- 24-hour Emergency Call Response
- On-site Nurse
- Housekeeping provided
- Secure Memory Unit
- Bathing, Grooming, Hygiene
- Toileting & Incontinence Care
- Respite care available
- 3 Balanced Meals and Snacks Per Day
- Diabetic Insulin Management
- Wheelchair Accessible Showers
- Full Schedule of Trips, Events and Activities!
- Activities Onsite
The Oxford Glen Memory Care at Carrollton was a very nice community, with friendly staff and a positive atmosphere. The main thing I did not like about this place was that in the bedrooms, there were no closets. They had huge wardrobes that took up a lot of space and the rooms themselves were very small already. Other than that it was a very nice place.
This is a great place for my mother in law. We are happy with the staff. The community is beautiful. She seems to like most of the meals that are served. She is offered to do activities each day. I liked the home feeling from the community while it is still assisted living. The have a great assisted living area and a separate memory care that is a available to us. This is a dedicated community. I highly recommend this community for value and care to others.
Right at home!
Everything is going pretty well. The community is great and the staff has been wonderful. We are very pleased with everything. The community always passes the smell test. The only problem that we have seen is that mom is not as far along as some of the other residents so it makes it hard for her to interact with the residents. I also like that the houses are all connected to the common area.
Great Place with Great Staff and a good value.
We looked at a quite a few other Memory Care communities in the DFW area before bringing my mother in law to Oxford Glen Carrollton.
There are many tangible differences that became very obvious to us as we toured and compared. The Carrollton facility had a management change about 2 moths ago, and the differences are obvious to us. If you've visited in the past and were unimpressed - GO BACK!
1 Security - Exterior and internal doors are key code access or lock and key only. (Exit doors can be opened 15 seconds after an alarm is triggered for safe emergency exit.)
2. Staff - the resident care staff is mostly mature and experienced. Universally friendly, and competent.
3. The Executive director has been in multiple other roles within the memory care industry, so he knows the ropes and can address training and issues with authority from that experience. (Bill moved from their Grand Prairie location to the Carrollton location late August or early September.)
4. Food is GOOD. Not 4 star restaurant grade, but certainly well above much of the other food we've experienced through nursing home and rehab facilities along our journey.
5. The place is CLEAN. All over. Very well maintained and there is a full time facilities person who keeps everything humming.
6. The rest. They creatively use technology to help memory care patients have an easier time. They encourage activity - patients are encouraged to be out of their rooms moving, and participating; not parked in a chair all day.
There are many other reasons, and although we've been there a relatively short time, conversations with the families of other residents make me confident that everything above is accurate.
Was this review helpful?
At Oxford Glen Carrollton memory care we do more than care for your loved one. We care about them. By working with families to create individualized profiles of life before Alzheimer's disease, we create a lifestyle experience that is truly unique. Using state-of-the-art technologies, our certified dementia-care team works to connect residents to family and friends in ways that provide hope and joy. Not only do we partner with families to develop care plans that improve residents' quality of life, but our innovations empower us with real-time information to continually enhance the care, safety, and comfort of the loved ones entrusted to us. Our deeply personal approach allows us to provide hope to families who are in need of help.
At Oxford Glen, families in need are not alone. Hope abounds as loved ones begin living life to the fullest, improving connections with family and friends.