Singing Oaks Retirement - Monrovia, CA

Wonderful

My wife lived in this facility for more than 8 years. I visited her almost every day. Unfortunately, she passed away under hospice care. Staff put make up on her face everyday and comb her hair in the way she always used to comb. I used to be so happy seeing my wife like that even though she lived in the facility. They made sure that my wife was cleaned. She was incontinent, and they always cleaned her up well. Overall, they are wonderful.

Awesome

I go to this facility to see my loved one almost every week. Staff are very attentive towards staff. Management is doing very well. Some residents keep on wandering around in the dining room, but staff assist them quickly. Most of their staff have smile on their face during working hours.

Best

Staff are very helpful. They are quick to help me when i need help. They spend enough time helping me. This is only the facility where i saw staff taking enough time based on residents' needs. I love the food. They provide very tasty and nutritious food. I love their front patio. I love hallways they have. It's very wide. The facility is cleaned. They give snacks between each meal time and before bedtime. They are very attentive towards all residents. Some residents give them hard time, but they still help all residents in timely manner.

Best place i have ever lived

I like the facility. I like all staff that work here. I like the food a lot. I like activities. we get to go to other Glen Park Communities for bingo bash. We get to go to field trips. They provide transportation to doctor's appointments. They always help me quickly with anything i need. They are quick in calling doctors for any changes in my condition. I love the foot doctor that come to the facility to do our toe nails. He is very patience and compassionate.

Best

I love the facility. I love staff that work here. Staff have compassion for residents. Some residents are too demanding, but staff manage to fulfill their demands. The facility is very clean.

Smelled bad, floors are uneven, hand rails are loose, general maintenance is really bad.

Happy with everything this place has provided!!

My dear friend seems to be really like the atmosphere at this community . She has had no complaints about the food and the staff do a good job at keeping her engaged in as many activities as she can do. The property has a great layout and lots of great amenities for all of the residents. Overall I am very happy with how everything is going so far.

Nice Community !!

This gated property is very beautiful and well taken care of. The dinning room experience has been pleasant as well as the delicious meals they provide for my loved one. The nursing care team has made my mother feel very comfortable and safe in her new living environment. I would recommend that they clean the bedrooms more often the smell in there is sometimes disturbing.

Four Stars

I do not think that they can improve on what they are doing. The only issue is that the dementia and memory-care patients are mixed in with everyone else, so even If you do not have that, you are still with them.

Sunny but basic board and care plus a bit of activities.

My experience with Singing Oaks Retir...

My experience with Singing Oaks Retirement Home, now Glen Park, has been great. The staff is good, and they provide great care. It is an older facility, and they do have air conditioning units versus central heat and air . The food is pretty good. They offer many activities. They have activities two times a day 9am-11am and 2pm-4pm. Plus they take the residents on outings and have entertainment come in once a week. I've talked to other people whose loved ones have been there for 3 or 4 years, and they are all completely satisfied.

Very nice personnel - howev...

Very nice personnel - however didn't seem to know I was coming and not ready to give a tour. Receptionist sort of took me around to see everything - but no one was available to talk to me. Someone had to call me at home later - to answer my questions. did not feel like a good fit for mom - or dad as they are currently. Too much of nursing home feel - saw little independence for residence - none were walking around independently. Looks like they are working hard to improve the property. Mom is just too independent - for this place.

Glen Park Monrovia

They are just for alzheimers and dementia, and they really know what they are doing. They are good with the medication management. That has made a big difference. They are doing a great job. They know how to handle the things that come up.

The New Management Isn't As Good

My husband was here. The cost was going up and up. That and the distance are the reasons I wanted to move him. Everything was fine until they changed management. We were trying to get my husband to get veteran's help. When I signed up I told him he had applied and they said if he got it then the cost would go up $500. I told him he didn't get it and they still raised the price. The lady that we had signed the contract with was no longer there and the new management didn't honor our contract. I finally just said no. Other little things started changing. The staff was working at 3 or 4 other places so they were always short and moving them around. I thought they should have been a little understanding.

It was clean and the people seemed to be attentive and nice but it was just different. They said they treat their people like stars but I didn't think so.

R is currently at Singing ...

R is currently at Singing Oaks. We are requesting a change due to rate increase, unresponsive management and inadequate staffing.

The staff is very friendly with the exception of the new director;

The staff is very friendly with the exception of the new director; she is very rude and has crossed the line when talking to my family on more than one occasion. They do have some nice activities like movies and exercise classes but a little more variety would be nice. The outdoor commons area has plenty of chairs, tables and umbrellas for the residents to sit and relax. They also seem to be a bit short staffed they have long wait times when you need assistance which is a problem. My parents room is upstairs and the indoor commons is downstairs they have no bathroom for the residents down stairs they have to use the bathroom in their room, so when my parent needs to use the bathroom they have to go all the way up stairs.

Since 1968, Singing Oaks has been committed to helping seniors live a life full of individuality and purpose by providing Assisted Living services and caring for those with memory impairments relating to Alzheimer’s and Dementia.

Our goal is to provide our residents with the highest standard of living, in the safest and warmest environment by providing the following care plans:

1. Assistance with Activities of Daily Living (ADL’s) such as bathing, grooming, medicine & incontinence management
2. Secured premise with an emergency response security system.
3. The security of well-trained and dedicated caregivers, available 24 hours a day.
4. Three healthful meals per day with scheduled hydration and snacks.
5. Wellness Program designed to provide in-house medical services.
6. Direct communication with each resident’s personal physician and pharmacy.
7. Daily transportation services.
8. Planned activities with live entertainment and frequent opportunities for outdoor experience.
9. Housekeeping, personal laundry and linen services.
10. Choice of a private or a companion suite.

We know this is an important decision and we want to do everything we can to make your loved ones feel at home. You are welcome to come visit us and take a tour of our community.