Has gone downhill

It was great at first. Then things changed. For one thing the fantastic director left. In the beginning visitors were greeted with a smile or a hug. The past few times I was there they didn't say anything to anyone who entered. I saw our personal recliner with our name on it by the dumpster. That explains why we couldn't find it. On several occasions I asked for the director and was told he was not there. We brought hospice on board, the onsite RN refused to meet with them. She told me she didn't have anything to do with hospice. It took an angry phone call from me demanding to speak to the director for this to be rectified. My loved one died at Silverleaf. The director called the house two days after the funeral saying he went out of town and no one told him. The billing department continued to bill (2 months' worth) after death. When billing was contacted they didn't know my family member died. How can there be such a lack of communication here? Now, there were long term employees who took excellent care of my loved one. I don't know what we would have done without these ladies. My opinion is this facility has a lack of management which when combined with a lack of employee professionalism and downright rudeness from RNs and recent hires gives the distinct feeling they just don't care like they used to. It's time to clean house.

Communication could use some improvement.

My main concern with this community so far is that they do not have good communication with me. My mom fell and I was not notified and I had to take the steps to have her taken to the hospital. The community is well maintained and the food is good. I like the administrator and he was one of the reasons I chose this community.

This is memory care. I don't know that it's the right place for my loved one. The food isn't very good, and the people aren't very happy, or able to socialize much.

The staff are good with people with dementia

They're very nice at Silverleaf of Snellville. The staff are good with people with dementia. They take good care of the residents. They get the residents up every day, not every facility does that. They don't have nursing staff on the weekends. That is a weakness. They have a lot of trained nursing assistants though.

Really Good Care

Just recently I asked one of the aides to put my mom in some nice clothes so family could visit and she did a great job; my mother was all cleaned up. The care really is good, but when you go into the rooms, some of the furniture is broken, so maybe they just need to get some new chairs.

Seemed like a nice place!

We toured this community while looking into respite care for a loved one. Silverleaf of Snellville seemed like a very nice place, although they did not have any openings at the time of our tour. The people here were very friendly, and very willing to work with us to accommodate our loved one's needs.

I HIGHLY RECOMMEND SILVERLEAF

My loved one was in another "fancier" facility but did not receive the care that she receives at Silverleaf. Silverleaf takes care of people - even the ones that resist - which my loved one did. Even though they have more than the state required staff/patient ratio, they are challenged because the patients they have are the most extreme cases of dementia/alzheimer's. They take care of the ones that no one else can….I give them credit for the good work that they do in the toughest of circumstances. I go there nearly every day to see my loved one. I can attest to the attention she receives. The staff genuinely cares and that goes a long way with me. If Silverleaf was "prettier" their waiting list would be be out the door. Do I wish they had nicer carpet and furniture? Yes. But then they would probably have to charge a lot more money, too….so I am grateful for the staff and this place that can take good care of my loved one. I highly recommend it!

Very friendly staff. Questions are an...

Very friendly staff. Questions are answered and they seem to really care. Always clean, and they take good care of my mom. Great value.

Very well impressed with Al...

Very well impressed with Alison Reid. She seemed to know her stuff. Place seemed as large almost like a nursing home facility, otherwise all the information she gave me was very helpful, I will continue my search to have more comparisons.

It's great, they are fantastic.

It's great, they are fantastic. The building could use some updating and renovations. The carpeting could be replaced, or removed. I like it, they have a wonderful staff, they have been the best that I have encountered. They just want to help people, they don't judge them because of their problems. I am very happy with it.

Very nice place!

This community isn't quite as nice looking as some that we've seen, but everything else here is absolutely wonderful. The staff are very friendly and attentive, and the patient to staff ratio is very good, everyone gets a lot of attention. They seem to have all kinds of activities and social events going on often. It is a good mix of freedom and containment, my loved one doesn't feel restrained, but I know he is in a safe secure memory care community.

Very nice place!

They've done an outstanding job so far! I'd give them top marks across the board. The facility is clean, the staff are all amazingly friendly, and the price and value of the care are great! The only area I'd really like to see them improve would be to have more activities for the memory care section, it seems they mostly just end up watching TV.

Nice place

Overall they do a great job here, and my loved one seems happy. This place was recommended to us a by a few different sources, and they do seem to do an excellent job. It's a nice looking, clean facility, and the staff are all very friendly and professional.

Chose the Wrong Facility

The staff are kind and caring at Silverleaf of Snellville but the Alzheimer's patients are much more advanced than I was led to believe so there are only 3 other patients for my husband to interact with. The medical care is very lacking. I told them he would need to be seen by their doctor. I met her and she is nice but she has yet to see Jim and assess him. He told the head nurse that he needed his coumadin level checked weekly and that was ignored. He was allowed to run out of medications and received none for 3 days. He had to go to the hospital on Friday just after lunch. Something happened to him at 1:45 AM but he did not tell a nurse until about 10:00 AM and she called me to see if he was aware enough to know if he needed to go to the hospital He had tried to call me first. He was taken and he thought he had had a stroke. Tests showed nothing had happened in the brain but he has very little use of his left arm and hand and will need physical and speech therapy. I think I chose the wrong facility for him so he is going back to GA War Vets in Milledgeville where he was before. I don't like that he can go anywhere he wants but he does need closer medical supervision and being checked on at night

Very nice, very close. Fro...

Very nice, very close. Front of the list so far.

Choosing the right assisted living facility for an elderly loved one who is suffering from Alzheimer's or other memory issues is one of the important decisions of your lifetime. We at Silverleaf of Snellville are here to help you and your loved one in your time of need. We are a full service assisted living facility located in Snellville, in the Atlanta, Georgia area. At Silverleaf of Snellville, we understand the particular needs of seniors who are suffering from Alzheimer's, dementia and other memory related health issues. we pride ourselves in providing the highest level of care to all of our residents. We provide three healthy meals a day, and snacks are always available between meals. We also customize the meals to accommodate the special dietary needs of each resident. The staff at Silverleaf is highly trained and dedicated to providing personalized care to each of our residents. We help our residents stay active and engaged in life and promote daily activities based on each residents interest, history and abilities. Our staff is always available 24/7 to tend to the needs of our residents. Silverleaf of Snellville is an all inclusive facility. We take care of all of the daily laundry and other housekeeping chores. We also make sure that are residents are taking their medications according to schedule and write regular family reports to keep you appraised on the health of your loved one. The monthly fee includes everything except the resident's phone bill. Contact us at Silverleaf of Snellville for more information and to arrange a private visit to tour our facilities.