Silverado Turtle Creek - Dallas, TX

The skilled, compassionate memory care professionals at Silverado are dedicated to providing residents with the dignity and care they deserve while they enjoy the community’s warm atmosphere. Comfortable surroundings and engagement activities designed with the needs of memory-impaired individuals in mind help ensure the goal of enriching the lives of both residents and their families.

Silverado Turtle Creek is a smaller community nestled into the street and quite homey. Their coordinator spent 2.5 hours with me in a conversation centered around my father and what he needed and would want. It felt very personal and more about us than about them. the staff were friendly and attentive, the facility clean and the rooms airy. It seems like they can do a much more personalized program for a resident but it does come at a price.

Silverado Representative

Hello, thank you for taking the time to leave your review. We're happy that you were able to experience the Silverado difference. As you mentioned, our Turtle Creek community has a home-like environment. Our associates treat our residents with the same love, dignity and respect that they show their own loved ones.

Everything is going fine so far.

Everything is going fine so far. It's very clean, and the staff is friendly and all of that. I haven't gotten any crisis calls from my loved one or from the staff, so that is good. I don't really have any complaints at all.

Silverado Representative

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments! We are glad that you had a positive experience with Silverado Turtle Creek. We look forward to continue being a trusted resource for you and your family.

Overrated

I toured this facility. It is way too expensive for what you are getting. It is all private pay. There are basically no private rooms. Rooms are either shared with a dividing semi-wall or you have to walk through one bedroom to get to another bedroom.

The residents did not look like they had many choices in their daily activities. They were grouped together for activities but discouraged from hanging out in their rooms. It looks like it was easier for staff to keep up with them if they were all together...

There were dogs freely roaming around everywhere. (My family is not really into animals - so I did not care for this.) The staff were also encouraged to bring their pets to work.

Silverado Representative

Thank you for your comments. We take all feedback seriously. We are committed to creating a safe, and purpose-filled environment where residents can thrive.

As you noticed, we put an emphasis on resident social interaction and engagement. Our lively environment is meant to stimulate and reduce boredom.

Through individualized engagement plans, we are able to offer activities that match each resident's personal preferences and needs. For residents who prefer alone time, we offer single rooms and have quiet areas in the community. We would be happy to address any misunderstandings or concerns directly.

Wonderful place, just too expensive

This was awesome! It was probably THE best one, but they were priced so high, mom wouldn't have been able to afford it. They wanted several thousand a month and several thousand more just to get in, it would have been an additional 40,000 a year for us.
There wasn't that big of a difference. I'm not going to say it wouldn't have been worth it, I guess it was maybe justifiable, it just depends on what's important to ya. What was important for me was getting mom the best care at the same price she was paying before. This would have put a hardship on her and I wasn't going to do that, it's already expensive.

Silverado Representative

Thank you for taking the time to tour our Turtle Creek community. We are glad that you got a taste of the Silverado difference. We encourage you to visit our community again to really see the value of our exceptional care and unmatched service.

Use Redirection Instead of Medication

I was looking for an upscale place because of my in-laws' lifestyle and Silverado fit the bill beautifully. This place is wonderful! My mother-in-law is going through physical therapy and want to return to living independently afterward. My father-in-law is there and he has a memory care issue. He is being taken care of very well. I'm very impressed with how they work with all the residents there and how they use redirection instead of medication. I'm totally in awe.

Silverado Representative

Debi, we are very happy that you had a positive experience with Silverado. Thank you for sharing your Silverado story!