Smith Crossing* - Orland Park, IL has yet not published prices.

Not the place for us

This is a clean larger community and the memory care unit was located on the second or third floor. There was not an area where the memory care residents were able to walk outside. The people we met were nice and knowledgable.

Increadibly ornate and luxurious, can't tour after hours

This facility was soup to nuts everything. The had independent living little villas, all the way up to memory care. It stretched over 4 or 5 blocks, the independent residents were in condos that were 4 or 6 story building, jsut unbelievable luxury. They told us a lot of people sold their home, had condos here because their family lived here and also had homes in Florida.
It was a true resort facility. The two things about it that proved to be negatives (one was something I didn't like and another grandma wouldn't have liked) was grandma, in her 90's, financial issues boggle her mind. When she walks around and sees lights on at night, she wants to turn them off because of the electric bill, so when she would have walked into this place, which was so ornate with marble fireplaces, she would have worried about the bill. Also, I tried to do one of the off-hours thigns and they refused to show me anything. Their response was that this is people's home and you can't come visit unannounced, which I understood but it also made me kind of wonder what they were hiding. I don't think, based on how this facility looked, that they were hiding anything, but it was unpalatable to me. They did say it was only because I was visiting, if I was a guest I could come whenever I like.

Smith Crossing. It's more than bricks and mortar. It's a community, where residents pursue their interests and activities, celebrate old friendships and make new ones. It's a place where they do what they like to do in a worry-free environment.