Avalon Memory Care - Glendora Ave - Dallas, TX

Just Wonderful

I think Avalon Memory Care has done an excellent job. The staff members took good care of my loved one while she was there at the facility and really we could not be happier about that. They are just wonderful.

Jon Seib

Sometimes a short and sweet review cannot say it any better. Thank you so much for leaving this. I have shared it with the staff. Take Care.

Having to find a place for my mother ...

Having to find a place for my mother was a very emotional and difficult task. I am so happy that I found Avalon care. I like how they handle the challenges of someone with dementia. Everyone we have come into contact with is very kind, patient, and strives to make the residents happy by accomodating their needs. It has been a relief to find such a great place.

Jon Seib

The word "relief" makes me feel so good. My staff will be happy to hear this. I am glad you found us and if there is anything more we can do just let us know. Thank you.

Personal care in a home-like setting.

My husband is in the late stages of Alzheimer's and requires lots of personal care with toileting, eating, and walking. The experienced staff members at Glendora understand his needs and are responsive, patient and attentive. They anticipate special health needs and have been pro-active getting outside help.

The facility is always clean and each time I visit my husband is dressed and shaved.

The personal care residence is especially suitable for his stage in the disease and for one-on-one care.

Activities are limited but the staff is receptive to suggestions if the patient requires the stimulation.

Jon Seib

Thank you for your review. I appreciate the accolades especially when it has to do with our long term staff members. In the late stage of the disease certainly activities can be more challenging and obviously are more focused on the activities of daily living that you write about above. Please let me know if there is anything else that we can do to make this the best experience possible under the circumstances. Take care.

An experienced and caring staff

Home-like environment with people who care and try their best to take care of their residents. It takes a special kind of caregiver to work day in and day out with Alzheimer's patients, and Glendora has staff who have been on the job with Avalon for 9-12 years -- they have experience.

Jon Seib

Thank you for your review. It is definitely the long term staff members that make Avalon what it is. Please let me know if there is anything else that we can do to make this experience the best it can be under the circumstances.

Toured 3 of their homes

I toured this home along with 2 other Avalon Homes in the nearby area. My wife and I were referred by a couple in our Sunday School class. Their mother has been at Avalon for over 3 years, and they have not had anything but positive things to say. We knew this day would come that we would need to place my mom. Matt with Avalon spoke with me at length before we actually met to tour. During our conversation, he really honed into where my mom was at in the disease process. He toured us in the 3 residential care homes that he thought would be the best fit for mom. At each home, we were greeted with smiles and it just felt like home. What was most impressive was watching the staff interacting with the folks there. There was no desk for staff to be perched behind. The staff were very tuned into the residents. It was also interesting to learn that much of the staff had been there for a long time. That really spoke to me and my wife. You don't see that often. You could just tell that the staff really loved the residents there. They each had their rooms decorated with their own belongings. At all 3 homes, I had the chance to talk to other family and they all had really kind and helpful things to say. Matt has been very helpful in making this difficult decision a little bit easier.

Jon Seib

Thank you Mike for sharing your feedback. Take Care.

Recognized as the leader in innovative, high end Alzheimer’s care, Avalon offers personalized care and services with a loving, well trained, people oriented staff in our elegantly furnished residential homes. Feel at home in the comfort and convenience of a caring and nurturing environment that offers greater independence, privacy, personal choice, and individuality. We skillfully enhance an individual’s self-esteem and dignity while eliminating the need for traditional institutional Alzheimer’s care. Our homes are designed to help residents live full, enriching, and dignified lives with the assistance of our staff 24 hours a day.