Skyline Assisted and Independent Living - Omaha, NE

Skyline Assisted and Independent Living - Omaha, NE has yet not published prices.

Nurses and Dinning room issues

The nursing staff at Keystobe Villas ASSISTED LIVING ARE VERY GOOD. THE ONLY THING I WOULD ADD IS TO GET THE EMERGENCY CALL BUTTON SITUATION UP TO DATE AND WORKABLE. SOME NURSES DO NOT EVEN CARRY THEIR RESPONSE ALARMS TO KNOW THAT SOMEONE NEEDS HELP. WHEN I FIRST ARRIVED HERE I FELL AND WAITED ON THE FLOOR FOR 45 MIN. TILL SOMEONE CAME TO HELP ME GET UP. I FINALLY DID GET UP AFTER 30 MORE MINS. WENT BY AND TWO MORE NURSES CAME TO HELP. NO ONE HAD A BELT TO HELP ME. SINCE THEN I HAVE NOT FALLEN. IT TAKES AN INORDINATE AMOUNT OF TIME TO FIND A NURSE TO HELP. WE NEED SOME MALE NURSES.

DIETARY AIDS. 2 PARTICULAR AIDS I HAVE FOUND TO BE EXTREMELY RUDE TO OUR RESIDENTS IN THE SECOND FLOOR DINNING ROOM. [Name removed] AND [Name removed] other wise known as [Name removed] . [Name removed] has no compassion and communication people skills in speaking to our residents. She has no respect with people who are slow in understanding and speaking skills from a stroke. If she don't like you, you get ignored. There are certain people she clearly does not like. They make her dinning room tasks. very difficult and more time consuming. She seems very unwilling to take care and listen. If IT interrupts her routine, she bristles with bad language and rudeness. She especially likes to order people around. She has forgotten this is our home, where we live. much more than a place for her employment. Several residents have spoken to her about this and she often just says " to mind your own damn business ". It's clear she does not like the residents as much as her fellow employees. She is very slow and uncaring in getting to understand the residents. Personally, if I was her supervisor I would either terminate her employment, or transfer her to another dining room.
[Name removed] is a much more carrying person.

Breakfast @8:00 am. is very often late till 8:20. or 8:45. Lunch seems to be late as well as the evening meal. Once in awhile we can expect that, but it happens too often. And [Name removed] only moves one speed.
Slow and slower.
Please notice how many residents wait only so long for the food, but leave the dinning room after waiting to long. It is a rare occurrence that any 3 meals are served on the posted times.

The next time I see or hear [Name removed] be rude and disresectful. I will return to my room. I will refuse to eat. it has gotten that bad. One says hello to her upon entering the dinning room and says " good morning or hello". She just ignores. We will ask her questions while she is walking back to the serving kitchen area. She does not stop and acknowledge that something was said at all. She ignores you. That is rudeness.

Please consider doing something about her. get her out of the 2nd floor dinning room.

[Name removed] on the other hand is okay some times, but need to respect the residents more. And not be such a bully and demand that he is in charge. Again, this out home, our dinning room, where we eat and socialize with one other.

There seems to be an issue regarding Ketchup and Mustard on every table. Not on the second floor. On the 3rd floor it is not an issue.

Someone needs to keep up with supply of liquid creamers, sugars both while and yellow pagages, salt an paper. And to make sure that Everyone who gets milk and ice tea with their meals does so. Coffee needs to be available at least from. 6 am. till 8 pm. every day.

thank you I am sure that these issue will be resolved. if not they will be mentioned again and again till they are. This is our home.... the employees work he for us.
thank you.

Good Move

It has been a good move for our loved one to Skyline Assisted and Independent Living community. It is a better environment for her. She has made a number of friends and it is a good location for socialibilty. She has participated in some of the activities that they offer. She really enjoys taking walks around the community with her new friends. They provide a continental breakfast and one other meal per day. The food is good, our loved one is pleased with the meals. They offer good choices and variety. She is eating better than she was before. The staff is friendly, helpful, and easy to communicate with. The community is nicely landscaped and they have some patios indoor and outdoor on a large campus. They also offer transportation to doctor appointments and trips to the grocery store. Skyline has the best price point, and we really like the location which is close to our home.

From My View

My patient is doing good while at Skyline Assisted and Independent Living.

A good experience!

My mother really likes the Skyline community. The people there were very nice and accommodating. My mother has been there a little over a month and she is enjoying it, the meals are good and we visit her often.

My Community home

I like living in this community. I like the staff that tries and is as helpful as possible. they could use some small improvements in the community, but they are working on it. They serve good meals and offer a nice variety. They are activities offered. I would recommend this community to other families.

Not very bright!

During my tour of the Skyline Assisted and Independent Living, I noticed that the place seemed dark and had long halls with not a lot of windows. Also, we felt like they were a "you do this and we will do that" type of place. Did not seem like it would be a good place for my mother.

A great place.

My mom is doing very well in this beautiful community. A clean community and well taken care of. They offer activities for those who want to join in. I would highly recommend this community for others for a good value