so goo...

New carpets in every room (not so good). Rides are free, close to many useful religious and food related things. Lots of pianos, anytime food, stove in room. Carpets are main concern. They have respite (2 week stay) options as well. PT on campus. One nurse on campus. Meds administered but not modified. Nutritionist also not on campus. Main advantage is location and transportation.