Silverado Valley Ranch - Irving, TX

Answer to a prayer!

When I began looking at Silverado-we read a review that said it had been a Godsend. That for the first time in months were they able to have some peace & feel good about the care their mom was receiving. At the time I signed my mom into Silverado I told the staff I wanted to write that review in 3 months! Well here I am 3 months later and I am writing that review! I couldn’t be more pleased with the care my mom is receiving. My moms memory took a sudden and unexpected turn for the worse and a nightmare began. I spent 2 months in & out of hospitals & rehab/nursing homes -finding little help and conditions I wouldn’t wish on my worst enemy. Purely by accident & out of desperation did I find Silverado, however I couldn’t be more grateful & thankful! My mom is so well taken care of. She looks clean and well kept, her room is clean & well kept, the food is great and the activities far surpass things you will find in most memory care facilities. They even go on outings. My mom really likes the animal shelter visits & the ladies luncheons. I also love that it’s separated into 2 wings, based on where you are in the dementia process. So those not as far along aren’t grouped in with residents in a more severe state of being. I could keep going on but just like the review I read -for the first time since this nightmare began I finally feel good about my mom’s care. My mom even says she feels safe and happy and she has no complaints. I’m so thankful for the review I read, I hope this may help someone out in the same way!

Silverado Representative

Lisa, thank you for sharing your Silverado story! We love hearing from Silverado family members. We're happy to hear your mother is thriving at Silverado and enjoying our resident outings. Our full activity calendars and resident outings help create a sense of normalcy and purpose. Thank you again for taking the time to share your comments! We look forward to continue to be a trusted resource for you and your family.

This place has been a God send!

Since we have moved Mom into Silverado Valley Ranch the stress has just melted away. The staff are all so very caring and friendly and we don't worry at all that she's getting great care. She seems happy and adjusted. They encourage the families to be involved and to join the residents for meals occasionally, which are delicious. They have outings, entertainment and activities going all the time, and have wonderful holiday parties that families are welcome and encouraged to attend. I only regret we didn't find this place sooner.

Silverado Representative

Hello! Thank you for recognizing our associates and the care they provide. Our team works very hard and takes great pride in doing just what you describe has been your experience. We're happy to hear that your mother is thriving and enjoying life at Silverado. We hope you'll swing by the community to enjoy a complimentary meal with your mother!

She's very happy here!

Things are going well so far and we are very pleased!

Silverado Representative

Thank you for your kind words. We're happy to hear that your loved one is thriving at Silverado!

Staff Need To Understand The Different Memory Issues

My loved one was at this community for a short time. It was a clean community and the staff were fine. I felt that some could be more understanding and knowledgeable about how residents can react being that their mind is not always the best. From what it seemed the meals were fine and I didn't see any activities happening at the time.

Silverado Representative

Thank you for sharing your comments. We prize ourselves on being industry leaders, and we appreciate the feedback. Creating a safe, lively environment where residents can thrive is our top priority. We apologize if your loved one wasn't fully engaged. Our associates are fully committed to providing world-class care and actively check-up on and engage with residents throughout the day.

Awesome respite care--treated him like a permanent resident.

I had the opportunity to leave my husband, who has mild-moderate Alzheimer's, at this facility for a week while I attended a business conference in Florida and then spent a few days of vacation on the beach with my brother. It was the first time I had left Bill overnight at a facility--other times he's been left briefly with friends. I was nervous, especially since I was going to be so far away. I shouldn't have been. I can't think of any place I'd want to leave my loved one--or go myself--than Silverado Valley Ranch. I assume their other facilities are just as wonderful.

When we went for a visit, Bill immediately said "this place looks like the Waldorf Astoria." While we waited for Tony to arrive and give us a tour, someone showed us how to make coffee and chatted us up--it was a resident. I felt like we were on a cruise ship. Nobody--NOBODY--was in their room. Everybody was engaged in activities, either planned or on their own. The facility divides up the higher-functioning, more independent folks on one wing and those needing more one-to-one care on another, but neither had the feel of a nursing home. Friendly pets, a kitchen stocked with healthy and fun snacks, cozy corners for private visits with family or to curl up with a book--I was ready to move in! They have a lovely playground for grandchildren, and I understand a neighborhood school also brings children there to play and interact with residents. There's a patio with a grill for cookouts, and an enclosed courtyard. The two dogs, two cats, caged birds and rabbit are all rescued animals, and are sweet and friendly. The day is packed with physical and cognitive activities, but nobody is required to do anything they don't want to do. I didn't see anybody resisting--the residents were friendly and engaged. They also have field trips and sometimes take sunset drives. It was more like a resort than a memory care center or nursing home. Even the drug cart looked more like a nice cocktail bar on wheels than a medicine cart.

When I dropped him off on the way to the airport my friend and I were invited to stay for breakfast (it was delicious) while the nursing staff and others came to greet us and make sure everything was in order. You can tell these folks genuinely love their jobs. Everybody--from housekeeping staff to upper management--met us with warm, genuine smiles--and I could tell they know every resident's name. As we were leaving to go to the airport, Bill played the piano in the lobby.

Several friends visited him while I was gone, and Tony kept me up to date with texts and pictures of Bill's art projects and a short video of him dancing during a social hour. All our friends raved about what a wonderful place it is.

Bill was only there for a week of respite care, but he was treated like a long-term resident, and made friends there. When I called he was happy and actually anxious to return to what he was doing, rather than talk to me! I plan to try to keep him involved or take him for visits now and then, and am looking into their day program, since he is not ready for permanent placement. However, if he was, and it fit my budget, I wouldn't hesitate to place him here again, whether for a short respite or long-term stay. Look up the corporate website and read about their scientifically-based Nexus program and watch the documentaries about the residents. Few places live up to their marketing materials---Silverado does.

I see so many people going into memory care facilities that are glorified warehouses for the old and sick. People with Alzheimer's and other dementias are still alive, even if they can't communicate like they used to. The activities and caring staff at Silverado allow them to LIVE, encourage them to pursue their interests, and care for them with the dignity all people deserve.

Silverado Valley Ranch is amazing, and as much fun as I had on vacation, I'm a little jealous my husband got to stay there while I was gone. I wish I could give it more than 5 stars.

Silverado Representative

Samra, thank you so much for sharing your Silverado story. Separating from your loved one for the first time can be very difficult. We're happy that you trusted us with caring for your husband during his respite stay. Feedback like this truly motives us to continue being industry leaders and providing the best care to those we serve. As always, our associates continue to be fully committed to providing our residents with love, dignity and respect. We hope you and Bill will drop by the community soon!

Caregivers are wonderful. Management IS horrible. They're always in the office never supporting caregivers. Very very unapproachable.

Silverado Representative

Thank you for recognizing our associates and the amazing care that they provide. We appreciate your review and are sorry to hear that you feel the leadership team is unapproachable. We would like the opportunity to directly address your concerns and encourage you to reach out to our Valley Ranch Administrator, Andrea Fichtner, at [removed].

Their level of care was outstanding, it was amazing.

I wish I had known about Silverado sooner. Their level of care was outstanding, it was amazing. They did a great job keeping it clean. They were definitely on the higher end, but it was with it for the care. My only tip would be to hire your own movers.

Silverado Representative

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review! We love hearing back from Silverado family members. As always, we are continue to be fully committed to providing world-class care to our residents and their family members!

good thus far

We are brand new to Silverado Valley Ranch, but thus far the experience has been very good. They have done an excellent job helping out going above and beyond to help out. However, that being said I have not seen my first bill yet, and I need to reserve some judgment until then. Thus far though things are going well and we are very hopeful and optimistic.

Silverado Representative

Thank you for the review. At Silverado, our around-the-clock nursing team, masters prepared social workers and experienced leadership team provide an exceptional, industry-leading care that is truly valued by family members.

It was a nice place, we liked it

We toured here when we were looking. It was a nice place, we liked it, but we ended up going to a different Silverado location, which we are also pretty happy with.

Silverado Representative

Thank you for sharing your comments. We are happy to hear that you had a positive experience and decided to go with one of our sister communities!

Silverado is the answer to a very difficult question

We came to Valley Ranch Silverado as a referral from another unit. From minute one my husband has felt comfortable and welcome. As a result, I have felt at ease and comfortable with his being here. All personnel know each resident by name and treat each one with respect. If I have a question or concern I am heard.
I cannot imagine a better venue for this time in our lives. We would recommend Valley Ranch Silverado without hesitation.

Silverado Representative

Oma, thank you for sharing your Silverado story! As you noticed, our associates are fully committed to providing life-enriching care and know each of our residents by name. Feedback like this truly motivates us to continue changing the way people with memory loss are cared for and to enrich the lives of Silverado residents and family members.

Getting better!

Things are improving at Silverado! The staff is friendly but seem a bit stressed or overworked.
The atmosphere is always seems to be happy, and I do believe that everyone there cares about the residents. The food is good and always served beautifully!
They do have a few kinks to work out, the activities are often boring or too difficult for the residents. They use TV as an activity which the Alzheimer's Association strongly disagree with.
All in all, once they work out a few things, Silverado will be a great place for everyone's loved one!!

Silverado Representative

JH, thank you for sharing your comments. We appreciate the feedback and would be happy to discuss any concerns you have directly. Our associates are dedicated to enriching the lives of our residents and their families. We are truly one big family at Silverado Valley Ranch and as you mentioned we all truly care for our residents as if they were our own family.

Life Changing Experience as Silverado.

My mom has been at Silverado 4 1/2 years. Her care has been good during this time. The care givers are always working hard to provide good care for all residents. I have noticed that care givers have not been as friendly the past 4-5 month as previously. The caregivers and nurses seem stressed. Not sure if it is lack of enough stress or management over them, but definitely a big change. I am hoping to see some relieve for them in the future. The staff that does the actual work with Resident needs to be not as stressed and able to take the time with each resident they help and assist in day to day activities of dressing, etc.

Silverado Representative

Susan, thank you for your comments. We take all feedback seriously. We would love the opportunity to address and discuss your concerns directly. As always, our associates remain committed to providing the best care to our residents.

My Dad is Home

I was at a place I'd never been before...I had to decide how to care for my dad suffering with Alzheimer's, and I didn't know what to do or where to turn for help. And then I found A Place for Mom and met Frankie. She was so kind and understanding...and practical. She provided me information that provided a roadmap...that ultimately led me to Silverado. Without A Place for Mom -- and especially Frankie -- I don't know that I would have found Silverado...and I think care for my dad would have suffered.

The very kind folks at Silverado took their time with me. Never pushy, they availed themselves to my inquiries and met with my family several times to "minister" to us; and this while my dad was still in Tulsa, OK. In fact, while my dad was in Tulsa, Sharyn, who serves at Silverado, went to my dad's home to assess his condition. That's true commitment. And Sharyn continues to serve the needs of my dad, along with Brad, Charlotte, and the other professional caregivers there.

My dad has Alzheimer's. This terrible illness is hard to witness. While I'm visiting him there, he seems so at ease. And when I leave, I do so in the full knowledge that the Silverado team knows my dad and cares for him.

Soon my dad will see Silverado as his home. His grandkids see a visit there as a visit to Papa John's home. They love the food -- especially the ice cream! And a visit there is always so good...natural.

I cannot recommend more highly A Place for Mom and Silverado.

Silverado Representative

J. Lamb, thank you for sharing your Silverado story! Feedback like this truly motivates us. We hope you and your family swing by the community more often for some ice cream!

Mother was loved

My mother lived at this community for 4 1/2 years. When she arrived, she was depressed and hardly communicating after a hip fracture and 3 months in a nursing home. Two weeks later she was smiling! Her orthopedic doctor noticed the great change in her countenance and asked what Silverado was doing that was so different. I said, "It must be the love."

My mother and our family really enjoyed special meals together. Anytime a loved one wanted to join her for any meal, it was provided. At no extra charge, an entire family group was seated and served in beautiful surroundings. Silverado went all out to help us to have a wonderful 90th birthday party with about 40 guests. And holidays there....I miss going there for the big celebrations.

It's best to be knowledegable and involved in the medical aspect of a resident's care, as we saw occasional oversights in that regard.

We looked at several places, but Silverado was the best we found. We have good memories of our mother's final years because she was loved.

Hi Lil,

Thank you for sharing your Silverado story. Feedback like this truly motivates us to continue to enrich the lives of those we serve. At Silverado, we are one big family and there is always love flowing through the halls. Treating our residents with love makes all the difference.

They could be changed more often, or checked in on more often. I liked the friendliness of the administrators, the cleanliness, and the way it was organized. Probably one of the best recommendations would be from my teenage granddaughters who like it because it's clean and nice and is pleasant to visit, they don't mind going. They are well fed, and the staff is pretty friendly. Watch the medications and how often they are changed, that's all.

Hi Jackie,

Thanks for taking the time to review our Valley Ranch community. We appreciate and take all feedback very seriously. Our incontinence program and assistance with activities of daily living allow our residents to maintain their dignity and encourages independence while keeping our rates of incontinence-related urinary tract infections to a minimum that often exceeds industry standards. We would love the opportunity to address any concerns you have directly.

Very pleased

They've done a great job here, I'd give them 5s across the board. The staff are all very friendly, and everyone from the administration down to the aides have a lot of interaction with all of the residents. They really get to know the people who live their, they know them by name and know their likes and dislikes. It is a nice looking, clean community, and they do a great job with the care.

Silverado Representative

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review. We appreciate your positive feedback! We pride ourselves in being industry leaders and providing individualized memory care that is catered around each resident's personal preferences and needs.

Excellent!

It's very expensive but you know, I guess you get what you pay for. I'm getting service and my husband is being well cared for. The care is excellent. From the first time I went in, everyone was so kind and so helpful. They've gone out of their way. I'm so pleased - there are no words!

I've gotten feedback from my daughter who has gone to see him and she says he's busy and that's what he wanted, to be busy.

Silverado Representative

Rose, we are very happy that you had a positive experience. We are always here as a resource to you and your family. Thanks for sharing your Silverado story!

The skilled, compassionate memory care professionals at Silverado are dedicated to providing residents with the dignity and care they deserve while they enjoy the community’s warm atmosphere. Comfortable surroundings and engagement activities designed with the needs of memory-impaired individuals in mind help ensure the goal of enriching the lives of both residents and their families.