Silverado The Woodlands - The Woodlands, TX

Cutting edge but lacks personal touch

I was touring this facility in hopes of finding a place for my Father. It’s a cutting-edge community with a beautiful garden outside. They actually have two dining rooms and one of them had tablecloths and looked like a nice restaurant. The community has constant activities going on and I feel like the facility was designed for mental stimulation. The staff always engages the residents and they go on a lot of field trips. I just feel like they lack the personal touch my dad needs. He would get lost because it was a little too big and the ratio of staff to residents wasn’t good. The facility is more like a cruise ship. I don't think they would've noticed the small things like if my Dad needed a shower, if he wasn't drinking water, or if he became incontinent. I would recommend this facility to other families who are looking for an active community.

Silverado Representative

Thank you for sharing your comments and feedback. As you noticed, Silverado Sugar Land is a warm, lively place where hobbies and interaction flourish and engagement is constant. We offer personalized engagement plans that are catered to each resident’s specific needs and preferences. Although we have a full engagement calendar and there are always activities happening, we are sensitive to the needs of residents that may need quieter activities and, therefore, offer a variety of activities. Thank you again for taking the time to share your comments and review!

Tour and Care for Dad

We toured this community and we might have moved into this nice community. We found that they community did not have the feeling that we were looking for at the time. The staff was nice and they did answer the questions. This community has a lot to offer families for the care of a loved one

Silverado Representative

Hello, we're glad to hear that you had the opportunity to tour our community. At Silverado, we pride ourselves in being industry leaders and providing individualized memory care that is just as focused on mind and spirit as it is on body. Providing an enriching environment for residents and their families is our goal, and we thank you for your comment!

We are Pleased with this Community

We choose this community because of they specialize in the type of memory care my mother needed. This is a lovely community, and my mother is doing great with her move here. We are satisfied with all they have done for us. We know she is safe, and in good hands. The staff is wonderful. She goes on nice outings outside the community. Everything has worked out very well, and this is a community I would recommend.

Silverado Representative

Hello! As you mentioned, our associates specialize and are trained in dementia care. We're happy to hear that your mother is thriving at Silverado The Woodlands. We appreciate your comments and hope that you'll swing by the community soon!

Wasn't the Fit for Us, but this Is A Nice Community

My mother was at this community for a short time, it wasn't the right fit for her, and her needs. Overall it was a good experience, and they have a great staff at this community. The residents at this facility were more advanced in their Alzheimer's, than my mother was. It is an expensive, but I would recommend this community. It is a nice community with great people.

Silverado Representative

Thank you for recognizing our staff and the amazing care that they provide! We're sorry that it wasn't the best fit for your mother. At Silverado, our around-the-clock nursing team, masters prepared social workers and experienced leadership team provide an exceptional, industry-leading care that is truly valued by family members.

Didn't show up for appointment!!

I had a scheduled tour with my loved one of this community, and when we had arrived no one answered the door nor showed up for our appointment. I would not recommend this place to a relative or a friend

This faciltiy was good but nothing like [Removed]. It's more of what you think of when you think of a 'facility' for memory care. This would be my 2nd choice.
The facility is very nice, the layout is good, and they have scheduled activites. However,the day we visited it was obvious they were understaffed. It was very chaotic.

Silverado Representative

Thank you for your comments, we appreciate and welcome feedback so that we can continue to improve upon the world-class environment for which we are known.

After visiting all the memory care centers here locally, I chose Silverado for my loved one.

Silverado allows the residents to mingle wherever they wish; there are no closed hallways, locked rooms or locked areas for those less lucid.
Silverado serves wonderful, well balanced meals to the residents, with stocked refrigerators for the residents to peruse at any time. There's always snacks and fruit offered in between meals. Various drinks are offered to keep the residents well hydrated.
The caregivers give care, they don't clean, do laundry or cook meals.
The friendliness of the staff and caregivers are real- the residents are an extended part of their family.
The day is filled with activities, with parties, social programs and outings for the residents.
Silverado is the most expensive memory care center here locally, but mom always said - you get what you pay for. I expect Silverado to maintain their high standards of quality in their care of our loved ones.

Silverado Representative

We love hearing from Silverado family members. Feedback like this truly motivates us to change the way the world cares for those with memory impairments. We hope that you'll swing by the community to enjoy a meal with your mother or join us for one of our fun activities!

A Great Place

It is a great place for someone who has dementia and before we were having to pay for 24-hour one-on-one care and this place allowed for him to community and still get all his needs supported. The only improvement I would like to see is that all of the activities are in the living room and the music is loud and it is difficult if someone has hearing issues.

Silverado Representative

Hello, thank you so much for your feedback. We have taken note of your suggestion and as always, our associates are committed to providing life-enriching care to our residents!

Buyer Beware! It Doesn't Need to be Gold but it best be Worthwhile!

Honestly, I would not even give The Silverado Memory Care center in the Woodlands one star. They talk a good game but the reality is 180 degrees in the opposite direction. They will speak with you very sweetly and politely but the management is sorely lacking. When we arrived they guided us to what they called a temporary room. It had broken furniture, blinds that were bent, mismatched bedding, a chest of drawers that was so dirty it had to be cleaned before we could put anything in. It took me almost 2 1/2 hours to fill out the paperwork, the old fashion way of writing your name and address over and over on document after document. I was offered lunch that was more like a meal kids would receive in a school cafeteria. My loved one had to stay there 2 weeks before we could make arrangements for him to transfer. He told me that the food was either bad or cold, especially the breakfasts. The staff was so disorganized that on the first night of his stay, I was emailing his medication chart so that they would know which meds to give him. They told me they had all the medical records, when in fact they did not. Never did I imagine that I would find the staff's children hanging out with the residents, I myself witness the children there playing ping pong. I was told how the recreation programs were scientifically designed, really do you believe that ping pong and bingo are researched design to help with memory loss. I feel the most offensive actions by Silverado were encouraging me to bring my loved one there, knowing that he was a high functioning resident. Their encouragement with the words, "you have done all you can do for your loved one, this is not a job for me but my passion, bring him here to Silverado (we were locating to The Woodlands in Houston, TX) and we will do the rest." My experience with Silverado Memory Care in the Woodlands was absolutely a nightmare and I write this review so others will be able to avoid the disappointment and stress that I have incurred. Interestingly enough, they say you get what you pay for, but their prices were high, and we still did not get anything near what we paid for. We felt like we were in a GoodWill used furniture store, not a well run Memory Care Center. My loved one has moved on to another facility and Silverado continues to make things difficult for us. This was especially evident today when we tried to get our medical records. This is not a well run organization. I am afraid that having the corporate office in California gives the facility in Texas to get away with very unorthodox actions.

They are doing a great job.

They are doing a great job. The staff is friendly, and the community is nice and clean. We haven't had any complaints about the food or the activities. We feel like we are getting a good value. We just wish we would have found them sooner.

Silverado Representative

We are very happy to hear that you had a positive experience! As always, our associates remain dedicated to enriching the lives of not only our residents but family members as well.

Silverado-The Woodlands is a beautiful facility but ...

Silverado-The Woodlands is a beautiful facility but costly. They offer a lot of activities but need more caregivers for the overall needs of their residents.

Silverado Representative

Thank you taking a tour at our community! We appreciate your comments and feedback.

Very, very nice. Saw the re...

Very, very nice. Saw the residents interacting with many different things. Something for everyone! Lydia was great. It is a lovely community, but again I don't know if it is the best fit for Dad due to the lack of privacy that I think he would expect.

Silverado Representative

Thank you for your feedback! We are glad that you had a positive experience. We hope that you and your family will use us as a resource in the future!

We were really impressed with this community

We were really impressed with this community, but it was too expensive for us. They had animals, companion dogs, the staff everybody, we met everybody. They even had a jacuzzi tub in the bathroom, and everything was included. It was quiet and had a central dining room, and encouraged employees children to be around since the seniors love children. With the dogs and the children around, it feels like a community there.

Silverado Representative

Thank you for sharing your Silverado story! Our associates continue to be committed to providing exceptional care that our families value. As you noticed, our community has a family-like atmosphere. We encourage our residents and associates to bring in their pets, children and families. Thanks again for your review!

My Mother Is Happy Here

They're great, they really are. I like the fact that they have dogs for the residents to pet. They're very low key which makes it feel more home-like and they refer to it as their home, because it is. They treat the residents like that is their home. They've been extremely good to my mother. We've been pleasantly surprised. She's very happy there which makes us happy. She's not even asked to come hom which was surprising to my sister and I.

Silverado Representative

Sue, thank you for your positive review! As you noted, our unique philosophy allows us to enrich the lives of not only our residents but also family members as well.

The Director is full of energy and a ...

The Director is full of energy and a very good communicator. I am still talking to my brothers about this one also.

Silverado Representative

Thank you for your review. We are glad that you had a good experience. We hope to be a resource for you in the future.

The skilled, compassionate memory care professionals at Silverado are dedicated to providing residents with the dignity and care they deserve while they enjoy the community’s warm atmosphere. Comfortable surroundings and engagement activities designed with the needs of memory-impaired individuals in mind help ensure the goal of enriching the lives of both residents and their families.