Arbor House of Lewisville - Lewisville, TX

I really liked this community - it's dementia patient specific and I think it might be an option for my mom.

Nothing but positive reviews

Finding a community for my husband has been emotionally difficult for our family. He needed a memory care community who could care for him with his Alzheimer's behaviors and administer all his medications including sliding scale insulin. Arbor House was highly recommended. AH specializes in memory care and has a unique layout with their residents divided into four large clean neighborhoods. Each neighborhood has its own staff of skilled care-friends who care for all the physical needs of their residents with dignity, kindness,and loving attention. Families are always welcomed and greeted cheerfully. My husband has been at AH for 2 months now. Transition from home care has been hard, but the Executive Director, Head Nurse, Engagement Director and all the Carefriends have held our hands and hearts through it all. I would also highly recommend this community to other families.

Outstanding care for mom

The care for my mom at this community is very good. The staff is caring and attentive to her needs. This community is the size that we were looking for. We like the list of the activities that are offered for her to participate. We would recommend this community for the good care that is offered. I like knowing that she is happy here.

It Felt More Like Home

My dad was in this community for 30 days. It was difficult for him to warm up to the place but we loved it and will have to use them in future. However my dad loved the people there who helped him. The location and the community itself is why we picked it. It wasn't a hospital atmosphere, it is more like a home. My family liked the community too.

WONDERFUL memory care facility with AWESOME staff

I cannot say enough good things about Arbor House. Their expertise in memory care really made a difference. The staff was incredibly knowledgeable and loving. The facility is beautiful, bright and clean. We made a terrible mistake and moved dad into a private home that claimed to be memory care--we thought it would be easier for him, but it was a disaster. When we moved him to Arbor House, everything went wonderfully. Dad was so much happier and was so well taken care of. Please, if you're considering where to place a loved one, choose Arbor House, don't make the mistake we did.

It Fit Us

My wife is very pleased with the community. She enjoys to walk around the square walkway, that is her favorite thing to do. She is in all Memory Care Community and the staff provide all that she needs. We are more than satisfied and have no problems. The community has everything we wanted and they are close in location.

I cannot say enough good things about the community!!

When we moved mom into this community we ran into a regular visitor and he said we chose the best community in the area. They have a new chef and the food fabulous. Mom is sleeping better and making new friends. The entire staff are friendly and engaged. The caregivers are educated and know how to approach the residents. They have a soda shop onsite. They asked a lot of questions about mom's likes and needs before she moved in and I would recommend this community to anyone.

Wonderful Place!!

The care for my father is good. The staff communicates well and they are very friendly. The community is up-kept and clean. My father has been enjoying his meals they are healthy for him. The community offers activities on site and off site. It also offers various special features for the residents like transportation. I feel that the staff is keeping him safe.

Very impressed with the staff and this facility. Residents looked well cared for and happy. Nancy, the Executive Assistant, is the one that gave us the facility tour. She is very knowledgeable and compassionate. She brought me and my sister to tears with her kindness!!

A great decision

My mother is a resident at Arbor House in Lewisville - my sister and I have been so very happy since our Mom moved here in September of 2015. We feel in love with the idea of the neighborhoods. The staff is amazing, they are all so caring. Everyone really gets to know each resident. It does not feel like a locked memory care facility - this was very important for our Mom. It really feels like a home, like living in a neighborhood. The activities are great and the residents seem to really enjoy this - lots of socialization goes on and this is very important. When I started looking for options for my Mom Arbor House kept coming up - As soon as I visited I had a good feeling about the place.

They engage well with the patients and families

I think they engage well with the patients and the families. Everything is going well. If anything, there does seem to be a high amount of turnover. That would be the only thing that would be not a problem, but more of a concern.

Thank you!!!!

We have been so very pleased with Arbor House in Lewisville. I love that the home is divided into Neighborhoods. The activites are top notch. I can not say enough good things about this home. We are very happy with our Mom living here

Very nice memory care facility!

Overall I think they do a very good job at Arbor House of Lewisville, we're very pleased! The staff here is very friendly, and they do a great job taking care of the residents. They're obviously well informed about memory care and know how to interact with and direct the residents. The facility itself is very well designed, there is plenty of space for the residents to wander, while still remaining secure. They even have secure outdoor areas for them to be outside, if they like! They provide all sorts of extra little touches for their residents, as an example they'll paint Mom's nails and fix her hair. I just really like the atmosphere, it is cozy and feels like a home. It is divided in "neighborhoods" of a number of private bedrooms, but with shared common areas and dining areas, and the setup works very well. I would highly recommend the place to those looking for memory care for a loved one!

Arbor house was fantastic.

Arbor house was fantastic. We didn't get to be here very long, but if I had it to do all over again, I would certainly re-visit them. I would highly recommend them, they were fantastic.

Overall, our visit was nice despite the few minor issues.

My husband and I went to visit this community a couple of weeks ago. There were some things I liked and some things I did not like. My main concern was the smell in the rooms we looked at. It smelled like urine and was not pleasant. Also in the shower, the door that opens and closes was broken and I don't like fall risks. It could be dangerous. Although the smell was bad and the fall risk was there, it is just a minor thing that the community could work on. Nothing major. The price range was from 5200-5400 which was a little high for us. I felt the rooms should be better for the price you would have to pay. Furthermore, the girl who showed us around was great! She was bubbly and is also the one who is in charge of the activities held in the community. They had so many activities such as sing-alongs, coloring, magazines and they interacted with the residents. The community's care services were also very excellent. They have different categories and different groups depending on the level of care. They always have someone there caring for the residents. Overall, our visit was nice despite the few minor issues.

They had a homey feel, and I really liked the way the facility was set up.

This is one of the places we toured when we were looking for options. They had a homey feel, and I really liked the way the facility was set up. The people were really friendly. It was further away than we needed it to be. Had it been closer it would have been a tough call.

Wonderful Home for memory care.

Unfortunately, my mother was only at Arbor House one day before she passed away. I cannot say enough good things about the people at Arbor House. They were so kind and caring and I wish my Mom would have lived longer to enjoy the comfort of this place. I can't thank A Place for Mom enough for recommending Arbor House as one of the memory care places to check out.

Jerri Johnston

It means the world to me that you feel this way about Arbor House. It was so great to meet and work with you. I am so sorry your mom passed.

This place is great. It is ...

This place is great. It is a secure facility and completely set up for memory care. The staff is well trained to work with the patients. I like the central bathing area - reduces the risk of falls. This would be at the top of my list if not for price.

Jerri Johnston

Thank you for the great review. I would be happy to discuss some concessions with you, if you would give me a call at Arbor House. Thank you...Jerri

Patient and Kind Staff

They are just a memory care facility - really great. For memory care, the people that work there need to be really patient and kind and all the people were just like that. The rooms were really nice. As an employee, the only complaint was that there is always more work than you can do. It would be better to have more time with the residents. For people who need more individual care, I definitely recommend a private care giver.

The staff care ratio is the best I ha...

The staff care ratio is the best I have seen out of the eight AL facilities I have toured. I like the design concept of smaller communities with dining area close to resident apartments. Rooms are small but not much smaller then our bedroom at home. Kitchen very clean; overall facility very well maintained. I liked the staff; other residents appeared to really like the director too. Mom won't like having bathroom minus her own shower. I think this is the right facility for us.

The Arbor House of Lewisville's memory care philosophy is based on the belief that each resident is entitled to the highest quality of life through wellness services that work to promote independence, healthful lifestyles, dignity, and a sense of security. The right of each resident to determine his/her needs is respected at each level of care and promoted by providing services in ways that recognize each resident's individual needs, and preferences. A partnership exists between residents and staff to promote individual independence while providing the necessary support to keep each resident functioning at his/her highest level of well- being.

Our services are offered in the spirit of our philosophy, which is to focus on assisting a resident to do as much for his/herself as they can, or cares to do. Arbor House Memory Care Center’s services and accommodations are tailored to each resident’s individual needs.